Sir Creep

Ideas and Possibilities for 2019

On 13/1/2018 at 11:33, drol said:

Italian former Environment minister and European deputy/commissioner Carlo Ripa di Meana is gravely ill and spends his whole life confined in his bedroom. He learned about the passing of his wife Marina Ripa di Meana from the TV, because they did not want to shock him. He clearly has not much time left. Could be talking weeks or months.

Link

Carlo Ripa di Meana dead at 88. Congrats, deadsox.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, drol said:

Carlo Ripa di Meana dead at 88. Congrats, deadsox.

Let’s see if he gets an obit in the English language. Last time I checked, Italian obits don’t count for the deathlist cup...

Hmm, indeed (a slip up tbh), though I'd expect a QO before too long for him.

As a European Commissioner he'll get it. No doubts.

how about Bradly Walsh? he is such a cheekly git and so must have annoyed a lot of people

It's likely at one point, he'll be badly beaten and even if the person doesn't mean to kill him, you might have heard about the one punch theory

generally when you go about annoying people, you end up getting hurt - just look what happened to the go compare guy

Well, here you go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drol said:

Well, here you go.

Arse, losing in the Cup. Err, I mean, thanks! :D

• Haha 1

Current 2019 chances verdict

Miracle needed - Leah Bracknell, John McCain, Stirling Moss, Tessa Jowell, Clive James

Unlikely - Herman Wouk, Leslie Phillips, Jill Gascoine, Barbara Bush, Pope Benedict, Neil Simon, Denis Norden

50/50 - Kirk Douglas, Duke Of Edinburgh, Lord Carrington, Javier Perez De Cueller, Pierre Cardin, Stan Lee, Bob Dole, Bob Barker, Prunella Scales, Vera Lynn, Robert Mugabe, George Bush Sr, Henry Kissinger, Stanley Baxter, Valery Gistard d'Estaing, Hosni Mubarak, Jimmy Greaves, Valerie Harper

Likely - Olivia De Havilland, Betty White, Jimmy Carter, Honor Blackman, Doris Day, Ian St John, Stephen Hawking, Olivia Newton-John, Joni Mitchell, Paul Gascoigne

Almost safe - Linda Nolan, Charles Aznavour, Dick Van Dyke, Mel Brooks, June Brown, Sean Connery, Louis Farrakhan, Ronnie Wood

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ebless said:

50/50 - Kirk Douglas, Duke Of Edinburgh, Lord Carrington, Javier Perez De Cueller, Pierre Cardin, Stan Lee, Bob Dole, Bob Barker, Prunella Scales, Vera Lynn, Robert Mugabe, George Bush Sr, Henry Kissinger, Stanley Baxter, Valery Gistard d'Estaing, Hosni Mubarak, Jimmy Greaves, Valerie Harper

There's a 100% chance all of these will either die or not die. :duck:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, ebless said:

Current 2019 chances verdict

Miracle needed - Leah Bracknell, John McCain, Stirling Moss, Tessa Jowell, Clive James

Unlikely - Herman Wouk, Leslie Phillips, Jill Gascoine, Barbara Bush, Pope Benedict, Neil Simon, Denis Norden

Likely - Olivia De Havilland, Betty White, Jimmy Carter, Honor Blackman, Doris Day, Ian St John, Stephen Hawking, Olivia Newton-John, Joni Mitchell, Paul Gascoigne

Almost safe - Linda Nolan, Charles Aznavour, Dick Van Dyke, Mel Brooks, June Brown, Sean Connery, Louis Farrakhan, Ronnie Wood

I think George Bush SNR belongs in unlikely and Barbara belongs in 50/50 

Theresa May should be considered I reckon. She seems to be under a lot of stress for a supposedly "strong and stable" Prime Minister. She should take up bike riding

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Theresa May should be considered I reckon. She seems to be under a lot of stress for a supposedly "strong and stable" Prime Minister.

You have a thread Jezza! Welcome to the forum.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

You have a thread Jezza! Welcome to the forum.

Thank you, thought it was about time for me to join 

8 minutes ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Thank you, thought it was about time for me to join 

How is Diane?

• Haha 2

Here's a list of people who are immortal. They will probably dance on our graves.

1)Sree Sree Sree Shivakumara Swamiji (1907): Loads of posts have been written about this god-like creature. He was hospitalized many times for recurring infections and for pneumonia, last time in January 2018. He is always discharged after one (!!!) day. People of Karnatka are already planning huge celebrations for his 111th birthday in April, and he is still out and about.

2)Hans Lipschis (1919): One of the last living Nazi war criminals. In 2013 his dementia was so advanced he could not be processed. Prosecutors were really confident he would die within the year and how come he is still alive?  Died in 2016, death gone completely unreported.

3)Monica Vitti (1931) and Joanne Woodward (1930): They spent years and years in the final stages of Alzheimer's. Plus Vitti broke her femur in 2003 and is ill since 2000! No photos of them in years and years.

4)Le Duc Anh (1920), Do Muoi (1917), Prem, Tun Tin, Babiker Awadalla, Kim Yong-ju: They are either indestructible or living in dictatorships which keep their deaths secret. I gues that makes them immortal. But I already spammed the Political Frailty thread enough.

5)José José (1948): He has survived pneumonia, diabetes, emphysema, hernia, palsy, gastritis, diabetic retinopathy and pancreatic cancer. Every time he looks fucked this means he will be on the mend within a week. 

6)Olivia de Havilland (1916): The name is enough.

7)Rhonda Fleming (1923) Not seen in public for years and years, practically a ghost. And ghosts don't die.

8)Wilford Brimley (1934) Has suffered from severe diabetes since 1979. He's always looked 20 years older than his actual age. And he is syill acting. mistery pf life.

9)Plethora of African desposts born in 1924. There is a whole thread for them.

10)Baby Peggy (1918): She has lived into obscurity for decades but somehow she is still alive almost 90 years after her career ended. 

Here are the toughest of the toughest. I surely missed someone, but will add later.

Edited by drol
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, drol said:

3)Monica Vitti (1931) and Joanne Woodward (1930): They spent years and years in the final stages of Alzheimer's. Plus Vitti broke her femur in 2003 and is ill since 2000! No photos of them in years and years.

Anita Kert Ellis is a similar case, having had Alzheimer's since at least 2000!

I predict 2018 will be a rather slow year for celebrity deaths.  And so far, really only two marquee names have passed away this year: Dolores O'Riordan and Billy Graham.  Besides those two, not really any real big names who passed away.

Aren't too many celebrities right now that appear to be gravely ill, but Kirk Douglas is 101 years old and looks absolutely terrible.  He will likely pass away soon.

I also think Robert Wagner will croak before he faces any justice for the death of Natalie Wood.  

25 minutes ago, BCAlum2000 said:

I predict 2018 will be a rather slow year for celebrity deaths.  And so far, really only two marquee names have passed away this year: Dolores O'Riordan and Billy Graham.  Besides those two, not really any real big names who passed away.

Aren't too many celebrities right now that appear to be gravely ill, but Kirk Douglas is 101 years old and looks absolutely terrible.  He will likely pass away soon.

I also think Robert Wagner will croak before he faces any justice for the death of Natalie Wood.  

Mark E Smith Morgan Tsvangirai Roger Bannister Jimmy Armfield Liam Miller Cyrillie Regis  Emma Chambers and Prince Henrik! 

• Like 3

Just now, Sean said:

Mark E Smith Morgan Tsvangirai Roger Bannister Jimmy Armfield Liam Miller Cyrillie Regis  Emma Chambers and Prince Henrik! 

And Dorothy Malone! A big name as far as I am concerned being an Oscar winner from the golden age of Hollywood. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BCAlum2000 said:

so far, really only two marquee names have passed away this year: Dolores O'Riordan and Billy Graham.  Besides those two, not really any real big names who passed away. 

Good grief.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

And Dorothy Malone! A big name as far as I am concerned being an Oscar winner from the golden age of Hollywood. 

And John Mahoney and David Ogden Stiers.

• Like 2