Just come to the conclusion that any political party that is so woke and correct is not fit or capable of running the country. The fact is there are more important matters to deal with. It is about time these incompetent politicians tried to get a proper job, tanker driver, healthcare worker, shop assistant? Perhaps they might be qualified for something else, previous experience required. Competitive markets, failures not accepted.

• Like 1

Perhaps related but clearly snowflake based 

Uncle Bens rice ( you know the one with the black man on the packaging) is now just Bens Rice and no black person in sight. 

12 minutes ago, Philheybrookbay1 said:

Uncle Bens rice ( you know the one with the black man on the packaging) is now just Bens Rice and no black person in sight. 

Maybe happy greying in the hair black men  don't like rice. And rice is Asian. So something more disparaging about the orientals would at least be geographically correct. Slope or slanty eyed  yellow rice perhaps. 

This "butter" rebrand presumably intended for diplomacy was an abject fail.

Some cunto actually signed off on this.

"Sure, keep all the land but erase the people"

How very USian. 

Screenshot_2021-09-30-22-06-36-414_com.android.chrome.jpg

11 hours ago, Philheybrookbay1 said:

Aunt Jemima got canned too. And the finger of Fudge song was clearly encouraging nonces so that had to go. No kids on Grampa's lap for Werthers either.

• Like 1

"Men's meat heavy diet cause 40% more climate emissions than women's":

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2021/nov/22/mens-meat-heavy-diets-cause-40-more-climate-emissions-than-womens-study-finds

Oh, I am the snowflake here, but yeah, if you want to turn me into a stone age conservative, try to intertwine climate change with diet, vegetarian supremacy, a little sexism, and the undercurrent of just not being woke enough.

"The research also found a quarter of diet-related emissions were from “optional” food and drink, such as coffee, alcohol, cakes and sweets."

It does remind me of Franklin D. Roosevelt's reasoning for ending the prohibition, i.e. "people need their drinks in these days", And I need caffeine and sugar to be productive and keep going.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

to be productive and keep going.

Resulting in more emissions :D

• Haha 1

F1EB662B-AC06-4E09-A8D9-7D6FA99A48B8.thumb.jpeg.3e430cdd75de0401fcf1d0d652f6dfcf.jpeg

Richard Littlejohn telling “snowflakes” they shouldn’t work from home. Richard Littlejohn  lives in Florida and spreads his Maily Dail-based bile from there. Richard Littlejohn is a musty old anus.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TQR said:

F1EB662B-AC06-4E09-A8D9-7D6FA99A48B8.thumb.jpeg.3e430cdd75de0401fcf1d0d652f6dfcf.jpeg

Richard Littlejohn telling “snowflakes” they shouldn’t work from home. Richard Littlejohn  lives in Florida and spreads his Maily Dail-based bile from there. Richard Littlejohn is a musty old anus.

Keep in mind that Richard Littlejohn is the man who was able to make Michael Winner look the decent guy in comparison on live TV once.

• Like 1

C37E758E-786E-4060-8BE4-D72125E01AEB.jpeg

7 hours ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Cancel culture onto christmas songs again, sadly Mariah Carey's song survived unscathed...

"The discomfort I felt as a child watching the single’s music video alongside my predominantly white friends in school assemblies was unnecessary and avoidable. At primary school, I struggled to articulate to peers that the images they were seeing in the video weren’t an accurate representation of an entire continent."

Aw, diddums.  Weren't you grateful that you weren't starving, and glad that someone was trying to help those people? 

What an utter cunt.

This is just nasty. There was nothing "racist" whatsoever in the song. 

And have these people never heard of poetic licence?  "Africa" scans a lot more easily than "Ethiopia".

26 minutes ago, Toast said:

This is just nasty. There was nothing "racist" whatsoever in the song. 

And have these people never heard of poetic licence?  "Africa" scans a lot more easily than "Ethiopia".

Nah, there’s no racist intent in that song. But this lone opinion that it somehow is is being published purely to stir shit. Anything to get clicks and start a culture war. Utter ghouls.

I will say, though, that I never really liked the “Tonight thank god it’s them instead of you” line. Or indeed the song itself, separate from intent. Or Bob Geldof.

1 minute ago, TQR said:

Nah, there’s no racist intent in that song. But this lone opinion that it somehow is is being published purely to stir shit. Anything to get clicks and start a culture war. Utter ghouls.

I will say, though, that I never really liked the “Tonight thank god it’s them instead of you” line. Or indeed the song itself, separate from intent. Or Bob Geldof.

I'd bin it on general principle, because it's shite. It's the worst moment in Midge Ure's career, as he himself admits. And that man was once robbed of a number one hit by Joe fucking Dolce. 

Midge Ure is right in that it s a cr*p  - or at best mediocre - song. But at least it made money for charity, unlike When a child is born and wonderful Christmas time, which are equally ubiquitous and probably even worse. Personally, with the exception of Slade, Wizzard, Greg Lake, the Waitresses, the Wombles (of course) and possibly Shaky and Boney M in moderation I could happily live without all of them. Bit late for this year, but next year we need a Christmas Kill or Save to argue the matter out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, msc said:

I'd bin it on general principle, because it's shite. It's the worst moment in Midge Ure's career, as he himself admits. And that man was once robbed of a number one hit by Joe fucking Dolce. 

The song was written very quickly and from a place of great anger

A little more reflection might have considered what the exact message was but it did raise a huge amount of cash and generated a global movement and one of the biggest cultural touchstones of the eighties

As Christmas “charity” singles go, though, it’s still not as galling as those sausage roll cunts.

• Like 1

Just now, Bibliogryphon said:

The song was written very quickly and from a place of great anger

A little more reflection might have considered what the exact message was but it did raise a huge amount of cash and generated a global movement and one of the biggest cultural touchstones of the eighties

No doubt it did. No doubt some of the money from Lad Baby's stuff goes to starving people too. Doesn't stop it being a pile of self-promoting bollocks. 

And bloody hell, TQR with the same reference as I was typing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

Midge Ure is right in that it s a cr*p  - or at best mediocre - song. But at least it made money for charity, unlike When a child is born and wonderful Christmas time, which are equally ubiquitous and probably even worse. Personally, with the exception of Slade, Wizzard, Greg Lake, the Waitresses, the Wombles (of course) and possibly Shaky and Boney M in moderation I could happily live without all of them. Bit late for this year, but next year we need a Christmas Kill or Save to argue the matter out.

If you did that you would get into all kinds of difficulties:

Which version of Winter Wonderland or Santa Baby* do you include?

*If the answer is anything other than Kylie or Eartha Kitt then it is wrong

9 minutes ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

There's only one possible winner.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TQR said:

I will say, though, that I never really liked the “Tonight thank god it’s them instead of you” line.

We weren't meant to like it. 

It was the truth - we were thankful that it wasn't us and our children that were starving.   And so we felt guilty about that.  Bono's bitter and accusing delivery of the line rammed it home.

That line wasn't an instruction - it was an invitation to examine our consciences.  And it worked, as it made everyone empty their wallets.

It's the most powerful line in the song.

• Like 1

The line about there being no snow in Africa must have really annoyed the owners of the ski resorts in the Atlas mountains.

• Like 1