Paul Bearer

Ideas and Possibilities for 2021

3 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Re 2021 deaths - on their current disappointing form I think we should consider ALL the low hanging barrel scraper picks languishing on the under-performing Deathrace. I can only apologise to sponsors and avid television viewers for this appalling failure to deliver fucking good fun!

We're on it, or summat

We are only in to the 2nd week of the year

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Re 2021 deaths - on their current disappointing form I think we should consider ALL the low hanging barrel scraper picks languishing on the under-performing Deathrace. I can only apologise to sponsors and avid television viewers for this appalling failure to deliver fucking good fun!

We're on it, or summat

Yes. Somewhat of a drought, already.

49 minutes ago, Phantom said:

We are only in to the 2nd week of the year

Yeah, we've had winners by this time. 

Honestly, searching and finding nowt, the worry of running the pool, it's like having a job. 

When I Googled some of the talent on those teams I thought this year would resemble the battle of the Somme for a body count. 

54 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Yeah, we've had winners by this time. 

Honestly, searching and finding nowt, the worry of running the pool, it's like having a job. 

When I Googled some of the talent on those teams I thought this year would resemble the battle of the Somme for a body count. 

Well, usually we get a first hit on our local dead pool within the first few days. A couple of years ago it wasn't until the 24th when the first hit came in and that year ended up being a record year for hits.

1 hour ago, Phantom said:

Well, usually we get a first hit on our local dead pool within the first few days. A couple of years ago it wasn't until the 24th when the first hit came in and that year ended up being a record year for hits.

Great, but the biggest Deathrace scores are the first days - the assets are dropping in value when they're not dropping like flies

27 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Great, but the biggest Deathrace scores are the first days - the assets are dropping in value when they're not dropping like flies

So basically people are dying, just not the ones selected on the deathrace.

3 hours ago, Phantom said:

So basically people are dying, just not the ones selected on the deathrace.

Yeah, I'd say we can safely conclude death remains to be cured.

But given the tonnage of cancer mums and the odd teen flattened by a car on the masterlist it's amazing so many of them will see tomorrow morning.

Rupert Murdoch

2 hours ago, Lewd_Squirrel said:

Rupert Murdoch

And Jerry Hall three days later, mugged for her fortune!

18 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Yeah, I'd say we can safely conclude death remains to be cured.

But given the tonnage of cancer mums and the odd teen flattened by a car on the masterlist it's amazing so many of them will see tomorrow morning.

Ok well if a few can hang around for another week and a bit, that will keep me happy

Dmitry Yasov (1924) is the last marshal of the Soviet Union still alive. He was one of the leaders of the august coup against Gorbachev in 1991.

I just found out that four famous & very old opera singers (that I forgot to put on my lists) are still alive:

Jane Berbié & Mady Mesplé (1931)

Reri Grist (1932)

Teresa Berganza (1935).

Well, after falling down into a Wikipedia rabbit hole with Sultan Qaboos and the House of Said....

... the last Sultan of Zanzibar Jamshid bin Abdullah, is still alive (born 1929) and lives in Portsmouth, UK, because why not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamshid_bin_Abdullah_of_Zanzibar

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Well, after falling down into a Wikipedia rabbit hole with Sultan Qaboos and the House of Said....

... the last Sultan of Zanzibar Jamshid bin Abdullah, is still alive (born 1929) and lives in Portsmouth, UK, because why not.

He's on my list this year. Very interesting article/interview about him that spurned me to add him this year from 2012.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, adrian0719 said:

He's on my list this year. Very interesting article/interview about him that spurned me to add him this year from 2012.

Welcome back, by the way!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Which obviously brought to mind Valentine Strasser, the former military dictator of Sierra Leone who tried to change the country's national anthem to “Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now” by McFadden and Whitehead, and after being ousted ended up living in a council house near Coventry. Apparently he was "seriously ill" last January, so feel free to move him onto your radars. 

• Like 3

Too Early for 2021 but Rob Burrow feels like a future drop 40 candidate - ditto possibly Joel McIlroy due to amount of points they offer.

10 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Too Early for 2021 but Rob Burrow feels like a future drop 40 candidate - ditto possibly McIlroy due to amount of points they offer.

See the source image

• Haha 1

I hate to suggest his name, but...

Tom Courtenay.

Here, I wrote it. I know, he's still working, but he's 82, fought prostate cancer in 2004 & had recent hip & eye operations. Why miss him like you missed Alan Rickman & Albert Finney?

• Like 1

On 01/01/2020 at 01:48, Putin said:

If Christopher Tolkien survives this year, take him on 2021 deathlist.

DEAD

• Like 1

Wiggles singer Greg Page has collapsed on stage, with more details to follow soon. I’d like some fruit salad now...

6 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Wiggles singer Greg Page has collapsed on stage, with more details to follow soon. I’d like some fruit salad now...

Which one's he again?

See the source image

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, time said:

Which one's he again?

See the source image

I believe he is the one on the right 

It's a photo from his days with The Cockroaches

2 hours ago, Perhaps said:

Multiple sites reporting that Greg Page suffered from a cardiac arrest

Gah, he was on my DDP list a few years ago but I didn't specify his profession....and that is how I learned who Greg Page the boxer was as that's who ended up on my list. 

Initially I was gutted....but then Greg Page the boxer died and I gained some undeserved but not unwelcome DDP points. 

• Haha 7