Paul Bearer

Ideas and Possibilities for 2021

Every year I compare my 1000 name long list (which does not contain many of the more obvious picks because they are in my 500 name work game) with the selections of the DDP.

Here is a list of the oldest picks all around to 80 age range who have not been a DDP pick in the past 7 years

1.       Michael Eavis                     Farmer (b.1935)

2.       Jan Pienkowski                 Illustrator (b.1936)

3.       Tom Stoppard                    Playwright (b.1937)

4.       Terry Dicks                          Politician (b.1937)

5.       P J Proby                              Singer (b.1938)

6.       Helen Oxenbury               Illustrator (b.1938)

7.       William Woolard              Presenter (b.1939)

8.       Robert Swindells               Writer (b.1939)

9.       Janet Suzman                    Actress (b.1939)

10.   Ali McGraw                        Actress (b.1939)

11.   Tony Hatch                         Composer (b.1939)

12.   John Gummer                   Politician (b.1939)

13.   Margaret Drabble            Writer (b.1939)

14.   Jack Cunningham             Politician (b.1939)

15.   Peter S. Beagle                  Writer (b.1939)

16.   Zandra Rhodes                  Designer (b.1940)

17.   David Hope                         Archbishop (b.1940)

18.   Clive Doig                            TV Producer (b.1940)

19.   Pauline Collins                   Actress (b.1940)

20.   Boris Vallejo                       Artist (b.1941)

Three of the names listed last year have since died.

• Like 4

Brazilian cult actor Milton Gonçalves is on life support.

On 12/02/2020 at 13:35, Bibliogryphon said:

5.       P J Proby                              Singer (b.1938)

Quite surprised he hasn't found his way onto any of those Cancelled Sex Maniac theme teams.

• Like 1

Don't know if it has been posted already ( like I care) but the Ex England, 'face like a well used anvil' star from back in the day, Dave Watson, 73, has been diagnosed as having a touch of the Jeff Astles, neurodegenerative disease.

A cert for next year, if he makes it that far.

2 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Don't know if it has been posted already ( like I care) but the Ex England, 'face like a well used anvil' star from back in the day, Dave Watson, 73, has been diagnosed as having a touch of the Jeff Astles, neurodegenerative disease.

A cert for next year, if he makes it that far.

Hardly a cert. He wasn’t really even diagnosed with anything. His doctor “diagnosed” him with “in all probability Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy” which has never been confirmed for a living patient. Even then most of the people who have died having CTE died from suicide as depression is a symptom of CTE. It’s basically no different than dementia in terms of prognosis and he’s fairly young. 

Just watched an Agatha Christie adaptation on BBC.  Rita Tushingham was in it. 

Not saying she's at death's door since she's still working, but she's 77 and she looks more like 97.

Tushingham%20crop.jpg

• Shocked 2

17 hours ago, Toast said:

Just watched an Agatha Christie adaptation on BBC.  Rita Tushingham was in it. 

Not saying she's at death's door since she's still working, but she's 77 and she looks more like 97.

Tushingham%20crop.jpg

She's not a good advert for vegetarianism is she? She'll probably go this year as I forgot about her for my scouse theme. 

• Haha 1

Jim Kiick

The running back from the undefeated 1972 Dolphins Dolphins team has had dementia since 2017,and is living in an assisted care facility

1 hour ago, ThePrematureBurial said:

I'm not sure if he will get an obituary in a British newspaper, but US congressman Jim Hagedorn (57) has been diagnosed with stage 4 kidney cancer last year. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/483809-minnesota-congressman-diagnosed-with-cancer

He probably won't get a UK obit. 

Sorry for his family, but he really is a despicable person.

Any incumbent member of the US House of Representatives should get a Mail obit no problem. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Any incumbent member of the US House of Representatives should get a Mail obit no problem. 

Tell that to Roger Zion (the late).

16 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Tell that to Roger Zion (the late).

Keyword you missed is incumbent. Pretty sure Zion wasn’t a representative for 45 years before he died. 

35 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Keyword you missed is incumbent. Pretty sure Zion wasn’t a representative for 45 years before he died. 

I saw incumbent and considered it a red herring.  A 2016 USREP no more important or newsworthy than a 1960 USREP.  He had the distinction of being the oldest surviving Rep at his death, which for my money is notable.

10 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

I saw incumbent and considered it a red herring.  A 2016 USREP no more important or newsworthy than a 1960 USREP.  He had the distinction of being the oldest surviving Rep at his death, which for my money is notable.

Daily Mail is a clickbait outfit, above all else so a current Us rep is either gonna be a a strong supporter of Trump or a critic of him which makes for easy clicks and headline.  Zion hadn't been a public figure for decades and no clickbaity ties to anyone in current politics or anyone historicallly popular . He was always someone who could have fallen off the radar.

Cypriot political legend Vassos Lyssarides hospitalized with breathing problems at 99. Said to be in good condition, our leader can't die, bla bla bla. Widower since last year.

On 16/02/2020 at 19:12, ThePrematureBurial said:

Roger Whittaker.

He's 83, his legs needed several surgeries, he has heart problems & suffers from dizziness, according to his wife.

Shouldn't have snorted all that charlie with the other groovers back in the day, then!

^_^

Ok, time for another "ailing A-listers" list. Oh, all name which will get a YES, FINALLY! comment from me, immediately. Let's start:

1)Hosni Mubarak (1928): DL candidate and Egyptian inafmous dictator. Received bowel surgery last month, developed complications and he is in ICU one month later. As usual family and lawyer say he "is slowly recovering"   :dead:

2)Lee Teng-hui (1923): Dictator of Taiwan, in hospital since the beginning of February after choking on milk and developing aspiratio pneumonia (with an incredible history of ill health). Lawyer says he "is slowly recovering"

3)Syed Ali Shah Geelani (1929): The independist Kashmir overlord has been hospitalized for months for chest infection. Now, according to familiy, he "is slowly recovering".

4)Hau Pei-tsun (1919): Taiwan PM and Chief of Staff, has been in hospital since April and has been rumoured to be critically ill a week ago. Family did not comment. :dead:

5)Prince Philip of Edinburgh (1921): Yes, all we have are rumours. But far more reliable than usual...

6)Stanley Ho (1921): Macau gambling God has been on life support for months and his situation further deteriorated in mid-January. Somehow, still alive. :dead:

The toughest of the toughest, folks!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Czech president Milos Zeman might be a smart choice. Been in a hospital several times, long-time heavy smoker and drinker, suffering from neuropathy in his feet as a result of diabetes, he barely walks without a help and rarely appears in public lately.

zemič.jpeg

• Like 1