paddyfool

Coronavirus death toll 2020

Coronavirus death toll 2020  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Iran and Italy now roughly on par on cases and deaths, now that Iran has had its number of cases increase by 50% in a single day.

I guess they couldn't hide it anymore with half the government sick.

Another country with a too low number of cases: the USA. 6 deaths and only a hundred cases? That means either extremely bad health care, bad testing or a suppression of truth. We are not at the third option yet, but lots of articles are speaking now of a "testing gap".

I've seen threads on Twitter where people say they have the virus, but because the healthcare system is so shit, trying to just get to speak to someone on the phone about having symptoms etc takes more than an hour due to being put on hold, being directed to the wrong person etc etc. That was someone in Chicago but then I saw another person reply to say that talking to someone about it in Florida takes no time at all.

• Like 1

This virus was created for population control purposes. Its target: old and unhealthy people.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, DeathClock said:

This virus was created for population control purposes. Its target: old and unhealthy people.

Unfunded consumers of resource and long term costs to the state. Those who have decent health are productive and are young have little risk.

It is to be noted that in the UK the majority of FTSE 100 companies pay negligible corporation tax, they use tax havens as do footballers to mitigate liabilities and maintain funding capital. Politicians, Banks, Lawyers, Fund Managers, Consultants and Accountants all complicit in the dilution of the British economy taking profits offshore and making Joe Public pay. 

I believe the Virus is news because as yet there is no vaccine, as with any problem like this the danger is the spread to the total population, in the past the notification procedures were slower and precautionary measures were often implemented too late, we see this with Iran and Italy, In the UK we see that the majority of cases are returning travellers. Whilst this is to some extent inevitable we have to prepare ourselves for the consequences of total exposure to the virus. An overview of the statistics would suggest that this would indeed result in the conclusion of DeathClocxk.

I'm just looking forward to working from home, no commuting and a Netflix binge from the saved time.

• Thanks 1

If we get into global pandemic territory the Deathlist and DDP will get a fair few more hits.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DeathClock said:

A deadpoolers wet dream

I got into the spirit of things by panic buying two packets of paracetamol in Morrisons earlier.  

29 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

I got into the spirit of things by panic buying two packets of paracetamol in Morrisons earlier.  

I had to do that too, as other people had apparently panic bought all the i-b-u-p-r-o-f-e-n in Didcot.

Although not in Morrisons, since there isn't one.

(Strangely you can say paracetamol here, but not SPAM.)

6 hours ago, DeathClock said:

Economic eugenics. If 3.4% is replicated around the world it will kill around 245m people. But 100% of humans won't get this . Let's just say 1 in 4 that's still around 62m dead. I believe once it gets to Africa, Bangladesh, Pakistan and India we'll see worse mortality rates than Iran . This could easily spread to Syria (with Iran's connections same with Yemen) and Israel already reporting cases which borders Syria. This could kill millions in those two countries alone.

• Like 1

Not so sure about Africa having an especially high mortality rate from this. Relatively young population with a low smoking rate.  Equatorial sun and heat (present in much though obvs not all of the continent) are also not good for viral survival on surfaces and hence onwards transmission. On the other hand, large church gatherings and densely packed cities with poor quality health infrastructure may be problematic, and where high rates of malnutrition, TB or HIV are present survival chances will likely be impaired.

Syrian refugee camps in the middle east are a clear risk area, as is much of the Indian subcontinent.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, DeathClock said:

Come on, if you want to control population you don't kill those who will die anyway.

• Like 1

After the Coronavirus was named as one of the reasons for FlyBe’s collapse, other airlines around the world have said they’re not taking any chances. 

76EF59F7-1DF9-46E3-99F2-214879D346D3.thumb.jpeg.22dc79f295341252b8acc054d91f2681.jpeg

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, drol said:

Come on, if you want to control population you don't kill those who will die anyway.

I don't think it's population control but a economic cull . We have very sick and demented people who run this world , they aren't our leaders they're our owners. We're seen as economic units not people. Old and disabled are seen as expendable and a threat .

https://hellocaremail.com.au/ageing-population-threat-global-economy-g20-hears/

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/why-an-ageing-population-is-the-greatest-threat-to-society-5361944.html?amp

• Thanks 1

Considering Japan's population is slowing cos nobody is having as many babies, kinda a bad time for them to go through a cull.

17 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Considering Japan's population is slowing cos nobody is having as many babies, kinda a bad time for them to go through a cull.

Japan has the worlds highest life expectancy.

Fewer babies, more elderly, those elderly quite capable of working beyond retirement.

Nowt for them to panic about.

12 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

Total infected now over 100,000

Is that all. Can Porton Down get some Spanish Flu out of the freezer just to get this thing going. I prefer to be dead quickly rather than hanging around waiting. 

Everything cancelled in Denmark. 

Sports, concerts, TV-shows (talent shows, Grand Prix etc.), everything with an attendance over 1000. 

The mass hysteria is reaching its peak here. And 22 people are infected...

We have deferred decision on whether to attend Doors tribute gig in two weeks time in, er, Reading.  :unsure:

I’m going on holiday to Seville next Wednesday - hoping it will be hot and quiet. 

• Like 1

From this week's Private Eye

The government’s plan to recruit retired GPs, themselves at risk of coronavirus because of their age, has not gone down well. As one angry GP posted on Facebook: “Dear Matt Hancock, You've got more chance of persuading retired doctors and nurses to give you a rim-job than you have of getting them to come and act as Covid-19 cannon-fodder (even if this is one way of sorting out the NHS pensions fuck-up) [...]"

Merrily mutating, rapidly transmissible viruses can’t be stopped, but with luck and isolation they can be phased in. The mild to moderately unwell need to sweat it out at home, the elderly need to consider if – as for any serious illness – they would want hospital admission, resuscitation and intubation (intensive care bed permitting) or for a retired GP in a space suit to pop round with some morphine and the death certificate book.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just noticed that the whole series of the eerily prescient 1970s BBC series Survivors is on YouTube.  Something to while away the hours as we all withdraw into self-imposed isolation? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Toast said:

We have deferred decision on whether to attend Doors tribute gig in two weeks time in, er, Reading.  :unsure:

I would be more concerned about the people attending Crufts this week. I live near Reading and most you should be worried about are the homeless people by the train station tbh.