Lord Fellatio Nelson

14. James Whale

I'd absolutely agree with you but for one thing, nothing else seems to get noticed, or works.

I thought the same at the time of the poll tax riots, that was also disrupting  to ordinary people and for all I know stopped ambo's too - however, it worked, the government backed down.

Gluing yourself to Shell or BP's head office simply isn't going to make anything happen. And you can't do it at #10 or any government department since reasonably they are protected against actual terrorists.

They can comfortably ignore a bunch of people sitting in the middle of Hyde Park causing no disruption at all - and do.

Hey, I'm no green eco-warrior, nor have I taken part in any of this, but I'm not calling them loons either, not about this particular protest anyway.

• Like 1

David Mitchell on the subject that has so raised Whales hackles in today's Observer (well it would be if it weren't just the Sunday Grauniad). As usual far funnier and more eloquent than I ever manage, mind you, that's his job and he had an educashun unlike me.

• Like 2

On 08/11/2022 at 19:17, Sean said:

I still don't see how appearing hysterical and blocking the M25 will elicit any other response but contempt amongst the public.The activists seem to think that by disrupting people  constantly they will  eventually see their point of view whereas it seems to be pissing everyone off and making it easier for the government to crack down on protests.

I say good on people for dragging them out of the road.The police won deal with the issue so about time the public did.Blocking a road using your own person is nuts dangerous irresponsible and selfish.Plus many of those protesting seem your usual hipster type who aren't even contributing to society unlike the nurse in the Whale interview he did a 12 hour shift then got stuck by the looney tunes for another 4 hours. She needs her sleep after saving lives unlike these jobsworths who are merely damaging their own cause through their own ego.If you turn the public against you they will NOT support you but will support the government to strop the fundamental rights of protests and ignore them.If I stopped everyone in my house going about their business when they tried to leave the house due to wanting to reduce their carbon emissions they would rightly xalk me a loon and get me arrested.Same should apply to this lot.They have no right to stop people earning money to survive or cancer patients getting treatment.Tjey almost have a messiah complex.

Perhaps the whole movement is in fact being orchestrated by MI5, to act as an agent provocateur to enrage the public and discredit the eco-movement?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Looks terrible. Even more bloated than we saw him a couple of weeks ago.

Kind of a prime candidate for "Deathlist drop, dead next year"

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Looks terrible. Even more bloated than we saw him a couple of weeks ago.

Kind of a prime candidate for "Deathlist drop, dead next year"

Would be bold to drop someone who says they will die in that year. 

They all come out at this time of year, saying they're not long for the world. It's like some kind of annual ritual.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

They all come out at this time of year, saying they're not long for the world. It's like some kind of annual ritual.

Maybe they are trying to get on the New Years Honours list but we all know which list they will end up on...

• Like 2

On 29/11/2022 at 13:31, Youth in Asia said:

Feels that way doesn't it - had my fingers burned a few times like that. Tend to ignore them now.

I don't think he is exaggerating he has visibly declined quickly plus the fact he states he has breathing problems is an ominous sign.

• Like 1

Blood clots in the lungs. Blood transfusion. 

He went from someone I was thinking of dropping to an absolute must keep very quickly lately.

• Like 1

Come on James just 12 more days .

Any predictions on how long we reckon? A few weeks ago he seemed quite well considering and he was still on TalkTV this Saturday just gone so didn't think anything was imminent, but he does seem to have deteriorated quickly.

• Like 1

Back home and back on air Xmas day.Apparently appeared briefly on talk TV this afternoon.

• Like 1

You can tell all his tweets are speech-to-text because his dyslexic ass can't string a sentence together. I lose a bunch of brain cells whenever I check up on him.

• Haha 1

My apologies he is on Xmas Eve tomorrow at 10 also.

Jding by his constant mean spirited tweets I reckon he is going to make the 2023 starting line.

• Like 1

Troubling that he was dropped from the list. It sounds like he's at death's door.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dimreaper said:

Troubling that he was dropped from the list. It sounds like he's at death's door.

A terrible own goal by the committee.

29 minutes ago, Sean said:

A terrible own goal by the committee.

There is no committee. Paul goes to the pub with a couple of mates, or perhaps just his missus, and they write up a list of names in 15 mins off the top of their head. Whale’s omission wasn’t intentional. Paul was about to write his name down then Mrs Bearer distracted him with “What about Robert Wagner?” and he forgot to write Whale down.

The idea that a group of ppl carefully plans out an annual list that is always either shit or mediocre is laughable. There is no “committee”. Can ending this myth be our collective resolution for 2023?

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

There is no committee. Paul goes to the pub with a couple of mates, or perhaps just his missus, and they write up a list of names in 15 mins off the top of their head. Whale’s omission wasn’t intentional. Paul was about to write his name down then Mrs Bearer distracted him with “What about Robert Wagner?” and he forgot to write Whale down.

The idea that a group of ppl carefully plans out an annual list that is always either shit or mediocre is laughable. There is no “committee”. Can ending this myth be our collective resolution for 2023?

Did Paul Bearer kill the actual committee then? They did used to exist. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Murdoc said:

Oooooh, yeah - I'm thinking people who've omitted him from teams because he's a regular tease are now regretting it

• Like 3