Paul Bearer

Ideas and possibilities for 2023

9 minutes ago, uni said:

The great Tom Lehrer will be 95 next year

The “great” James Watson will also be 95 next year, and so will Ethel Kennedy, Paul Dooley and James Ivory. 

Many new solid DL candidates from 1928 to consider. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

The “great” James Watson will also be 95 next year, and so will Ethel Kennedy, Paul Dooley and James Ivory. 

I think the 2023 list could be quite interesting as we are running out of too big to miss but not sure how ill they are names

6 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I think the 2023 list could be quite interesting as we are running out of too big to miss but not sure how ill they are names

We are? Since when?

1 hour ago, msc said:

We are? Since when?

Every time the Queen has been included there has been a debate as to whether it is worthwhile. There have been misses like ONJ and the fact that neither of the Pope's made the cut this time round does leave the door open there but I can't think of too many other people who the complaint will be made of that they have only been included because they were too big to miss

Until the start putting Trump on the list every year

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Every time the Queen has been included there has been a debate as to whether it is worthwhile. There have been misses like ONJ and the fact that neither of the Pope's made the cut this time round does leave the door open there but I can't think of too many other people who the complaint will be made of that they have only been included because they were too big to miss

Until the start putting Trump on the list every year

Hmm, the two Popes for starters. Jimmy Carter. Eastwood, Hackman, Duvall. Buzz. Murdoch for the party. 

In the next few years - Maggie Smith, Judi Dench, Michael Caine, Robert Redford, Julie Andrews, the Dalai Lama, etc. To say nothing of the never ending stream of A list war babies and boomers. 

Blair, Brown, Major, May, Clinton, Trump, Bush yes but all far too young.

But that's the thing. Most of the people considered "too old and important to drop" now were too young and healthy to include a decade ago. The conveyer belt towards oblivion never ceases.

• Like 1

Bob Knight, basketball coach, apparently no longer replying to his fan mail and   "not in great health" via the fan mail community.

• Like 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbqpWkrhMwq/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Some recent  pictures taken earlier this year of 95 year old golden era Hollywood  actress Barbara  Rush  that may be of interest to deadpoolers.

The photos are from her daughter Claudia Cowans social media.

Elsewhere online I have read a claim that she has recently moved into an assisted living facility.  The main person making this claim states that one of their relatives  went to the auction of some of her household items/personal effects. 

However Wikipedia still lists her as living at home in her mansion.  So I am not sure what to make of the claim but wanted to share it on here.

5 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbqpWkrhMwq/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Some recent  pictures taken earlier this year of 95 year old golden era Hollywood  actress Barbara  Rush  that may be of interest to deadpoolers.

The photos are from her daughter Claudia Cowans social media.

Elsewhere online I have read a claim that she has recently moved into an assisted living facility.  The main person making this claim states that one of their relatives  went to the auction of some of her household items/personal effects. 

However Wikipedia still lists her as living at home in her mansion.  So I am not sure what to make of the claim but wanted to share it on here.

She clearly isn’t in her home anymore as you can tell by the background and the other old lady next to her. however she seems healthy for a 95 yo. 

On 14/09/2022 at 12:04, The Daredevil said:

Jim Lovell , Frank Borman , Marion Ross , Dr Ruth Westheimer and Hans Blix are other possibilities worth considering from 1928.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lafaucheuse said:

She clearly isn’t in her home anymore as you can tell by the background and the other old lady next to her. however she seems healthy for a 95 yo. 

Well her daughter posts pictures and stuff were she has taken her mother out to restaurants etc so that picture could be a restaurant booking of elderly friends for their St Patricks day lunch ? Yes I think on balance the assisted living claim is true  but I don't think that photo itself actually  suggests that one way or the other.

12 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

She might have just - like - gone out for a feed with a few friends, before returning home. 

11 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Well her daughter posts pictures and stuff were she has taken her mother out to restaurants etc so that picture could be a restaurant booking of elderly friends for their St Patricks day lunch ? Yes I think on balance the assisted living claim is true  but I don't think that photo itself actually  suggests that one way or the other.

25 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

She might have just - like - gone out for a feed with a few friends, before returning home. 

Yeah that could be true… i don’t know Why tho but it doesn’t scream restaurant to me 

• Like 1

John Boorman has put his home in Ireland up for sale. Moving in with his son Charley Boorman in Surrey until he supposedly "finds something nearby"

https://www.irishtimes.com/property/residential/2022/09/15/john-boormans-wicklow-home-where-sean-connery-and-lee-marvin-came-for-dinner-for-sale-after-50-years-for-275m/

Could be something or could be nothing he is in his 90s after all and makes sense for him to be nearer his family

On 12/06/2022 at 19:58, gcreptile said:

Huge 90s/00s country star Toby Keith has stomach cancer:

https://theboot.com/toby-keith-stomach-cancer-diagnosis/

Has been in treatment for six months and is optimistic. But no word on whether the doctors are optimistic, too.

Not appearing in person at his cancer benefit:

https://tasteofcountry.com/toby-keith-cancels-cancer-benefit-appearance/

• Like 1

Just seen Lady Antonia Fraser, 90, royal historian (and Harold Pinter's widow) on the BBC news channel and she looks worthy of consideration - voice very croaky - surely one who would pass the fame test.  

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

Just seen Lady Antonia Fraser, 90, royal historian (and Harold Pinter's widow) on the BBC news channel and she looks worthy of consideration - voice very croaky - surely one who would pass the fame test.  

Well she does have a Wikipedia page and is in the news so I assume Guardian or Daily Telegraph would do an Obituary.

9 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Well she does have a Wikipedia page and is in the news so I assume Guardian or Daily Telegraph would do an Obituary.

She's very famous and also the daughter of Lord Longford - the one who was into prison visiting and wanted Myra Hindley released.

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

41 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

29 minutes ago, Toast said:

She's very famous and also the daughter of Lord Longford - the one who was into prison visiting and wanted Myra Hindley released.

Note that not only is Lady Antonia Fraser the widow of Harold Pinter, someone with a Wiki and the daughter of Lord Longford... she is also a well respected historian, broadcaster, and thriller author. She wrote Quiet as a Nun, which became a cult classic horror mini-series under Armchair Thriller in the 1970s. She's done a number of biographies, and she survived an IRA bomb in the 1970s.

As Toast puts it, very famous. Will even get a Sun obit when she goes (ahem).

• Like 2

Not to mention that both her husband and father were DL hits, accelerating her chances of selection. I think that she will see at least one year on the DL, even if she dies a year she isn't picked. 

• Like 1