• Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Cat O'Falk said:

I'm alive.

Good to hear it. Stay safe. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cat O'Falk said:

I'm alive.

Fantastic news. Best post of the year.

Wishing you the speediest of recoveries Cat! Take it easy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cat O'Falk said:

I'm alive.

Amazing! Hope you recover soon!

52 minutes ago, Cat O'Falk said:

I'm alive.

Great news!

1 hour ago, Cat O'Falk said:

I'm alive.

No point in picking you for DDP 2021 then?   :P

At last some proper good news this year

Onwards and upwards from now and into '21.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Cat O'Falk said:

I'm alive.

Fuck!

Coffin Lodger twat was all lined up to tell everybody what a legend you were and how many tears he was shedding over the greatest DL er in the history of, er, DL.:lol:

His loss is our gain.:D

• Haha 4

Where is Paddyfool? Paddyfool runs the Deathlist-Correctlist 2021. Has not been online here since January 12th 2021? @paddyfool

On 28/12/2021 at 13:54, theoldlady said:

Where is Paddyfool? Paddyfool runs the Deathlist-Correctlist 2021. Has not been online here since January 12th 2021?

Terrible news!

He died in March, he suffocated when he couldn't get his head out of his arse hole.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

On 30/12/2020 at 22:03, Cat O'Falk said:

I'm alive.

As some of you may already be aware, Cat O'Falk sadly died on 16 April 2021, aged just 63.

• Sad 28

Those who didn't know this for sure probably guessed as much. And those who were around on the forums while Cat was will know he was indeed a 'delightful gentleman' as his doctor's letter said. He'll always be a forum legend here.

Rest up old fella, and thanks for sharing many a laugh (and flight) with us.

• Like 13

Very sad, I can't pretend to know him well but I've seen his posts around these parts since my lurking days. From those who knew him better, it's clear that we've lost a good one. Rest in Peace, Cat.

As for former regulars, did we ever get a definitive answer as to whether Magere Hein is simply off grid or no longer with us? An eminent source of calm and reason that is sorely missed.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

As some of you may already be aware, Cat O'Falk sadly died on 16 April 2021, aged just 63.

We discovered as we talked that he had been a colleague of my father's many years ago

• Like 10

16 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

As for former regulars, did we ever get a definitive answer as to whether Magere Hein is simply off grid or no longer with us? An eminent source of calm and reason that is sorely missed.

According to msc on the other, similar thread to this one:

On 13/07/2020 at 11:41, msc said:

Magere Hein is alive and well. Worry not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Just to be clear on this, this isn't a direct confirmation from anyone who knew him. I pieced this together based on known details about his life, and used GRO/Ancestry to check if anyone matched. Someone died on 16th April 2021 that matches every known detail about Cat O'Falk, and there are enough details present that I'm 99.9% confident. 

I won't reveal the name here as he himself seemed to prefer anonymity, but if anyone here closely knew him and does have a name for him, I'm happy to PM the name I have for confirmation.

I'm happy to assist if anyone has any other members they're concerned may have died, on the basis that I think it's better to have transparency than eternal limbo. Cat O'Falk is a sad reminder that cancer does not discriminate, and makes no exceptions for the nice people in the world.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Master Obit said:

Just to be clear on this, this isn't a direct confirmation from anyone who knew him. I pieced this together based on known details about his life, and used GRO/Ancestry to check if anyone matched. Someone died on 16th April 2021 that matches every known detail about Cat O'Falk, and there are enough details present that I'm 99.9% confident. 

I won't reveal the name here as he himself seemed to prefer anonymity, but if anyone here closely knew him and does have a name for him, I'm happy to PM the name I have for confirmation.

I'm happy to assist if anyone has any other members they're concerned may have died, on the basis that I think it's better to have transparency than eternal limbo. Cat O'Falk is a sad reminder that cancer does not discriminate, and makes no exceptions for the nice people in the world.

Wasn't there some old poster from the 2000s here claiming a 1941 birth year? Assuming they were genuine about their birth year (possible since it was an old account) and still alive they would be 82/83 now.

3 minutes ago, The Immortal said:

Wasn't there some old poster from the 2000s here claiming a 1941 birth year?

You might need to narrow it down a bit more than that!

• Like 1