I live quite near the city of Bath, just over the border - everyone that doesn't live there thinks it's wonderful - everyone that lives within a ten mile radius thinks it's an absolute shithole. Which it is. In fact the best thing about Wiltshire is the M4, because it can take you pretty much anywhere else that isn't Wiltshire.

I went to Bath a few years ago and thought it was a lovely place. Mind you, the weather was pretty shitty. It just rained.

sounds more like a shower.
  • Like 3

Never been to Bath but I have been to Bristol, well Shirehampton but Bristol was for nights out on the piss.

It was a massive culture shock. I had no idea that there were places other than Essex where psychopaths roamed freely and that City centres could resemble a European style outside bog.

That was three weeks out of my life I never got back.

Bath is full of hobos, skanks and thick fucking chavs.

Didn't really notice any when we were there. Then again, I wasn't looking for any.

When Toastie stated that she lived in an adjacent county to Lardy, I confess, I thought the unthinkable, we had Jeremy Clarkson amongst us!!

Eh? :scratchhead:

Didn't really notice any when we were there. Then again, I wasn't looking for any.

Way back in 1987 went for a coupe of days holiday in Bath and I booked into a guest house with my girlfriend (now wife). The landlady would have given Roald Dahl nightmares. We ended up spending all our money and when we got back home had to reverse the charges on the phone to get picked up. We were only 17.

Ooh, how thick? Like a baby's arm holding an apple? Bigger? *makes note about 2016 holidays*

• Like 1

Ooh, how thick? Like a baby's arm holding an apple? Bigger? *makes note about 2016 holidays*

Not that type of thick, unfortunately.

• Like 1

Now it's funny, when I was looking at the county map last night, I did think Oxfordshire, but the map I was looking at looked like the tip of Oxfordshire just missed out on Swindon, which is why I didn't mention it, however today during the course of my work I was plotting some journeys in the most cost effective way of spending Wiltshire Council's money and the map I was using showed that Oxfordshire indeed has a massive border with Wiltshire, so now I don't know who to believe anymore.

Aha, I know what happened there. You were looking at the proper historic counties of England, as they were before they fiddled about with them in the 1970s.

Berkshire used to have a longer border with Wiltshire because the old county border was the Thames. But they hacked off a large bit of Berkshire, and gave it to Oxfordshire. At the same time they kindly donated Slough to Berkshire, so a bit of a crap deal for Berkshire all round.

• Like 1

When Toastie stated that she lived in an adjacent county to Lardy, I confess, I thought the unthinkable, we had Jeremy Clarkson amongst us!!

Clarkson lives(d) in Oxfordshire.

Now it's funny, when I was looking at the county map last night, I did think Oxfordshire, but the map I was looking at looked like the tip of Oxfordshire just missed out on Swindon, which is why I didn't mention it, however today during the course of my work I was plotting some journeys in the most cost effective way of spending Wiltshire Council's money and the map I was using showed that Oxfordshire indeed has a massive border with Wiltshire, so now I don't know who to believe anymore.

Aha, I know what happened there. You were looking at the proper historic counties of England, as they were before they fiddled about with them in the 1970s.

Berkshire used to have a longer border with Wiltshire because the old county border was the Thames. But they hacked off a large bit of Berkshire, and gave it to Oxfordshire. At the same time they kindly donated Slough to Berkshire, so a bit of a crap deal for Berkshire all round.

Ah, that makes perfect sense. What a pity they didn't donate Slough to Outer Mongolia.

• Like 2

Yeah, but so do thousands of other people. Anyway, I will disclose that I don't live in the Cotswolds.

Yeah, but so do thousands of other people. Anyway, I will disclose that I don't live in the Cotswolds.

Yeah, but so dont thousands of other people. :D

Clarkson does, though, or so it says on the internet :D

But lots of famous people live in these lovely counties. I was just chatting to one in the pub ;)

But lots of famous people live in these lovely counties. I was just chatting to one in the pub ;)

Well come on then, who?????? :)

Was it Alex James out of Blur? I'm just nearly finished reading his second book, and I must say, I thought he was quite a cool geezer until I discovered the names of his five kids - Sable, Beatrix, Artemis, Geronimo and Galileo. What the fuck is wrong with some people?

• Like 1

Was it Alex James out of Blur? I'm just nearly finished reading his second book, and I must say, I thought he was quite a cool geezer until I discovered the names of his five kids - Sable, Beatrix, Artemis, Geronimo and Galileo. What the fuck is wrong with some people?

Not even Peter Gabriel would name his kids that!

No, not a musician.

I quite like Beatrix. You could call her Beer for short.

• Like 1

Those names can all be shortened to slighty more normal names to be fair:

Sab

Bea

Arty

Gerry

Leo

Frogmella's a nice name. :D

• Like 1

I used to work in a pub that Peter Gabriel's accountant's husband used to drink in. That's my tenuous claim to fame.

I used to regularly get massively pissed in a pub that Peter Gabriel's accountant's husband used to drink in. That's my tenuous claim to fame.

EFA

I used to work in a pub that Peter Gabriel's accountant's husband used to drink in. That's my tenuous claim to fame.

I imagine being Peter Gabriel's accountant would require copious amounts of alcohol to numb the pain.

Gabriel had a gay accountant ?

Figures.

^^^accountancy joke....