weasel

Star Wars Deaths

Seems very stange that within 4 hours she was taken off a plane rushed to hospital outside emergency care.My Dad had a heart attack and was in intensive care for about 7 hours and he never had a cardiac arrest.I know treatment is quicker when you are famous but seems a almost unbelievable turn round.

It's possible that it was a misdiagnosis. Perhaps it was some other kind of cardiac episode or something related to angina? Also possible that the amount of time she wasn't breathing for has been exaggerated somewhat.

Maybe the lesson to be learnt is the media aren't always correct...

Seems very stange that within 4 hours she was taken off a plane rushed to hospital outside emergency care.My Dad had a heart attack and was in intensive care for about 7 hours and he never had a cardiac arrest.I know treatment is quicker when you are famous but seems a almost unbelievable turn round.

This years Etta James? Although it could've been exaggerated.

This years Etta James?

Hopefully NEXT year's Etta James. :P

It's possible that it was a misdiagnosis. Perhaps it was some other kind of cardiac episode or something related to angina? Also possible that the amount of time she wasn't breathing for has been exaggerated somewhat.

Could be a misdiagnosis.The arrest I dont think is exaggerated though.

I have an update on Carrie Fishers condition. She is now said to be in a stable condition so it looks like she might pull through

Not following you.

My mother has had three heart attacks and two bypass operations. Both times things moved amazingly quickly. To the hospital, cardiac enzymes and ECG run, whoops you're having a heart attack, is she stable enough for a catheterization, yes let's do one, nice blockages, off to surgery. Her last one happened 12 years ago and her bypass was completed about 18 hours after we got to the emergency room - and it was a quadruple so it took a little longer than the average.

Mom's not famous.

Hm, not ... yet... Also, f**k you 2016 again. Her mother...

Mother is unwell. What have you heard?

Ah, I think Carrie's death would kill her mother as well, within a couple of weeks. It would be terribly tragic.

• Like 1

Not following you.

My mother has had three heart attacks and two bypass operations. Both times things moved amazingly quickly. To the hospital, cardiac enzymes and ECG run, whoops you're having a heart attack, is she stable enough for a catheterization, yes let's do one, nice blockages, off to surgery. Her last one happened 12 years ago and her bypass was completed about 18 hours after we got to the emergency room - and it was a quadruple so it took a little longer than the average.

Mom's not famous.

Crikey my Dad had to wait for a week for an angiogram and another 10 for an angioplasty.Was over 3 weeks before he came home.Canda clearly has a better healthcare system.

I have an update on Carrie Fishers condition. She is now said to be in a stable condition so it looks like she might pull through

Yeah, next time you should look a few posts up.

Here is the Aussie news' take on it: http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-24/actress-carrie-fisher-suffers-cardiac-episode-on-flight/8146572

I haven't watched it but apparently they used CGI to stick Carrie's face on another actress' body in the recntly-released Rogue One. Maybe the shock of seeing that did her in!

Praying for another week in her at least. Please!!!

Carrie shared her thoughts on death in an interview only last month!

"Are you happier now than you've ever been?

Yep. Well, I'm not happy about being older, except what are the options? But I've learned a lot. I trust myself. I trust my instincts. I know what I'm gonna do, what I can do, what I can't do. I've been through a lot, and I could go through more, but I hope I don't have to. But if I did, I'd be able to do it. I'm not going to enjoy dying, but there's not much prep for that.

Do you fear death?

No. I fear dying. Anything with pain associated with it, I don't like. I've been there for a couple of people when they were dying; it didn't look like fun. But if I was gonna do it, I'd want someone like me around. And I will be there!"

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/features/carrie-fisher-on-lsd-death-and-sex-with-han-solo-w451925

Not following you.

Mom's not famous.

Crikey my Dad had to wait for a week for an angiogram and another 10 for an angioplasty.Was over 3 weeks before he came home.Canda clearly has a better healthcare system.

Canada? I live in Dallas.

• Like 1

This years Etta James? Although it could've been exaggerated.

More like this year's Pavel Srnicek

• Like 1

Yeah, that or Todd Fisher didn't really know what he was talking about. Being in an IC unit in an unstable (critical) condition means the doctors are still fighting for her life. And even if they could stabilize her, her brains (cognitive functions) are likely already beyond repair, so SW fans should not expect her to appear in the sequels, except maybe in a CGI form (or using already recorded footage).
  • Like 1

Just like her Drop Dead Fred co-star Rik Mayall, Carrie agrees to appear in a sitcom on Channel 4 and a year later suffers massive heart failure.

Even stranger is the fact Mark Hamill appeared on Man Down this year as a tribute to Rik.

On a positive note for Phoebe Cates it seems like the curse has only affected her career.

• Like 1

Calling dibs on "Carrie doesn't live here, anymore..." if she goes.

• Like 4

Her brother is the source who had –reportedly, according to AP– first claimed that her condition was stabilized, then denied ever saying she had been stable and now claiming her condition is unknown.

I guess, the guy is a bit stressed out and confused, and doesn't really understand much of the technical lingo used by the medical staff, hence talking utter nonsense and retracting it almost immediately (blaming the media).

I don't really think a reputable news agency like the Associated Press would misinterpret him, so from now on, I wouldn't really trust what he has to say about her condition. (It's most likely still critical.)

If the family knows she's gone they may just be waiting to have one last Christmas with her, that was the main reason for her flight.

Strange to think that right now her breathing probably sounds like Darth Vaders in the room.