post mortem

David Bowie

Kanye West apparently wants to do an album featuring him doing covers of Bowie's songs along with him sampling Bowie's singing and inserting some "original rapping" in between the songs

Kanye West apparently wants to do an album featuring him doing covers of Bowie's songs along with him sampling Bowie's singing and inserting some "original rapping" in between the songs

facepalm-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 6

Please spare a thought for the children

Kanye West is reportedly threatening to release a David Bowie covers album after discovering the late icon’s repertoire following his unexpected death last week.

This is only a rumour at present, with nothing confirmed by either the rapper or anyone connected with him, but that hasn’t stopped a petition emerging to stop him going all Ziggy Stardust on us.

Although the only danger we have here at the moment is giving Kanye West media attention.

I enjoyed this

And Bowie enjoyed this ...

: at 2.08 on this video he whispers 'my cock is still raw' in Tina Turner's ear, after spending the previous night with her.

• Like 1

And Bowie enjoyed this ...

: at 2.08 on this video he whispers 'my cock is still raw' in Tina Turner's ear, after spending the previous night with her.

I think I just threw up in to my mouth.

That reminds me. How is Tina Turner these days? She's 77 and I've not seen her in anything for ages...

I Don't Like Mondays:

David Bowie (1/11), 69, musician

Glenn Frey (1/18), 69, musician

So for this upcoming Monday (1/25) I'm trying to figure out who can round out the month. Gotta be a musician who is 69 years old and is big enough to make a huge social impact. Phil Lesh and Meatloaf Have medical reasons and even Cher to a lesser extent. But my mind is going farther back than that. Donovan would be a great pick. However I think we need a female in this group so I'm putting my money on Lesley Gore. Nice knowing ya, toots.

SirC

January 20 declared 'David Bowie Day' in New York City. Why that date vs the 11th is anyone's guess.

Cheaper?

Frey was 67 SC...

Lesley Gore is dead. In 2015. Don't bet any money, Sir C.

• Like 3

Lesley Gore is dead. In 2015. Don't bet any money, Sir C.

I thought so as I typed it but it's 4am here. Back to sleep I go.

Lol

Patti Smith then, the overrated twat

SC

That reminds me. How is Tina Turner these days? She's 77 and I've not seen her in anything for ages...

She retired a while back. Not sure what her health status is these days. I think the last anyone heard from her was when Ike died, although at the time there was just a "no comment".

It's been suggested that we'll know the full scale of material he recorded over the years when has died. It may take a while, but there could a lot more where this came from...

At least they include downloads in with the album sales. There was a short period of time where those sales weren't accounted for. So you could get to #1 and it would only take a few thousand to get to the top of the charts.

Bowie planned his posthumous album releases years in advance:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/david-bowie-album-expected-2017-7227996

This man, unbelievable...

He'd rival Frank Zappa and Tupac with posthumous releases.

Neil Young has - sort of - been pulling the same stunt whilst still breathing, selected archive releases of key gigs and other items previously market-tested by bootleggers; he even has a professional archivist on his staff basically creating Neil Young's history with Neil Young's overseeing of the whole thing.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/david-bowie-album-expected-2017-7227996

Neil Young has - sort of - been pulling the same stunt whilst still breathing, selected archive releases of key gigs and other items previously market-tested by bootleggers; he even has a professional archivist on his staff basically creating Neil Young's history with Neil Young's overseeing of the whole thing.

Neil Young has been a lot more productive than David Bowie was in the latter years. Following his heart attack about 10 years ago, Bowie took a backseat as it were, producing some stuff but then again we don't know what else he was up to other than that couple of albums he released during that time. Neil Young on the other hand has released 11 albums in as many years.

Neil Young has been a lot more productive than David Bowie was in the latter years. Following his heart attack about 10 years ago, Bowie took a backseat as it were, producing some stuff but then again we don't know what else he was up to other than that couple of albums he released during that time. Neil Young on the other hand has released 11 albums in as many years.

Fan theory alert: My own theory was that Bowie deliberately chose to wait 10 years between albums Reality and The Next Day because he wanted to do a "disappearing act", like his great idol Scott Walker of The Walker Brothers. Walker literally vanished from public view between 1985 and 1995, so I believed that Bowie timed his break precisely in that fashion (Reality released in 2003, The Next Day released in 2013). And I also believe that in these 10 years of semi-retirement he probably continued to record a lot. So there may be 4-5 albums plus the earlier stuff. The Next Day still sounded very much like Heathen or Reality.

However, now I also believe that the cancer rumours in 2010 were true. And "The Next Day" might have been recorded as a sign of relief after Bowie beat it. "Here I am, not quite dying..."

• Like 1

Bowie takes the piss - http://pitchfork.com/news/63059-hear-david-bowie-impersonate-bruce-springsteen-neil-young-iggy-pop-lou-reed-tom-waits-in-newly-unearthed-recording/

Back in 1985, when Bowie was recording the theme to Julian Temple's British rock musical Absolute Beginners at London's Westside Studios, he took a break, fired up a backing track, and reeled off an impressive string of musical impersonations. Among them are Bruce Springsteen, Neil Young, Iggy Pop, Lou Reed, Tom Waits, and Anthony Newley.

• Like 1