harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

George Michael, Innit Peeps

They're dying the same age as Sir Creep now! :-(

It really WAS his Last Christmas. Wake him up before you go go -- yeah that ain't happening.

Horseshit he died peacefully. He was 53. It's an OD, a depression Christmas necktie party, or complications of lupus he kept from the public or summat. Don't lie to me.

All that said, a fan since first Wham! release.... RIP. Thanks for the songs, George.

Funny thing is I was just saying any other year some folks who would be top 3 memorable deaths like say Nancy Reagan are total nobodies this year. George Michael is huge--but don't break the top 5. 2016 can't depart fast enough.

SirC

I have heard it was his heart.Maybe it was AIDS though.

Well the biggest 3 deaths I would say are Muhammad Ali Fidel Castro David Bowie.George Michael is definitely in the top 10 deaths though.

They're dying the same age as Sir Creep now! :-(

It really WAS his Last Christmas. Wake him up before you go go -- yeah that ain't happening.

Horseshit he died peacefully. He was 53. It's an OD, a depression Christmas necktie party, or complications of lupus he kept from the public or summat. Don't lie to me.

All that said, a fan since first Wham! release.... RIP. Thanks for the songs, George.

Funny thing is I was just saying any other year some folks who would be top 3 memorable deaths like say Nancy Reagan are total nobodies this year. George Michael is huge--but don't break the top 5. 2016 can't depart fast enough.

SirC

I have heard it was his heart.Maybe it was AIDS though.

Well the biggest 3 deaths I would say are Muhammad Ali Fidel Castro David Bowie.George Michael is definitely in the top 10 deaths though.

what if Carrie goes? I am guessing that, globally, more people would have seen an SW film or at least know who Leia is, then would have heard Bowie.

Deleted

We found our conservative of the year...

Deleted

We found our conservative of the year...
I think we have a new troll

Latest i've heard that it was heart failure. Most likely died in his sleep.

Latest i've heard that it was heart failure

Ultimately everyone dies of heart failure. Why his heart failed is the question.

Truly shocked by this, and definitely the biggest musical death of the year, for my generation.

His performance with Queen at the Freddy Mercury concert, in particular Somebody to Love, is the greatest individual pop performance I have ever seen. It's damn difficult to improve on Freddie Mercury but he did it. You could see Brian May just grinning away thinking, this guy is just so good. His cover versions were almost always better than the originals, and considering he covered people like Stevie Wonder that's saying something. Favourite songs of his, well there are so many, but:

- Jesus to a Child

- As

- One more try

- Father Figure

- Praying for Time

what a crazy year, and yet Sting still lives. Unbelievable.

• Like 2

Some of the articles state that he was prescibed AMITRIPTYLINE which treats various mental illnesses. Unfortunately its main serious side-effect is congestive heart failure. Death by doctor comes to mind in this case. R.I.P.

I'm going for an OD , probably accidental and linked to prescription medication.

I'm going for an OD , probably accidental and linked to prescription medication.

don't do it, you have so much to live for

• Like 4

2016 has been a year to remember. I guess 2017's biggest death will be Leah Bracknell, as the Reaper will be resting for at least six/seven months.

2016 has been a year to remember. I guess 2017's biggest death will be Leah Bracknell, as the Reaper will be resting for at least six/seven months.

Well, the Reaper usually doesn't rest.

This year has affected the entertainment sector (esp. musicians & actors) badly, I guess we could have something else for next year. Big political deaths (think Carter or Bush Sr.), royals (not just Phil and Lizzy, we also have guys like Michael of Romania), scientists or writers...

On this thread you should know that this does not apply 'coz God stopped keeping score.'

Things I've learned from his death: "I Knew You Were Waiting For Me" was written by the one who isn't dead from Climie Fisher.

It may be worse with more deaths. Liz 2, Philip, Jimmy Carter, Bush, maybe some Clintons, Yoko, Aretha Franklin, my bet that he's next - Stevie Wonder, maybe some younger pop star, major film actors like Kirk, Sean Connery, maybe even Madonna, Boy George, Cher, remaining Beatles....the list goes on

It may be worse with more deaths. Liz 2, Philip, Jimmy Carter, Bush, maybe some Clintons, Yoko, Aretha Franklin, my bet that he's next - Stevie Wonder, maybe some younger pop star, major film actors like Kirk, Sean Connery, maybe even Madonna, Boy George, Cher, remaining Beatles....the list goes on

Few of those would upset me much.

• Like 1

I bet it's a heart attack. He looked very chubby (bloated) in his last paparazzi photo. It wasn't so unexpected, he did the same mistakes Whitney did. At least I expected it. I just couldn't see him past 60 but it is a huge shock. RIP to the 80's. 2016 is the proof that evil is real.

I wouldn't describe a heart attack as peaceful....
Sudden cardiac arrest, heart stops functioning, soon loses consciousness and a little later comes the Reaper.

Of course, you could picture something more peaceful, like a 115 y.o. grandma dying of old age (what a lie, old age is not a proper cause of death), but still more peaceful than a mobster gunned down by rival gangs, or an incurable cancer slowly but steadily eating up someone's body.

Btw. Wikipedia lists 'AIDS related complications' as the cause of death. Likely just a hoax (since the BBC doesn't have it), but I couldn't rule it out yet.

I had deaths in family of a heart attack. Each one was different. The classic with pain and then when the heart just stops, as said by Gabe, people just faint and that's it. Or they die in sleep as there's no one around to give CPR. The most peaceful way to go. It's not a surprise in the way he lived. It's just weird that Iggy Pop is still alive despite similarities in lifestyle.

OK, Donald Trump for you then.

Ultimately everyone dies of heart failure. Why his heart failed is the question.

I know. Whenever my wife asks why someone died and the cause hasn't been determined. I usually reply with "stopped breathing"

OK, Donald Trump for you then.

think_smiley_53.gif

• Like 1

:D toastie that stump'd for Trump :lol:
  • Like 1

Possibly because the pneumonia weakened his heart muscles leaving him more susceptible to a heart just giving up.

It would also mean that illnesses such as the common cold COULD prove more dangerous to a permanently weakened heart/immune system.

Maybe.

• Like 1

'Or' he'd pummeled that many Class A's & doobs, his heart was fucked.

Waaay swear filter still fucking off :)