harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

George Michael, Innit Peeps

Does anyone get the feeling it was either suicide or an overdose?

it was peaceful so no. Likely a heart attack.
Exactly the opposite. A peaceful heart attack? The very notion is daft.

SC

2016 officially sucks.

David Bowie

Glen Frey

Prince

Keith Emerson

Maurice White

Greg Lake

Paul Kantner

Natalie Cole

George Michael

Leonard Cohen

2016 has been a year to remember. I guess 2017's biggest death will be Leah Bracknell, as the Reaper will be resting for at least six/seven months.

That qualifies as a big death? Raise the bar a bit. I promise something far bigger (say Bush Sr and Carter dying in the same week or summat) will tickle your fancy.

SC

2016 has been a year to remember. I guess 2017's biggest death will be Leah Bracknell, as the Reaper will be resting for at least six/seven months.

It may be worse with more deaths. Liz 2, Philip, Jimmy Carter, Bush, maybe some Clintons, Yoko, Aretha Franklin, my bet that he's next - Stevie Wonder, maybe some younger pop star, major film actors like Kirk, Sean Connery, maybe even Madonna, Boy George, Cher, remaining Beatles....the list goes on

NONE of those would upset me much.

FTFY

Hollywood Reporter tweeting manager stating it was heart failure. https://twitter.com/THR/status/813182310652805120

For the record EVERYONE dies of heart failure.

SC

Edit; sorry I've been saying that for decades. I see it was posted a couple times and I didn't mean to pile on.

My brother-in-law's comment: He rather died than having to listen to Last Christmas once more.

2016 officially sucks.

David Bowie

Glen Frey

Prince

Keith Emerson

Maurice White

Greg Lake

Paul Kantner

Natalie Cole

George Michael

Leonard Cohen

Blowfly

:-/

I'll be honest I totally forgot Natalie Cole died this year - which explains the magnitude of those we lost in a nutshell.

In fairness, she died on December 31st last year.

Merle Haggard was a fairly big though, and mostly forgotten in the carnage that was 2016.

Should we include George Martin in that mix as well?

And who can forget... Joey Feek.

• Like 5

It may be worse with more deaths. Liz 2, Philip, Jimmy Carter, Bush, maybe some Clintons, Yoko, Aretha Franklin, my bet that he's next - Stevie Wonder, maybe some younger pop star, major film actors like Kirk, Sean Connery, maybe even Madonna, Boy George, Cher, remaining Beatles....the list goes on

Pop culture and the TV age started in the 60's, so I say this is the new normal from hereon in due to the large gross of 'celebs' who exist now who've been piling up since then. 2016 will be seen as the watershed year, I suspect. And I imagine a lot of the coke-snorting, crack-smoking, bareback-shagging types from the 70's and 80's are very much on borrowed time unless they have the constituon of an ox.

Liz Smith was in the Royale Family?? That's the next one.

2016 officially sucks.

David Bowie

Glen Frey

Prince

Keith Emerson

Maurice White

Greg Lake

Paul Kantner

Natalie Cole

George Michael

Leonard Cohen

Blowfly

I'll be honest I totally forgot Natalie Cole died this year - which explains the magnitude of those we lost in a nutshell.

You can add Pete Burns and Rick Parfitt to the list. Scotty Moore and Joe Clay too. Many others I could add to that list, but that's 4 off the top of my head.

2016 officially sucks.

David Bowie

Glen Frey

Prince

Keith Emerson

Maurice White

Greg Lake

Paul Kantner

Natalie Cole

George Michael

Leonard Cohen

Blowfly

You can add Pete Burns and Rick Parfitt to the list. Scotty Moore and Joe Clay too. Many others I could add to that list, but that's 4 off the top of my head.

And Prince Buster.

And Bernie Worrell.

• Like 1

Jimmy Bain too. Not in the same league of big names, I admit, but he did play bass on Holy Diver.

• Like 1

Breathless Dan Coffey

2016 officially sucks.

David Bowie

Glen Frey

Prince

Keith Emerson

Maurice White

Greg Lake

Paul Kantner

Natalie Cole

George Michael

Leonard Cohen

Blowfly

And Prince Buster.

And Bernie Worrell.

Aye, I'll be posting a link hereabouts when we do our List of the Lost radio show, chronicling the music of the dead 'uns this year. We've rolled the odd one - Inspiral Carpets - over to another show. For me one of the saddest was cult country legend Guy Clark.

• Like 1

2016 officially sucks.

David Bowie

Glen Frey

Prince

Keith Emerson

Maurice White

Greg Lake

Paul Kantner

Natalie Cole

George Michael

Leonard Cohen

Blowfly

And Prince Buster.

And Bernie Worrell.

Aye, I'll be posting a link hereabouts when we do our List of the Lost radio show, chronicling the music of the dead 'uns this year. We've rolled the odd one - Inspiral Carpets - over to another show. For me one of the saddest was cult country legend Guy Clark.

A mate of mine here in Minneapolis does a similar show. Usually it's a 2 part show, this year I think he's had to do it each week for December so far.

He died in a cottage. :o

cottage.jpg

• Like 1

Waaay swear filter still fucking off :)

I can always switch it back on.

George Michael's boyfriend is claiming it was due to a heroin overdose.

So the boyfriend first says: "I want people to remember him the way he was - he was a beautiful person" and then claims George Michael was a heroin addict. A bit shitty of him, even if true.

EDIT: actually, according to the Telegraph, the heroin claims come from "a source" and not necessarily the boyfriend.

I still suspect the death will turn out to be pharmaceutically connected in some way, probably accidental OD of painkillers (opiate based or otherwise) or something similar.