JR976evil

Journalists

Jerzy Urban (wiki), Polish journalist, commentator and writer, dead at 89.

Urban was the mouthpiece for the communist regime in Poland from 1981 to 1989. Also a Holocaust survivor.

Later became the publisher of a satirical newspaper. He was sentenced by a court for offending Pope John Paul II, and became known in the internet age as Dr. Earman because... well...

40zLtGY7_400x400.jpg.147dfed1443a7d1b289ed5fd2cad37d5.jpg

• Like 7

Russian journalist, and I use this term very loosely, Oleg Klokov killed why fleeing Cherson. 

He and some fellow propagandists tried to cross the Dnjepr river in a stolen van filled with loot when they were attacked by Ukdranian forces on the Antonovsky bridge.

• Like 1

Pioneering restaurant critic Gael Greene, died at 89 years: 

https://eu.detroitnews.com/story/entertainment/dining/2022/11/01/new-york-magazine-restaurant-critic-detroit-born-gael-greene-has-died/69609740007/

She became famous as a restaurant critic for New York magazine in 1968, when few chefs were famous and America's food obsession had yet to blossom.

• Like 3

On 09/11/2022 at 20:25, Ulitzer95 said:

Fred Hickman (wiki) reportedly dead at 66.

Except he was a presenter not a journalist.

Popular face over the years at CNN.

49 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Except he was a presenter not a journalist.

Popular face over the years at CNN.

2134816679_Screenshot2022-11-12at14_45_38.thumb.png.96b17122082ba901e769940ec6b63a4e.png

731233685_Screenshot2022-11-12at14_48_10.thumb.png.941a7c11a1348d5da36a5ca00db019a1.png

It must be hard to be wrong 100% of the time.

• Like 3

On 05/10/2020 at 11:38, Ulitzer95 said:

Interestingly Sir Peregrine's older brother is still alive, and notable in his own right. In fact, he'll obit for sure:

Author Sir Simon Towneley (wiki) will turn 99 in December.

Sir Simon Towneley death notice: http://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/deaths/260720/towneley aged 100.

• Like 3

American sports journalist Grant Wahl dead at 48. Was in Qatar covering the World Cup.

Likely to be a huge story given his prominence and his recent detainment for wearing a rainbow shirt

• Like 2
  • Shocked 5
  • Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, tracy said:

American sports journalist Grant Wahl dead at 48. Was in Qatar covering the World Cup.

Likely to be a huge story given his prominence and his recent detainment for wearing a rainbow shirt

Seems to have died while covering the Argentina/Netherlands match but looks like his brother is convinced he was murdered.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cl977mRJ-R8/?igshid=MDM4ZDc5MmU=

20 minutes ago, tracy said:

That's pretty sussy considering the circumstances. I wonder if Qatar will cover it up and pretend it's a "suicide".

I remember seing him interact with someone on Twitter a few days ago about that photo of him with the rainbow shirt… that’s really suspect and sad..

10 hours ago, When The said:

That's pretty sussy considering the circumstances. I wonder if Qatar will cover it up and pretend it's a "suicide".

6 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

I remember seing him interact with someone on Twitter a few days ago about that photo of him with the rainbow shirt… that’s really suspect and sad..

It could be suspect but I'm afraid being unwell, stressed out and in a tense situation (Qatar, and also that Quarterfinal was quite dramatic) are the perfect storm for an unexpected heart attack too. 

another journalist dead while in the World Cup. Khalid al-Misslam has died yesterday, he was a qatar journalist and photographer. No detail on his age or the reason of his death has been given for now. 

Victor Lewis Smith has died!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11529197/Writer-broadcaster-Victor-Lewis-Smith-dies-aged-65.html#comments-11529197

I always used to read his columns in the standard while commuting in the 90s. Excellent writer. I think they were TV reviews he wrote, always very funny.

5 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

Victor Lewis Smith has died!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11529197/Writer-broadcaster-Victor-Lewis-Smith-dies-aged-65.html#comments-11529197

I always used to read his columns in the standard while commuting in the 90s. Excellent writer. I think they were TV reviews he wrote, always very funny.

Very sad. TV these days is more insipid and dull than ever, only without his withering criticisms 

• Like 2

On 10/12/2022 at 02:17, tracy said:

As revealed in this message from Grant Wahl's wife, Celine, his cause of death was an undetected aortic aneurysm, as determined by the autopsy performed by the the New York City Medical Examiner's Office.

• Like 1