Magere Hein

Death In The Family

Awful news especially with someone so young, shame he couldn't get the help he so desperately needed, have suffered from depression myself in the past but thankfully it has never been so bad that i have wanted to or tried to take my own life. Sorry for your loss.

• Like 1

Sad for you, Shaun. What a rough year you're having. Always remember: This too shall pass.

Wow Shaun :-(

Peace to all left behind and sorry he couldn't sort things out, depression is a tough go.

SC

Crap, Shaun, bad news indeed. Don´t fall in the trap of feeling guilt.

Sorry to hear that Shaun. Not good.

Strangely , I had been thinking on all my friends that had did similar over the years, at the start of the week, and all the different methods.

Shotgun, hosepipe in car, lots of hanging, jumping off the bridge at Waverley station, pills etc

If they want to, they will do it.

Fucking grim.

Had some horrible news late last night .A friend of mine from school took his own life aged just 20.We were never terribly close but hanged out in the same crowd for years so it feels terribly close to home.Especially due to his age and the fact no one from the group knew he was suffering.He also used to sit with me and laugh in class we were well acquainted and got on well even though we wheren`t close friends.Just a horrible shock I guess especially when it is a nice guy no one had a bad word to say about:(

Sorry to hear about this.

Very sorry to hear. The late teens/early twenties are a dangerous age in that context.

It's sad you have to go through this. A friend of mine attempted suicide last year and has basically quit school. I am seriously worried about her, she doesn't answer her phone much anymore but I know for a fact she is still with us. I hate how frequently suicide happens.

I hate how frequently suicide happens.

Only happens once if done correctly.

• Like 3

I hate how frequently suicide happens.

Only happens once if done correctly.

Nasty but funny. :lol:

Shaun, sending you coping vibes on the loss of your classmate. I'm on the parent side of things but I do understand and for our family the intervention of a caring stranger gave us a different outcome.

Not something that falls within the family category, but a good friend of mine has been diagnosed with kidney failure and cancer that has spread to his stomach and lungs.

Sorry to hear that Phantom, sounds like a tough loss for you in the near future. Thoughts are with you. Peace. YW.

Sorry to hear that Phantom, sounds like a tough loss for you in the near future. Thoughts are with you. Peace. YW.

Wilz,

Thank you. It's hit his family hard. He initially went in for treatment for the pain he was in. It ended up being much worse than anyone thought

Not something that falls within the family category, but a good friend of mine has been diagnosed with kidney failure and cancer that has spread to his stomach and lungs.

Such bad news. Sorry to hear it, Phantom.

The trouble with doing these DPs is we become accustomed to diagnosis, treatment, outcomes. I hear that news and in my head the expected timeframes kick in, I wish I was a normal oblivious person sometimes who could retain blind hope.

Let's hope your friend gets some better news, even if temporary, in the weeks to come. So long as we have Wilco and Valerie around, there's a paradigm of possibility.

SC

Sorry Phantom. It's been a crap year for unexpected deaths and terminal diagnoses here too, so I sympathise.

I have unfortunate news about my great grandad. A month ago he was diagnosed with terminal cancer and now he is dying from cancer. His doctor says that he can only surrive another 3 days.

I have unfortunate news about my great grandad. A month ago he was diagnosed with terminal cancer and now he is dying from cancer. His doctor says that he can only surrive another 3 days.

Sorry to hear that. It's never easy and hits harder at this time of the year, especially when you see people enjoying themselves while you're struggling to contain your grief and you don't want to be the pin to their balloon.

It's difficult because you would feel guilty if you enjoyed yourself while your grandad is in pain, but at the same he would most likely want you to enjoy yourself and help make his last days more comfortable.

Maybe he can fight it to last until Christmas, just to see you and the rest of your family open their presents and then pass away peacefully with a smile on his face.

Sorry to hear that. It's never easy and hits harder at this time of the year, especially when you see people enjoying themselves while you're struggling to contain your grief and you don't want to be the pin to their balloon.

It's difficult because you would feel guilty if you enjoyed yourself while your grandad is in pain, but at the same he would most likely want you to enjoy yourself and help make his last days more comfortable.

Maybe he can fight it to last until Christmas, just to see you and the rest of your family open their presents and then pass away peacefully with a smile on his face.

thanks,its a shame he has to go but at least he lived a long life.

Many folk like myself were never lucky enough to know a great grandparent. Count your time with him here as a blessing MBK and thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

Sad news, I hope for all of you that he doesn't suffer in pain too long.

Many folk like myself were never lucky enough to know a great grandparent. Count your time with him here as a blessing MBK and thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

MK surely ?

A great grandad is something I find it hard to get my head around, indeed so is a grandparent full stop.

My sister is 5 years older than me and my mum was carrying her when the last of them died. I 'assume' her name was 'Mary' as that's my sisters middle name.

I couldn't tell you the other 3 grandparents names or even what decade they died in.

Great grandparents might've been dead before 1900 for all I know, WW 1 or the Spanish flu thing in '19 was it??

Anyroads, chin up MK, even though it is something I cannot begin to fathom.

MK surely ?

A great grandad is something I find it hard to get my head around, indeed so is a grandparent full stop.

My sister is 5 years older than me and my mum was carrying her when the last of them died. I 'assume' her name was 'Mary' as that's my sisters middle name.

I couldn't tell you the other 3 grandparents names or even what decade they died in.

Great grandparents might've been dead before 1900 for all I know, WW 1 or the Spanish flu thing in '19 was it??

Anyroads, chin up MK, even though it is something I cannot begin to fathom.

Yes, great-grandparents are outside my experience too. But one of my pairs of grandparents were old enough to be my great-grandparents, and that grandfather I never knew. Much to my regret, as from all I have gathered, we would have had a lot in common.

So yes, while you will be sad, MK, you have had the pleasure of knowing him. I hope his end is peaceful and free of pain.