Magere Hein

Death In The Family

Not a death in my family, but my eldest daughter is currently abroad on holiday with her best friend (who is in fact an evil drug dealing bitch that has extorted thousands of pounds out of my very naive and gullible daughter) and her best friend's mum. So as you can imagine I've been a very worried and neurotic mother, as my daughter has some health issues of her own and I was worried about her being so far away.

Turns out it wasn't her I should have worried about - the best friend's mum took ill this week, my daughter went in her bedroom yesterday to check on her after a sleep and found her dead. So now my daughter's friend (who cannot see past the next line of speed and double portion of big mac and fries) and my daughter (who with the best will in the world, has a minor learning difficulty and is not the sharpest tool in the box) are now having to deal with the British consulate, insurance companies etc etc, and I am sat here going out of my mind with worry. They seem to have it in hand, the insurance company and holiday reps are helping, and they are flying home over the weekend. I'd laugh if it wasn't so fucking tragic all round.

Group hug for Lardy.

• Like 3

Not a death in my family, but my eldest daughter is currently abroad on holiday with her best friend (who is in fact an evil drug dealing bitch that has extorted thousands of pounds out of my very naive and gullible daughter) and her best friend's mum. So as you can imagine I've been a very worried and neurotic mother, as my daughter has some health issues of her own and I was worried about her being so far away.

Turns out it wasn't her I should have worried about - the best friend's mum took ill this week, my daughter went in her bedroom yesterday to check on her after a sleep and found her dead. So now my daughter's friend (who cannot see past the next line of speed and double portion of big mac and fries) and my daughter (who with the best will in the world, has a minor learning difficulty and is not the sharpest tool in the box) are now having to deal with the British consulate, insurance companies etc etc, and I am sat here going out of my mind with worry. They seem to have it in hand, the insurance company and holiday reps are helping, and they are flying home over the weekend. I'd laugh if it wasn't so fucking tragic all round.

Shit that is an awful worry for you Lardy.Fingers crossed everything runs as smoothly as possible until she is home.

Thanks. I'm sure the officials have it all in hand, I just never in a million years considered this sort of thing would happen. I'm sure it happens all the time. I think I'm just feeling sorry for myself as there's nothing I can do, and the old man is away this weekend so I'm sat here on my own worrying. And the fucking cat is still threatening to cark it any minute. WOE IS ME, WHERE'S THE BEN & JERRY'S!!!!

How dreadful, those poor poor girls. Sit tight, Lardy, she'll be home soon.

Thanks. I'm sure the officials have it all in hand, I just never in a million years considered this sort of thing would happen. I'm sure it happens all the time. I think I'm just feeling sorry for myself as there's nothing I can do, and the old man is away this weekend so I'm sat here on my own worrying. And the fucking cat is still threatening to cark it any minute. WOE IS ME, WHERE'S THE BEN & JERRY'S!!!!

I can understand your worry. I am struggling with my daughter being away at Uni and she is relatively sensible, only 30 minutes away and keeps in contact but she is very, very niaive. I can't imagine what I would be like if she were in that situation.

Good luck and hope all turns out well. (apart from the obvious thing that won't).

• Like 1

Thanks. I have to assume she is all right, as she has made the decision that we are no longer her family and that the dope dealing scumbags she associates with are all the 'family' she needs, and has not spoken to me since she arrived home last Saturday. Kids, eh?

Thanks. I have to assume she is all right, as she has made the decision that we are no longer her family and that the dope dealing scumbags she associates with are all the 'family' she needs, and has not spoken to me since she arrived home last Saturday. Kids, eh?

She still knows where her home is. ;)

Sorry, I should have been more clear. She arrived back in England last Saturday. She no longer lives at my home. She has slept on an air bed in a one bedroom flat with three other dickheads for the last six months, paying more in rent than she did when she lived here, because clearly that is a better option than living with me.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. She arrived back in England last Saturday. She no longer lives at my home. She has slept on an air bed in a one bedroom flat with three other dickheads for the last six months, paying more in rent than she did when she lived here, because clearly that is a better option than living with me.
At some point I'm sure she will realise her mistakes and return. I'm sure she wants an element of independence she knows she can't obtain at home right now. Huge shame. Till then, make the most the space she has left in your life and use it wisely, and just look forward to her coming back to you.

In fact I'm sure there is an old biblical story in there... Look forward to that day, and plan to hold a party for her on her return.

• Like 1

In fact I'm sure there is an old biblical story in there... Look forward to that day, and plan to hold a party for her on her return.

Fatten a calf, perhaps?

• Like 1

At some point I'm sure she will realise her mistakes and return. I'm sure she wants an element of independence she knows she can't obtain at home right now. Huge shame. Till then, make the most the space she has left in your life and use it wisely, and just look forward to her coming back to you.

I can only hope. The people she lives with take drugs and take money from her, to the tune of well over 5K in the last couple of years. I'd like to think she's not taking drugs but I don't know. She has turned from a caring, hard working girl into a liar that doesn't give two shits about her family. I've tried everything to get her to see sense, and so have other members of the family and close friends. She refuses to listen to anybody. I'm having to let go, but it's very hard.

I can only hope. The people she lives with take drugs and take money from her, to the tune of well over 5K in the last couple of years. I'd like to think she's not taking drugs but I don't know. She has turned from a caring, hard working girl into a liar that doesn't give two shits about her family. I've tried everything to get her to see sense, and so have other members of the family and close friends. She refuses to listen to anybody. I'm having to let go, but it's very hard.

Don't let go.

Have a discreet word with the great unwashed she lives with.

You gently explain that they are to advise your daughter that, due to unforeseen circumstances, they can no longer have her living there.

If they do that you, in return, will not cave their fucking heads in with a iron bar.

Worth a punt.

• Like 2

Like your style LFN.

Apart from the having a discrete word part....

• Like 1

Like your style LFN.

Apart from the having a discrete word part....

The discrete part is to ensure that Lardys daughter has no idea of the conversation.

Ordinarily, you would just beat them to a fucking pulp.

• Like 1

I know.

But my way is still better....

• Like 1

Not famous and won't get an obit, but my Brother died today and I wanted to mark it somewhere and I thought of here.

Not famous and won't get an obit, but my Brother died today and I wanted to mark it somewhere and I thought of here.

Very sad to hear that rockhopperpenguin .You and your family are in my thoughts!

• Like 1

I'm sorry to hear RHPenguin, my condolences to you and yours on your loss. Thoughts are with you, peace YW.

Sorry to hear that.

Sorry to hear that.

Sorry to hear that too.

My condolences.

I'm sorry to hear that. My condolences.

BTW: for such personal loss we have a topic over in extra-curricular.

Thank you for all your kind words. If someone can move the thread that would be good.

Edited by Magere Hein
9 posts moved from topic "The Dead Of 2015"