Magere Hein

Death In The Family

On 21/01/2024 at 05:22, drol said:

My great aunt died yesterday aged 102, few months after breaking her femur in a fall. She was a very nice person, and had a long life, even with the tragic event of losing a daughter.

I'm saddened by this news, I'm sorry @drol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 21/01/2024 at 09:22, drol said:

My great aunt died yesterday aged 102, few months after breaking her femur in a fall. She was a very nice person, and had a long life, even with the tragic event of losing a daughter.

So sorry for your loss Drol… I remember when my great grandmother died, one month shy of her 102bday, people tend to say old age makes mourning less difficult but I tend to think it's still quite difficult to process… Hope everything will be fine with you !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My grandma's husband or grandpa as we grandchildren all knew him (since grandma divorced my biological grandfather when their 3 children were little), died yesterday at the age of 82 of complications from Parkinson's disease and respiratory issues. Though seriously stricken by Parkinson's, on oxygen and unable to speak without getting out of breath every few sentences, his ever lively spirit never left him and stayed till the end.

• Sad 12

Condolences to you and yours.

Sorry for your  loss.

2 hours ago, The Immortal said:

My grandma's husband or grandpa as we grandchildren all knew him (since grandma divorced my biological grandfather when their 3 children were little), died yesterday at the age of 82 of complications from Parkinson's disease and respiratory issues. Though seriously stricken by Parkinson's, on oxygen and unable to speak without getting out of breath every few sentences, his ever lively spirit never left him and stayed till the end.

My condolences, I hope you and your family find comfort at this difficult time.

Please accept my sincerest condolences @The Immortal

On 21/01/2024 at 08:22, drol said:

Sorry to hear this. 

• Thanks 1

I have the sadness to announce that this morning, my great-uncle has passed away at 81. He was diminished for some times.

It’s a huge loss for my grandpa. Sadly, he is now the last one in his family. My grandpa who is 84, had 2 brothers and he was older than them. The other one, the youngest died in 2020, aged 72. 

Moreover, my grandpa is widowed since the death of my grandma in 2019, aged 79. Fortunately, he still has his sons including my dad and his grandchildren including me for supporting him. Since 2019, my grandpa really passed through tough times. 

• Sad 15

9 minutes ago, La Tombe said:

I have the sadness to announce that this morning, my great-uncle has passed away at 81. He was diminished for some times.

It’s a huge loss for my grandpa. Sadly, he is now the last one in his family. My grandpa who is 84, had 2 brothers and he was older than them. The other one, the youngest died in 2020, aged 72. 

My condolences, may his memory not be forgotten.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, La Tombe said:

Moreover, my grandpa is widowed since the death of my grandma in 2019, aged 79. Fortunately, he still has his sons including my dad and his grandchildren including me for supporting him. Since 2019, my grandpa really passed through tough times. 

Sad to read this, my condolences and may everyone have the strength to get through this difficult time in the best way possible.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, diego said:

Sad to read this, my condolences and may everyone have the strength to get through this difficult time in the best way possible.

I am so sorry La Tombe for your families loss. Today would have been my mother-in-law's 75th Birthday.  We lost her suddenly in 2015

• Like 2

Sorry to hear this - special condolences to your grandpère.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, La Tombe said:

My condolences. Wishing strength and comfort for you and your grandfather.

• Like 1

Sorry for your loss La Tombe. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, La Tombe said:

Please accept my sincerest condolences @La Tombe

• Like 1

Thank you all for your kind messages of condolences.

• Like 1

Of those who have their grandparents alive or dead, do you still have some great-uncle or great-aunt alive as me ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, La Tombe said:

Of those who have their grandparents alive or dead, do you still have some great-uncle or great-aunt alive as me ?

Father Side

My dead grandpa has no one

My grandma (84) has two brothers (78) and (86) and a sister (96) living in Greece

Mother Side

My dead grandma has a sister (80)

They also had more sisters and brothers from both sides, but they all passed away.

12 minutes ago, La Tombe said:

I am the youngest but one in my generation on either side and there is only one member of the earlier generation left. My Uncle, my mum's older brother who is now 96

20 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

Father Side

My grandma (84) has two brothers (78) and (86) and a sister (96) living in Greece

Mother Side

My dead grandma has a sister (80)

They also had more sisters and brothers from both sides, but they all passed away.

Thanks for sharing. Inside my family

- My paternal grandpa (84), all brothers dead (the last one died yesterday), (two sisters-in-law alive but their are not the mothers of my dad’s cousins, both are by remarriage because the first spouses of my late great-uncles are dead)

- My paternal grandma is dead, one sister alive (96) (one sister dead, all brothers-in-law dead)

- My maternal grandpa is dead, one sister alive (94), one sister-in-law alive (89) (all others brothers and sisters, brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law dead)

- My maternal grandma (83), her only brother dead and her sister-in-law dead

• Like 1

I have two grandparents left and seven great-uncles & great-aunts ranging from 72 to 93 years old. I'm only in regular contact with one though, my (dead) grandad's brother. He's a proper old school East-Ender (not the soap) and was a friendly acquaintance of the Krays.