RadGuy

20th Century Americans Sitcoms

3 minutes ago, Captain Hemlock said:

Richard Moll, who played Bull the bailiff on Night Court is dead at age 80.

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/richard-moll-dead-night-court-1235771133/

Richard Moll was offered a role on the 2023 series reboot with John Larroquette, but turned it down. Larroquette would appear to be the last standing original cast member amongst those who stayed with the show beyond the first season.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Captain Hemlock said:

Richard Moll, who played Bull the bailiff on Night Court is dead at age 80.

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/richard-moll-dead-night-court-1235771133/

does that make john larroquette the only living night court member? would be more interesting if he was since he’s still on the reboot they’re doing 

9 minutes ago, jimbean1121 said:

does that make john larroquette the only living night court member? would be more interesting if he was since he’s still on the reboot they’re doing 

I think the only original cast member, but Marsh Warfield is still alive, she played Roz, but she joined in a later season.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Richard Moll was offered a role on the 2023 series reboot with John Larroquette, but turned it down. Larroquette would appear to be the last standing original cast member amongst those who stayed with the show beyond the first season.

Wondered if he turned it down due to his health, or was it because he didn't want to be involved either way?

15 minutes ago, Comped said:

Wondered if he turned it down due to his health, or was it because he didn't want to be involved either way?

We’ll have to wait and see what the cause of death is, but the former wouldn’t surprise me  because I was looking at his credits and the last one was in 2018, so he was still steadily working up until a few years ago. So it surprises me that even if he didn’t want a main role in the reboot (which I believe John has) he wouldn’t come on for a cameo. 

4 hours ago, Lewd_Squirrel said:

I think the only original cast member, but Marsh Warfield is still alive, she played Roz, but she joined in a later season.

Karen Austin (who played the court clerk) was in the first 10 episodes of Season 1, but wound up leaving for health reasons, is still alive. She was listed in the opening credits for all of that season.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jimbean1121 said:

12 hours ago, Lewd_Squirrel said:

Ellen Foley, who played the PD in season 2 is still alive (and still performing, as of June this year).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, time said:

Ellen Foley, who played the PD in season 2 is still alive (and still performing, as of June this year).

This Ellen Foley?

Just now, Toast said:

This Ellen Foley?

That's the one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, time said:

Arguably more well-known for her work with Meat Loaf than her time on Night Court.

Found unresponsive in his jacuzzi.

Well I guess that’s a future Friends reunion dead in the water…

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Found unresponsive in his jacuzzi.

Well I guess that’s a future Friends reunion dead in the water…

Tribute reunions are quite common…

• Facepalm 1

Is not a DDP hit this year but has been picked several times before so will be LOTM.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

I'm waiting for someone other than TMZ to report it, they've not exactly got the best reputation.

I trust TMZ when it's an A-lister and they have multiple sources and details of what happened.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

I'm waiting for someone other than TMZ to report it, they've not exactly got the best reputation.

People has it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

I trust TMZ when it's an A-lister and they have multiple sources and details of what happened.

I just don't trust them after the whole Jerry Lee Lewis debacle they instigated and then everywhere else used their article as a source.

Perry's death is one of the most shocking this year. I know he had problems with alcohol in the past, and had aged a bit in recent years, but it's still shocking nonetheless. R.I.P.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

I'm waiting for someone other than TMZ to report it, they've not exactly got the best reputation, especially in recent years.

L.A. Times has it. TMZ not cited.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1