RadGuy

20th Century Americans Sitcoms

16 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Tribute reunions are quite common…

Don’t think you got the joke.

• Like 1

Oh my… that’s shocking. Ofc he’d be the 1st one to die but at that age ? Sad.. I grew up watching Friends 

• Sad 1

Sad news about Matthew Perry a talented actor but not totally unexpected he lived a troubled life, he was never going to make old bones that’s for sure and he has looked ill for some time due to his past Drugs and Alcohol intake.A massive death as Friends really was a phenomenon and Matthew Perry as Chandler played a massive part in that success. I hope he can find peace in the next world as he so often struggled to find it in this world. RIP. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Drowned in hot tub, no drugs or foul play suspected apparently.

This death is like Robin Williams-level of shocking.

• Like 1

from what i heard he had some type of heart attack and drowned in a jacuzzi. rip.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, jimbean1121 said:

from what i heard he had some type of heart attack and drowned in a jacuzzi. rip.

Drugs cause heart issues, which can eventually lead to heart attacks. They don't recommend you use a hot tub or jacuzzi if you have a heart condition - for a damn good reason too.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Comped said:

Drugs cause heart issues, which can eventually lead to heart attacks. They don't recommend you use a hot tub or jacuzzi if you have a heart condition - for a damn good reason too.

i would never be in a jacuzzi or hot tub (i can’t swim)

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, jimbean1121 said:

The TMZ article said he was playing pickleball for 2 hours shortly before he died. So physical activity related?

2 minutes ago, mollyafox said:

The TMZ article said he was playing pickleball for 2 hours shortly before he died. So physical activity related?

he was 54 with past drug abuse problems so the heart attack thing sounds more and more likely now 

19 minutes ago, mollyafox said:

Pickleball is hardly physical exercise. Tennis for old people.

So now Matthew Perry- does it seem to any of you that the last few weeks a rather unusual number of TV actors and popular musicians have died?? It just seems like a lot all of a sudden to me!

If there's anything I have learned, it's that celebrities and bathtubs don't mix well, particularly with drugs or alcohol (though it's claimed Matthew Perry wasn't under the influence of either at the time of his death despite having an addiction history). Elvis, Jim Morrison, Whitney Houston, Aaron Carter, Dolores O'Riordan, that one Bollywood Actress, Bobbi Kristina Brown and now Matthew Perry.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheSpinosaurus said:

If there's anything I have learned, it's that celebrities and bathtubs don't mix well, particularly with drugs or alcohol (though it's claimed Matthew Perry wasn't under the influence of either at the time of his death despite having an addiction history). Elvis, Jim Morrison, Whitney Houston, Aaron Carter, Dolores O'Riordan, that one Bollywood Actress, Bobbi Kristina Brown and now Matthew Perry.

Judy Garland and Lenny Bruce, too

• Like 1

Quite shocked actually. Makes me think of my own mortality.  I'm only 1 month older than he was.....( minus drug and alcohol problems....)

• Like 1

It’s funny because the last time I was this shocked by the sudden death of a 90’s TV star was probably *Luke* Perry. 

• Like 1

RIP Matthew :(

So Matthew Perry and Luke Perry died at almost the same age, 54 for Matthew, 53 for Luke.

And Matthew starred in one episode of Beverly Hills before Friends.

• Like 1

I've never watched a single episode of Friends.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, Sinbabad said:

So Matthew Perry and Luke Perry died at almost the same age, 54 for Matthew, 53 for Luke.

And Matthew starred in one episode of Beverly Hills before Friends.

Luke was 52.

• Like 1