RadGuy

20th Century Americans Sitcoms

Can't stand friends. God awful show. Still a shame to see a relatively young man die in such awful circumstances 

• Like 6

The One With The Empty Seat At Thanksgiving...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leon Brittan said:

Still a shame to see a relatively young man die in such awful circumstances 

I'd rather keel over in a hot tub than have my throat slashed on an ice rink.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Not stated here, but a week before his death Matthew Perry had been posting on Instagram Batman related stuff, including one of him in his pool/hot tub.

1, 2, 3

image.png.d7a206dccb0b427ee1485b39b1b25271.png

image.png.7d9145571f9c088d94c4784def79c678.png

According to fans. End chapter of his biography says that he would reference batman when he was on drugs or needed help.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Easily the best actor of the Friends sextuplets. I remember between a season of Friends ending to the next one starting he went from being relatively overweight, I'd say about 15 stone down to about 10 stone in a matter of months (That's a 70lbs loss for any US readers, 30kg for our Euro friends). Obviously a cocaine and no food crash diet, it's the most drastic weight loss I've ever seen on any actor in such a short space of time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leon Brittan said:

Can't stand friends. God awful show. Still a shame to see a relatively young man die in such awful circumstances 

Quite.

IMG_3595.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Quite.

IMG_3595.jpeg

I believe I feel the same way about The Office (or any Gervais written/starring television/film) and The In-Betweeners/Friday Night Dinner.

All subjective.

• Like 7

I exactly feel the same way about The Office. Everyone around me seems to like it, yet I don't get a single laugh from watching it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I believe I feel the same way about The Office (or any Gervais written/starring television/film) and The In-Betweeners/Friday Night Dinner.

All subjective.

Nah. Friends is gash.

It’s not the worst though. My ex used to make me watch Outnumbered. That’s fucking unbearable.

• Facepalm 1

Two Broke Girls is pure cancer.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I believe I feel the same way about The Office (or any Gervais written/starring television/film)

Afterlife was okay (not brilliant, just okay), but yeah everything else with Gervais is utter jizz.

• Like 1

The worst one is How I Met Your Mother for me, the show spoils itself through the narration and all of the characters are awful people. I find it hard to get through a single episode.

• Like 1

Not really the place for it, but another one I couldn't get was The Royle Family.

Not one titter from me. There wasn't a laugh in it in my opinion.

• Like 3

And let's not forget animated shite too; South Park is the worst televised thing I have ever seen, with Family Guy placing second. Both are painfully, desperately unfunny.

• Like 6

Never got Friends or How I Met your Mother but love Family Guy , South Park and the Royle Family.The Office I only like in small doses.

29 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Nah. Friends is gash.

It’s not the worst though. My ex used to make me watch Outnumbered. That’s fucking unbearable.

I think that might count as abuse in today's circumstances.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

The worst one is How I Met Your Mother for me, the show spoils itself through the narration and all of the characters are awful people. I find it hard to get through a single episode.

I never watched the show but knew about it through social media. All I know is that fans were VERY pissed off with what happened to Neil Patrick Harris' character in the final. Writers basically ruined his whole storyline and personality etc.

6 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

I never watched the show but knew about it through social media. All I know is that fans were VERY pissed off with what happened to Neil Patrick Harris' character in the final. 

Writers basically ruined his whole storyline and personality etc.

Yeah, the finale is notorious for how it undoes the entire previous 9 seasons. Neil's character pretty much has all his character development undone and goes back to being a manipulative creep who prays on women like he was in the first 7 seasons, and he's the fan favourite character.

Let's all be honest the GOAT of American comedy is Frasier 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Hated The Office. 

I liked bits of Friday Night Dinner because it had a sweary dad that things go wrong for, and I like being represented. :D

41 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Nah. Friends is gash.

Friends was funny at the time but it's aged badly. Either that or I'm an adult nowadays.

Perry's stuff has dated the least, though I still love a good OTT Joey reaction.

Outnumbered I love. It is life with kids. 

39 minutes ago, drol said:

Two Broke Girls is pure cancer.

Actually never heard of this one?

37 minutes ago, TQR said:

Afterlife was okay (not brilliant, just okay), but yeah everything else with Gervais is utter jizz.

Hated it but I'm allergic to Gervais.

34 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

I really liked this one. Lots of fun mixed in with actual pathos. The one with Robin's kids, Christ. The finale was a mess but something I've learnt is that most TV finales are a mess. I still like Frasier and Drop the Dead Donkey.

31 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Not really the place for it, but another one I couldn't get was The Royle Family.

Not one titter from me. There wasn't a laugh in it in my opinion.

Not a fan either.

24 minutes ago, TQR said:

And let's not forget animated shite too; South Park is the worst televised thing I have ever seen, with Family Guy placing second. Both are painfully, desperately unfunny.

God I hate both of these.

12 minutes ago, Sean said:

Never got Friends or How I Met your Mother but love Family Guy , South Park and the Royle Family.The Office I only like in small doses.

I am Reverse Sean.

While we're here, Little Britain, Mrs Brown, Miranda, as funny as a dose of Ebola IMO.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Leon Brittan said:

Let's all be honest the GOAT of American comedy is Frasier 

Frasier was good. I haven’t yet seen the recent reboot, but word is that it’s toss. Anyone seen it yet?

• Like 1