RadGuy

20th Century Americans Sitcoms

1 hour ago, lilham said:

Friends was one of my favorites. I read Matthew's book though, and there was just no way he was making it another 5 years. Addicted to drugs since he was a baby; he really could never get stonecold sober. Glad he was out there playing pickleball though, that was something that cheered up his life.
I do feel like with his death and Suzanne Somers -- sitcom stars I watched -- we're going to get a rash of others I'm fans of. Christina Applegate, maybe.

Since he was a baby??

(sorry, was feeling left out)

1 hour ago, lilham said:

Friends was one of my favorites. I read Matthew's book though, and there was just no way he was making it another 5 years. Addicted to drugs since he was a baby; he really could never get stonecold sober. Glad he was out there playing pickleball though, that was something that cheered up his life.
I do feel like with his death and Suzanne Somers -- sitcom stars I watched -- we're going to get a rash of others I'm fans of. Christina Applegate, maybe.

Since he was a tiny infant?

Sad news...I never watched FRIENDS but the name of these sitcom and the faces of the main 6 actors continue to live on since the 90's and resonate on everyone even if you are not fond of such sitcoms. May Matthew rests in peace !

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Since he was a baby??

(sorry, was feeling left out)

1 hour ago, TQR said:

Since he was a tiny infant?

1 hour ago, jimbean1121 said:

since he was a baby?????

2 hours ago, Sean said:

Since he was a baby?

yeah, his parents/doctors gave him benzos for his colic around 2 months old to get him to shut the fuck up. they immediately went thru a divorce too when he was a baby.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 1

6 hours ago, MortalCaso said:

I just finished The Big Theory! @Bibliogryphon

Any thoughts?

First couple of series are great. It gets a bit sloppy in the middle but ends on a high

• Like 2

I think I got Friends in the early series as the characters were only a few years old than myself. It started to lose its way in series 4 and I never really picked it up again, as Friday night was always pub night in the 90s.

Miranda I can watch and laugh at. But The Office and Gav and Stacey always left me stone cold. As for Mrs Brown- he clearly knows where the bodies are buried at BBC,  how on earth that gets recommissioned ill never know. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lilham said:

yeah, his parents/doctors gave him benzos for his colic around 2 months old to get him to shut the fuck up. they immediately went thru a divorce too when he was a baby.

bro.

I've never seen an episode of friends. My favourite American sitcom of that time was Starbucks (I mean Seinfield), but for me the comedy highlight of the 90s was Alan Partridge, so nothing else comes close.

I feel the assumptions being made about Matthew Perry are getting dangerous to people with addiction and mental health.An emphasis is being placed upon him being finally free and at peace is being made and whilst well intentioned seems misplaced especially as we don't know why he died yet .He may have had a heart attack or stroke or embolism  but everyone seemingly is buying into the idea he couldn't conquer his demons and that's why he died which may not be the case.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sean said:

I feel the assumptions being made about Matthew Perry are getting dangerous to people with addiction and mental health.An emphasis is being placed upon him being finally free and at peace is being made and whilst well intentioned seems misplaced especially as we don't know why he died yet .He may have had a heart attack or stroke or embolism  but everyone seemingly is buying into the idea he couldn't conquer his demons and that's why he died which may not be the case.

Apologies in advance.

f9onrwoayaaz01k.jpg
f9pb7jaxwaa_bzx.jpg.85e5fd888f99e702271ea05c7e0fabc4.jpg
f9onrwmbkaakhtb.jpg.8555bccf03d6eccaafcf0e36e6ee4c1c.jpgf9ofwh0bqaavdqh.jpg.a224a52553d1ade4ee3dc1be2c4bf1f6.jpgf9onrwnakaauyzz.jpg.6f7b9dd70d4c9648b1f8b3e5dd279a08.jpg

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Apologies in advance.

f9onrwoayaaz01k.jpg
f9pb7jaxwaa_bzx.jpg.85e5fd888f99e702271ea05c7e0fabc4.jpg
f9onrwmbkaakhtb.jpg.8555bccf03d6eccaafcf0e36e6ee4c1c.jpgf9ofwh0bqaavdqh.jpg.a224a52553d1ade4ee3dc1be2c4bf1f6.jpgf9onrwnakaauyzz.jpg.6f7b9dd70d4c9648b1f8b3e5dd279a08.jpg

Oh I don't mind sick jokes at all.You should know that about me by now !

• Like 1

Marion Ross looks great for 95. Here she is with her Happy Days co-star Anson "Potsie" Williams

409514233_10230015384105150_807622936365

• Like 6

Kate Micucci from Big Bang Theory diagnosed with lung cancer.

• Like 2

Can we either change the thread title to "20th & 21st Century American Sitcoms" (or more pithily "American Sitcoms"), or can people stop posting about 21st Century Sitcoms (for example The Big Bang Theory - debut 2007 & Brooklyn 99 - debut 2013)?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, drol said:

Kate Micucci from Big Bang Theory diagnosed with lung cancer.

Seems pretty serious,her folk comedy duo with fellow actress Riki Lindhome known as  "Garfunkel and Oates" have no 2023 live performances scheduled

g0.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CaptainChorizo said:

Seems pretty serious,her folk comedy duo with fellow actress Riki Lindhome known as  "Garfunkel and Oates" have no 2023 live performances scheduled

In fairness, I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a live date for Garfunkel and Oates since 2019.

EDIT: Unless this was a Lee Evans Gambit, in which case, yep, she's definitely dying. Get her on your lists now guys.

• Like 1

Checked to see if there was a chance that this would make her the first winner of Mr Skin's Nude Scene of the Year to die, but I misremembered - her and Malin Akerman's congress in Easy only came second in 2016, behind an orgy scene from Westworld. However, none of the named winners of the 15 awards have since passed on, which is nice.

Peter Crombie, who played "Crazy" Joe Davola on Seinfeld, dead at 71.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

George Wendt looking a little unsteady on his feet at the end..

• Like 2