Sir Creep

The dead of 2016

My research will not be as good as last year, but I think it will be possible to compensate that by picking the right people on the Drop 40. This spitfire pilot would neither have been a unique hit nor a Drop 40-member. So it's needless to worry.

Google is your friend. It is for us and the American folk.

No not really, it's not going to give the least bit of an idea the obitability of anyone or anything about vague people. Hell you got threads for tv shows I've never heard of, and then mock me for posting about Sanford & Son which was as big a comedy tv show as anything over here. Google can't translate ''popularity". We are in the same boat. I wouldn't think you could obtain any grasp of American pop culture from merely googling, and neither can I about European pop culture.

SC

It can't translate popularity, but it can tell you if people (and their health) have been mentioned by the accepted qualifying obits of the DDP... You don't even need to know the persons name before hand.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-38037075

Another one of my 2017 DDP picks kicks the bucket, that's 4 so far.

Aye, amazed she got mentioned on BBC Radio Four this morning!

I consider myself pretty well versed on music yet I only ever heard of her on this site.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-38037075

Another one of my 2017 DDP picks kicks the bucket, that's 4 so far.

Aye, amazed she got mentioned on BBC Radio Four this morning!

I consider myself pretty well versed on music yet I only ever heard of her on this site.

You and me both. I - kind of - knew who she was but she was way down the list as far as the UK was concerned. Surprised it made the short bulletin on Radio Four.

What chance Last Word on Friday?

Quite high...

Radio 5 covered her a lot , I must've heard 3 or 4 interviews with her in the last couple of years, all featuring her 'battle'. God knows how many more I missed.

The first time I heard of her was in connection with Amy Winehouse working with Sharon's band, The Dap Kings.

Channel Fives version of The Stig (on Fifth Gear), Steve Truglia killed abseiling from a helicopter.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/movies/uk-stuntman-steve-truglia-falls-90m-from-a-helicopter/news-story/51d66274183cb94c13eb0d2075fd10d0#itm=newscomau|entertainment|right-now-in-|2|JamesBond stuntman falls from helicopter to his death|story|Star of The Shining’s tragic interview&itmt=1479629666055

Florence Henderson dead.

And Lord Taylor dies on his mobility scooter.

It's all gone a bit Florence And The Machine today...

• Like 10

Suicide according to the Mail.

Hmmm, Yewtree-ish type things, perhaps?

Had Sky News on for half an hour before work. Fidel's passing was trumpeted on their glorious yellow conveyor banner however was not mentioned once by the presenters. Instead they discussed Black Friday and Dodgy football bosses. Understandably the news is in its early days but BBC have failed to mention anything other than Castro.

And ugly musician/composer Pauline Oliveros' death is completely overshadowed....

http://www.factmag.com/2016/11/25/pauline-oliveros-dies-deep-listening-composer/

She was 84.

Had Sky News on for half an hour before work. Fidel's passing was trumpeted on their glorious yellow conveyor banner however was not mentioned once by the presenters. Instead they discussed Black Friday and Dodgy football bosses. Understandably the news is in its early days but BBC have failed to mention anything other than Castro.

Good to see you back, dean.

Good to see you back, dean.

Thanks, Drol,

I missed death.

• Like 1

https://twitter.com/StarTrek/status/802676093484339200

Star Trek actor Ron Glass dies aged 71.

Ignorant

why are you berating everyone who posts Ron Glass's death?

If they say something this goddamn ignorant then yes.

He's probably the second biggest death of the year right behind that whopper Castro as well.

SC