Sir Creep

The dead of 2016

Right, I'm taking the mutt for a walk. If BBC News doesn't have an obit to him on when I get back we can presume he's alive. Although this does make me wonder who else could have died and not got the expected coverage - one things for sure the Obit show this years gonna be a mammoth one.

• Like 1

Beaten to it. A sad loss to us all. His comedies are timeless, despite being set in a particular time period.

I've a couple of pools to post to collect my points.

Maybe we should set up our own but channel. We'RE better than the beeb

News coming in on Social media that Jimmy Perry co-creator of Hi De Hi, Allo Allo and Dad's Army has died aged 93. more to follow when confirmation comes through.

British Music Hall Society have announced, as with a lot of people lately the BBC are slow to pick it up.

https://www.facebook.com/282967823195/photos/a.10151103726648196.450760.282967823195/10154098594513196/?type=3&theater

I would call the BBC cautious rather than slow. They wait for reliable confirmation of a death.

News coming in on Social media that Jimmy Perry co-creator of Hi De Hi, Allo Allo and Dad's Army has died aged 93. more to follow when confirmation comes through.

British Music Hall Society have announced, as with a lot of people lately the BBC are slow to pick it up.

https://www.facebook.com/282967823195/photos/a.10151103726648196.450760.282967823195/10154098594513196/?type=3&theater

I would call the BBC cautious rather than slow. They wait for reliable confirmation of a death.

They double check their sources - it's why moments like the Henry McCullough premature death announcement are anomalies.

Also, the Beeb were still the first major news source to cover it (after lots of source checking), swiftly followed by the Daily Mail (a whole 2 minutes later...).

If it ain't half hot mum, he must've went doonstairs then.

Oh well, at least I had him on my DDP, forgot to put him on my other lists though.
Always enjoyed Dad's Army and It Ain't Half Hot Mum.

• Like 2

Who's left from Dads Army ?

I've got, Ian Lavender and Frank Williams. Anybody else ?

Who's left from Dads Army ?

I've got, Ian Lavender and Frank Williams. Anybody else ?

Caroline Dowdeswell, who played bank employee Janet King in the first series, is apparently still with us.

As is Michael Knowles, who had several parts in the series, and who also co-wrote the radio sequel It Sticks Out Half A Mile,

Liz Fraser (not the Cocteau Twin) played Mrs Pike in the (1971) movie version, she's still with us. Janet Davies, who played the character in the TV version, died in the mid 80s.

More sad news on the Dad's Army front. The cast of the most recent movie all appear to be alive.

• Like 7

More sad news on the Dad's Army front. The cast of the most recent movie all appear to be alive.

Stupid boy.

• Like 2

Liz Fraser (not the Cocteau Twin) played Mrs Pike in the (1971) movie version, she's still with us. Janet Davies, who played the character in the TV version, died in the mid 80s.

Trivia point on Janet Davies, she was married to Ian Gardiner who played Reginald Molehusband in the 1960s Public Information Film about bad parking. Well done Reginald, the safest parker in town!

• Like 1

Stage director Howard Davies, aged 71.

Stage director Howard Davies, aged 71.

Ah, there were rumours of ill health about him. He might have been a part of my B-Team for next year.

Mentioned by MPFC here https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/8444-ideas-and-possibilities-for-2016/?p=232638 crazy author and religious (?) prophesier Benjamin Creme has reportedly died aged 93. http://spasique.com/author-benjamin-creme-has-passed-away/

Cheers for the update - met the man a few times

So he's gone before his messiah revealed himself to be recognised by the world.