RadGuy

Ideas And Possibilities For 2017

So i was looking around for exhibitions to visit and stumbled on an exhibition of 103 year old Hungarian photographer Ata Kandó who now has an ouvre exhibition in the Fotomuseum in Rotterdam. Maybe a nice DDP-pick for some people, i dont know how obitable she is but apparently she is living in a care home so she is surdenly frail enough.

https://www.nederlandsfotomuseum.nl/en/exhibition/ata-kando-eng/

https://www.gofundme.com/2r2kwanw: Leah Bracknell has started a clinical trial for her cancer.She seems very optimistic.

£12 over the funding goal of £50 already

I may not be as up on cancer as the rest of you but when it comes spotting homes for ducks the Hallwang clinic is full of quacks. It might be that she hangs on for a couple of years but the £50k is going to go down the drain faster than piss at the Oktoberfest. She'd be better investing the money for her family.

Belief in homeopathic cures is for a deadpooler like giving Dracula the keys to the blood bank.

• Like 3

Belief in homeopathic cures is for a deadpooler like giving Dracula the keys to the blood bank.

Sad, but true.

https://www.gofundme.com/2r2kwanw: Leah Bracknell has started a clinical trial for her cancer.She seems very optimistic.

£12 over the funding goal of £50 already

I may not be as up on cancer as the rest of you but when it comes spotting homes for ducks the Hallwang clinic is full of quacks. It might be that she hangs on for a couple of years but the £50k is going to go down the drain faster than piss at the Oktoberfest. She'd be better investing the money for her family.
She is apparently already spending the money on this trial and the hallwang clinic is 50k per treatment.Is it me or do terminal cancer patients have bursts of optimism at some point down the road.I mean I hope the treatment works for her but cant help but think she rates her chances way too highly.She has a love of all things spiritual which seems to be playing into her research and her faith in it.The Hallwang clinic sounds suspect to me.Also she looks jaundiced.I know she is half Asian but compare her recent pictures to those a few years back.

It's all a load of quackery bullshit. When your number's up your number's up. She'd be better employed enjoying her remaining life with her family than chasing after false hopes of a miraculous recovery.

Yes, I f ucking hate Emmerdale Farm too.

• Like 1

How about NOT a possibility 2017? Dunno where else to put it.

One time DP favourite Ryan Buell's mother tweets (and later deletes) that her son never had pancreatic cancer.

SC

http://crimefeed.com/2016/09/25338/

Long time Armando Ianucci collaborator (Thick of It, Veep) and writer Ian Martin, 63, tells us about his terminal cancer, presumed lung cancer. Had been given a life expectancy of "December 2006" to "2016 at the very latest". Still alive, thanks to a variety of drugs keeping him alive, but they wont work forever, so one to keep an eye on.

• Like 2

Long time Armando Ianucci collaborator (Thick of It, Veep) and writer Ian Martin, 63, tells us about his terminal cancer, presumed lung cancer. Had been given a life expectancy of "December 2006" to "2016 at the very latest". Still alive, thanks to a variety of drugs keeping him alive, but they wont work forever, so one to keep an eye on.

I enjoyed that article on many different levels - thanks for posting.

He doesn't actually state what is wrong with him but cryptozoologist Loren Coleman has a go fund me account for medical bills.

https://www.gofundme.com/lorens-medical-fund

Looking around, he had a Vesicointestinal fistula and e-coli, and has had to have part of his colon removed.

• Like 1

What about Diamanda Galas? Musicians seem to be dropping like flies, especially ones, close to her age, so how about her?

It might be a very good idea to have John Glenn on next year's list, if he survives that long! He is 95 years old and has been in the hospital for a week:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/12/07/former-astronaut-us-sen-john-glenn-hospitalized-in-ohio.html

A must have if he is still going.I wonder why he is in a cancer hospital if he hasn`t been diagnosed with cancer.Cancer tests maybe?

Here is my list of still active (or unknown to be ill) celebs that are perhaps old enough to be considered for the Deathlist:

-Betty White

-Carl Reiner

-Norman Lear

-Nicholas Parsons

-Roger Moore

-Christopher Plummer

-June Whitfield

-June Brown

-Honor Blackman

-Charles Aznavour

-David Attenborough

-Roger Moore

-Freddie Jones

-Cloris Leachman

-Barbara Walters

-Lionel Blair

-Des O`Connor

-Buzz Aldrin

-Clint Eastwood

-Mel Brooks

-Robert Wagner

-Dick Van Dyke

-Angela Lansbury

-Ed Asner

-Adam West

-Sheila Hancock

-Angie Dickinson

-Martin Landau

-Burt Bacharach

-Queen Elizabeth II

-Tony Bennett

-Barbara Eden

-George P Schultz

-Carol Channing

-June Squibb

-William Roache

-Stephen Sondheim

-H Ross Perot

-Marion Ross

-Eva Marie Saint

-Robert Duvall

-Hal Holbrook

• Like 2

I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned "Bullseye" presenter Jim Bowen as he's had several strokes.

If they don't it'll be a case of 'look what you could have won'.

• Like 5

Here is my list of still active (or unknown to be ill) celebs that are perhaps old enough to be considered for the Deathlist:

-Betty White

-Carl Reiner

-Norman Lear

-Nicholas Parsons

-Roger Moore

-Christopher Plummer

-June Whitfield

-June Brown

-Honor Blackman

-Charles Aznavour

-David Attenborough

-Roger Moore

-Freddie Jones

-Cloris Leachman

-Barbara Walters

-Lionel Blair

-Des O`Connor

-Buzz Aldrin

-Clint Eastwood

-Mel Brooks

-Robert Wagner

-Dick Van Dyke

-Angela Lansbury

-Ed Asner

-Adam West

-Sheila Hancock

-Angie Dickinson

-Martin Landau

-Burt Bacharach

-Queen Elizabeth II

-Tony Bennett

-Barbara Eden

-George P Schultz

-Carol Channing

-June Squibb

-William Roache

-Stephen Sondheim

-H Ross Perot

-Marion Ross

-Eva Marie Saint

-Robert Duvall

-Hal Holbrook

Suspect Clint is going nowhere anytime soon. He is still active, making movies, his latest Sully opened last week.

Leah Bracknell, AA Gill and Jimmy Snuka are all virtual dead certs. Also worthy of serious consideration -

Mary Wilson

Clarissa Eden

Clifton James

LQ Jones

Peregrine Worsthorne

IM Pei

Gudrun Ure

Stanley Baxter

Leonard Fenton

Hans Blix

Imelda Marcos

• Like 1

Cabaret singer Gayiel Von is currently in a hospice with final-stage liver cancer, sang back-up for Barbra Streisand among other things but I'd be stunned if she made the start line for 2017.

He doesn't actually state what is wrong with him but cryptozoologist Loren Coleman has a go fund me account for medical bills.

https://www.gofundme.com/lorens-medical-fund

Looking around, he had a Vesicointestinal fistula and e-coli, and has had to have part of his colon removed.

Oh, man...no-o-o-o!!!

An utter legend and a guy I saw speak at a few paranormal shindigs back in the day. Against all my dead pooling instincts hereabouts I feel a donation coming on.

• Like 1

Having one of my periodical looks at the fan-mail community for info on celebs who aren't replying to people anymore. It's been an infrequent sources of tips since I noticed Laurence Payne was no longer able to receive mail shortly before his death. Apparently Gene Wilder is believed to be unwell, but that might be those cancer rumours. Otherwise, Jeanne Mockford "is now very ill and is unable to sign autographs no longer."

So, to recap, Laurence Payne lasted about 4 months back in 2009. Gene Wilder lasted a few weeks (though the post was a few months old when I saw it), and while John Glenn lasted a year or two, even he fell victim to the "no longer able to respond to fan mail" warning signal.

This suggests those struggling for a few names on their DDPs could do worse than look towards Jeanne Mockford - a guaranteed obit due to her work on Up Pompeii, plus being in episodes of Little Britain. 91 next year.