Paul Bearer

Ideas and possibilities for 2025

On 11/02/2024 at 22:01, Kenny said:

From November 2022 - "I’m fighting a nasty cancer. My oncologist is pleased with the treatment’s effects so far. It’s tiresome, and tiring. But the fight is on. And thankfully the cursed intruder is not affecting the voice. I sing and play most evenings."

Get well soon!

This is from December 2023.

3 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Moira Stuart has a ‘funny turn’ at Angela Rippon’s birthday party. 

Something that Miranda Hart couldn't be accused of.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Neol Edmunds said:

Something that Miranda Hart couldn't be accused of.

I do not get  the Mirana Hart hate. She is very very funny in a particular way. She was very good as Miss Bates in the recent film version of Emma

Sir Chris Hoy diagnosed with cancer, one to watch, hope he will be ok, legend and patriot

2 hours ago, BonScott said:

Sir Chris Hoy diagnosed with cancer, one to watch, hope he will be ok, legend and patriot

I also hope he'll be okay, even if he is a massive cock.

• Facepalm 1

9 hours ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Met him twice at events where he was racing and he was very friendly and polite towards me, shame to hear he is a cock 

Been watching Sir Chris Hoy on Richard Osman’s House of Games lately. Frankly surprised by how brilliantly smart he is.

14 hours ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Massive cocks seem to be a theme here lately.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Been watching Sue Chris Hoy on Richard Osman’s House of Games lately. Frankly surprised by how brilliantly smart he is.

tbh anytime a guest that isn't a stand-up comedian or a news anchor can spell their name properly on House of Games it's a minor miracle.

12 minutes ago, Toast said:

Massive cocks seem to be a theme here lately.

They are....

22 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Been watching Sir Chris Hoy on Richard Osman’s House of Games lately. Frankly surprised by how brilliantly smart he is.

He studied at St Andrews and Edinburgh universities so clearly no slouch.

13 minutes ago, Neol Edmunds said:

Thaksin Sinawatra one for 2025 perhaps, or is it prison avoidance "ill health"?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-68329953

The second one 100%. He is back to take power again and in this phase he just wants to avoid prosecution.

• Like 1

I'm watching a documentary on the BBC about the miner's strike, and it reminded me of Arthur Scargill's existence. He'll be 87 next year and has been awfully quiet for close to 2 years now, he feels like a very deathlisty pick.

• Like 3

On 18/02/2024 at 23:02, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

I'm watching a documentary on the BBC about the miner's strike, and it reminded me of Arthur Scargill's existence. He'll be 87 next year and has been awfully quiet for close to 2 years now, he feels like a very deathlisty pick.

He pops up now and again in my group of British dads in Austria's "Fantasy Funeral League", and hasn't shown any intention of troubling the scorers, so usually gets jettisoned - we are very strict on rollovers.

I think Peter Marshall might be a great choice for 2025. 96, and had a near-fatal bout with COVID-19 in 2021 by nearly going into hospice care until a miraculous recovery happened with a different doctor and 24-hour care. His 68-year-old son also caught Covid later in the year, and unfortunately, wasn't so lucky. His COVID-19 battle also ended his decades-long entertainment career. I've not heard much of anything since he had his 95th birthday party a few years ago. He's likely a good DL pick for however much time he has left.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jd24fan said:

I think Peter Marshall might be a great choice for 2025. 96, and had a near-fatal bout with COVID-19 in 2021 by nearly going into hospice care until a miraculous recovery happened with a different doctor and 24-hour care. His 68-year-old son also caught Covid later in the year, and unfortunately, wasn't so lucky. His COVID-19 battle also ended his decades-long entertainment career. I've not heard much of anything since he had his 95th birthday party a few years ago. He's likely a good DL pick for however much time he has left.

Peter Marshall is 97. 98 next month in fact.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jd24fan said:

I think Peter Marshall might be a great choice for 2025. Had a near-fatal bout with COVID-19 in 2021 [at age 95] by nearly going into hospice care until a miraculous recovery happened with a different doctor and 24-hour care. His 68-year-old son also caught Covid later in the year, and unfortunately, wasn't so lucky. His COVID-19 battle also ended his decades-long entertainment career. I've not heard much of anything since he had his 95th birthday party a few years ago. He's likely a good DL pick for however much time he has left.

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Peter Marshall is 97. 98 next month in fact.

I had no idea Peter Marshall was still alive. A 2025 must.

2 hours ago, polar duck said:

I had no idea Peter Marshall was still alive. A 2025 must.

I have had him on my shadow list last year and this year.   He was a great game show host.. I enjoyed watching him in a lot of games he did.

• Like 1

Ralph LaCock, you say? No wonder he changed it.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, time said:

Ralph LaCock, you say? No wonder he changed it.

His son is  MLB player Pete LaCock.