Paul Bearer

Ideas and possibilities for 2025

Jim Irsay, billionaire businessman and owner of the Indianapolis Colts, receiving treatment for a ‘severe respiratory illness’. Expected to make a recovery, but the article details his alcohol and drug misuse, noting 15 rehab visits. 

• Like 2

June Lockhart, who played the role of Belinda Cratchit in the 1938 version of A Christmas Carol is still alive at 98

Also still alive from the same film is Terry Kilburn (Tiny Tim) who turns 98 in November. 

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, Phantom said:

June Lockhart, who played the role of Belinda Cratchit in the 1938 version of A Christmas Carol is still alive at 98

Also still alive from the same film is Terry Kilburn (Tiny Tim) who turns 98 in November. 

I've seen various people on social media say that Terry Kilburn is about the only living person who was genuinely famous before WW2 in the UK. 

9 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

I've seen various people on social media say that Terry Kilburn is about the only living person who was genuinely famous before WW2 in the UK. 

Hazel Ascot? Also very popular among nonces, poor lass.

• Like 1

Two famous naturalists: Tony Soper (95 today) & Desmond Morris (96 in 2 weeks). Also the 2 wives of Jon Pertwee: Jean Marsh (90 in July) & Ingeborg Rhoesa (90 next year).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deathrace said:

He's probably about the only one left alive from that era. 

Sven-Goran Eriksson has a year to live. Obvious pick if he makes it to 2025.

• Like 5

Ex- UK Trade Union Leader Lord (Bill) Morris. Became the first black leader of a major British Trade Union when he took over as head of the Transport and General Workers Union in the early 90's. Turned 85 in October and retired from the House of Lords 4 years ago.

Guaranteed QO's from all major UK media

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Phantom said:

He's probably about the only one left alive from that era. 

The Duke of Kent perhaps? He was a nephew to the King, the only one at the time, if I'm correct.

But given the very different attitudes to Royal publicity then and now, I'm not sure how many people would've been aware of him as a wee lad.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

The Duke of Kent perhaps? He was a nephew to the King, the only one at the time, if I'm correct.

But given the very different attitudes to Royal publicity then and now, I'm not sure how many people would've been aware of him as a wee lad.

The Lascelles brothers were older than the Duke of Kent but not in the public eye. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

I think his level of "fame" would have been eclipsed by the various other members of the royal family. I think the only time I would notice him would be when he would present the FA Cup to the winning captain. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

I'm sure they would, as he became Duke of Kent at the age of six after his father was killed in a plane crash

• Like 1

Image of a Country Music Hall of Fame "reunion" from late last year:

rockhof.thumb.png.7576d798cd958e424f2de82170aaaaec.png

Suprising how Kris Kristofferson looks great compared to some of them there.

• Like 4

Sylvia Young, founder of the theatre school of the same name, visited the Eastenders set this week but is now in a wheelchair. 85 this year. 

7 hours ago, Senis said:

Hu Jintao

Is he ill?

I'd have thought William Lai would be a more credible inclusion because of his Taiwanese nationalist views.

10 minutes ago, Autistic Merit said:

Is he ill?

I'd have thought William Lai would be a more credible inclusion because of his Taiwanese nationalist views.

Hu Jintao has Parkinson's and dementia, and suffered a stroke in 2017.

Considering the standards of Chinese politicians, I give him other 15 years.

• Like 2

GDqZ7bYbgAIr6xB.jpg?name=orig

Lance Henriksen (middle) looks worthy of longlisting.

• Like 1

Cricket journalist/broadcaster Henry Blofeld. Turns 85 this year. Will obit in most of if not all UK Media

(His father was allegedly the inspiration for the Blofeld name in the James Bond novels as his father was a contemporary of Ian Fleming at Eton)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Cricket journalist/broadcaster Henry Blofeld. Turns 85 this year. Will obit in most of if not all UK Media

(His father was allegedly the inspiration for the Blofeld name in the James Bond novels as his father was a contemporary of Ian Fleming at Eton)

He technically "died" on the operating table a couple of decades ago but has made a decent recovery. He's still doing one man shows in theatres this year so I'm not sure he's at death's door. 

On 09/01/2024 at 17:05, Thatcher said:

Jim Irsay, billionaire businessman and owner of the Indianapolis Colts, receiving treatment for a ‘severe respiratory illness’. Expected to make a recovery, but the article details his alcohol and drug misuse, noting 15 rehab visits. 

The article in question helps put things into context. It's now being reported the illness was actually a suspected drug overdose.

https://nypost.com/2024/01/17/sports/jim-irsay-in-suspected-overdose-after-being-found-unresponsive/

Josef Fritzl (88) applying for parole to "spend his remaining days in a care home". Has dementia according to the Guardian

Just now, MajestyRavel said:

Josef Fritzl (88) applying for parole to "spend his remaining days in a care home". Has dementia according to the Guardian

Please check - he has his own thread as this has already been mentioned there 

Jerry Lawler - Had a massive stroke early in 2023.         Has kind of stepped away from even local appearances,and his not even posting on his social media. Unusual for him as he is very much in the mold of a Pete Rose/Pele type who would show up to the opening of an Aldi's so long as their was a tv crew around to film it.

• Like 1