gcreptile

Deathlist Cup 2024

2 minutes ago, TQR said:

Sophia Loren

I’d be in mourning if she died any month of the year

• Like 3

Nice team @An Fear Beag, it's gonna be a tough match. Good luck!

P.S. I just realized I misspelled Wayne Eddy...:facepalm:

Until Wayne Eddy dies I'm going to keep thinking for a split second that something's wrong with the early rock-n-roll guitarist.

• Haha 2

Had to go two-deep into the substitutes when Cat Janice and K Shivram died after I'd submitted my team. We'll see how that affects things for me. 

2 hours ago, msc said:

Sean Wallace? No, he's some sports guy from America. That I didn't pick for the DDP as I figured too FFBI only for Banana to pick him...

Oh, one of those names? Like an assistant coach in a school or something? Gahh. Ban ‘em.

• Like 1

State college assistant coach, but also highly decorated player

Taken from google ("Sean Wallace NFL")

Wallace was highly decorated as a player, earning two-time All SWAC, SWAC Defensive Player of the Year, Bayou Classic MVP, two-time Sheridan Black College All American, Walter Camp All American, and Kodak All American. In 2011, he was elected to the Southern University Football Hall of Fame.

He also was in the NFL, though only for one, presumably not very outstanding year.

• Like 1

Which just demonstrates how much work is required for hosts policing the FFBI rules - nearly everyone wants them but in a pool like this a lot of us are trying to run the line.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Well, last hour running,

@Sideik

@The Old Crem

the clock is ticking.

Shit totally forgot. My apologies. 

I spent far too much time when I should have been researching yesterday looking at former Bozeman City Commissioner I Ho Pomeroy's grill takeaway menu.  

I'll have the spicy ramen and a seaweed salad if anyone's buying. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Captain Hemlock said:

Also , interesting that @diego picked Jimmy Carter and his opponent @Sir Creep did not.

Wasn't there a month last year when diego was the only to not pick Jimmy Carter - and he was right?

I think I'm worried about him.... Carter, not diego.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, msc said:

Good luck, @ThereWillBeDeaths7

I'll be honest, I completely forgot about the Cup until I got a message about it yesterday and went "oh shit". So my team is as last minute useless as possible.

Thanks @msc and good luck to you as well!

Even your late minute team seems quite dangerous to me. Cowell, Starmer Smith, Manolic are just some of the lingerers that could suddenly pass away. I do think there were more "obvious" candidates for last month than right now. Anyway, hoping I picked the right ailing astronaut for this round.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Well, last hour running,

@Sideik

@The Old Crem

the clock is ticking.

So sorry about the forfait, I had 7/11 of my team ready but I couldn't find a moment to complete it in the last two days...:ghost:apologies to @Annamiwho put some efforts in researches, if you want to measure your choices with my uninspired virtual team:

Edgar Morin

Saalumarada Thimmakka

Roland Dumas

Rob Burrow

Jimmy Carter(joker)

Noam Chomsky

Steve McMicheals

Joanne Woodward 

Robert Wagner

Emilio Fede

Josip Manolic

• Like 1

Confused.

I thought the highest scoring 'loser' from the previous round gets to replace those who don't submit a team? @gcreptile

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MortalCaso said:

Confused.

I thought the highest scoring 'loser' from the previous round gets to replace those who don't submit a team? @gcreptile

Okay, you have a point. It happened two years ago.

And highest loser Bibliogryphon submitted a team, losers no. 2 and 3, Yorkshire Banker and LizLemon didn't.

Alright @Bibliogryphon, you're back in the game.

But against whom?

Annami is heads, Cpt. Hemlock is tails:

image.thumb.png.1dfb65d558cf422230c3cd21898fbf76.png

It's tails..... Annami still gets a bye. Cpt. Hemlock is against Biblio.

• Thanks 2

Good luck @Famous6Eva Not at all surprised  such a good player beat me- me winning was always a long shot but the ride was fun  to play whilst it lasted!

10 hours ago, max_bossetti said:

Nice team @An Fear Beag, it's gonna be a tough match. Good luck!

P.S. I just realized I misspelled Wayne Eddy...:facepalm:

Thanks - I reckon you are favourite in this match, but who knows. I have a good few picks who will either be dead in a week or they will be a completely wasted pick. Most of your guys are definitely dying soon - only question is whether it will be this month or not. Could be a good game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Okay, you have a point. It happened two years ago.

And highest loser Bibliogryphon submitted a team, losers no. 2 and 3, Yorkshire Banker and LizLemon didn't.

Alright @Bibliogryphon, you're back in the game.

But against whom?

Annami is heads, Cpt. Hemlock is tails:

image.thumb.png.1dfb65d558cf422230c3cd21898fbf76.png

It's tails..... Annami still gets a bye. Cpt. Hemlock is against Biblio.

Yay for Bibliogryphon.. You had a good month for Feb. and had only loss by 1 point.  A well deserved spot for March.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, theoldlady said:

Wikipedia says he died 29. February. R.I.P.

Looks like they just shifted it. Had been listed as March 1st until maybe 10 minutes ago.

News of Vachon's death broke perhaps 4-5 hours ago and reports on the XMusk refer to him having died "yesterday". That makes his death a 29 February death.

6 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

News of Vachon's death broke perhaps 4-5 hours ago and reports on the XMusk refer to him having died "yesterday". That makes his death a 29 February death.

Indeed it does. The link I included didn't include a specific date of death. Wikipedia reassigned his name to February 29th based on those other sources.

• Like 1

Good to see @Bibliogryphon advance. I admit I have fond memories of the year he got to round four of the cup because his opponents kept getting DQ'd for not sending in teams! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1