Guest JamesG

Shane MacGowan

53 minutes ago, Philheybrookbay1 said:

Falling like 9 pins at the moment. 

All we need now is the PROPER version of Fairytale to get to Number 1 in tribute. 

FB_IMG_1700325295740.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

53 minutes ago, Philheybrookbay1 said:

Falling like 9 pins at the moment. 

All we need now is the PROPER version of Fairytale to get to Number 1 in tribute. 

The deathlist had not Bern updated to.shiw Shane McGowan passed away nor not updated the deathlist count from 16 to 17

Plus I bet 2023 will be the year a lot of people pasd away 

Plus shocking both David Attenborough and Ruth langsford mother both late 90s are still alive which is shocking what's keeping these old people alive 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Facepalm 3

Now things have calmed down just a touch I'd like to say that Shane was a cultural phenomenon, a genius lyricist and had a 'my way or fuck right off' approach to life that you could respect. What a unique character. What a loss.

• Like 3

This is how I find out, Rest in Peace Sir. Your Battle was a great one.

Wow. Is this the first time we have two two-in-a-day days in a year? (and if not, the first time we've done that with consecutive hits?)

• Like 2

With Darling, I can't remember another day recently when 4 people have had death notices on the BBC News homepage in one 24-hour period. Woke up to Kissinger, checked at break and saw Dean Sullivan, checked at lunch and Shane McGowan was lead story and a few entries down was breaking news about Darling!

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

With Darling, I can't remember another day recently when 4 people have had death notices on the BBC News homepage in one 24-hour period. Woke up to Kissinger, checked at break at saw Dean Sullivan, checked at lunch and Shane McGowan was lead story and a few entries down was breaking news about Darling!

I'm bemusedly imagining right wing US Statesman  Henry Kissinger,  gay scouse actor Dean Sullivan,  big New Labour  figure and  ex Chancellor  Alistair Darling and no bs forthright hard living  Irish music legend  Shane MacGowan all  gathered together on the VIP  transportation  cloud  for famous people , to the afterlife having a natter as they make their way into the next realm.. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Deathrow66 said:

Ruth langsford mother

Dude can you plz shut the fuck up about this obscure nonentity? She’s literally nobody. I don’t even think she thinks she believe she’s somebody 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

But it's disgusting that ruth langsford mother is still alive I mean she is being selfish using up resources we're other people need it the most plus every body else us dying do makes sense 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Deathrow66 said:

But it's disgusting that ruth langsford mother is still alive I mean she is being selfish using up resources we're other people need it the most plus every body else us dying do makes sense 

No. At all.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Deathrow66 said:

What's your solution? Are you suggesting that Ruth Langsford should kill her own mother?!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Deathrow66 said:

Have you maybe considered that other people are dying out of kindness so Ruth Langsfords mom can continue living? Just saying if Ruth Langfords mom was tied to a train track and 45 small children  were on the other train track I would let the train run over the kids. Heck, knowing myself I'd probably tie a few puppies to the track for shits and giggles. But that's not the point. The point is that Ruth Langfords mom is very important and others should kindly die so that she may live.

• Haha 9

I never realised that McGowan was not only brought up in Tunbridge Wells and went to a prep school there, he also won a scholarship to Westminster School, one of the 3 poshest public schools in the country. Seems like he spent the rest of his life trying to disown his upper middle class upbringing and take on the persona of an Irish vagabond (a bit like when Nigel Kennedy started speaking mockney and supporting Aston Villa).

• Like 2

Any comments from the delusional wife?

She must have had quite the shock that he actually died.

...unless she wanted to bring him home to kill him!

#1 hit finally about to happen, apparently

_131893712_sun-nc.png.webp

• Like 2

So, summat I'd lost sight of, obits say he leaves his dad - Maurice!

• Like 2

At 65, MacGowan has to be one of our younger successful hits.

We certainly haven't had many in their 40's and 50's.

• Like 2

Oh dear!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, Toast said:

Oh dear!

They are famously awesome on Twitter

Image.jpeg.ce414439cf6cec9f5353ecdccbac1dfb.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

So, summat I'd lost sight of, obits say he leaves his dad - Maurice!

That’s quite surprising - Maurice looked pretty ancient in “The Great Hunger: The Life and Songs of Shane MacGowan” (1997)  and the tabloids reported that he was in ill health when Shane got married in 2018 and would be likely to miss the ceremony. 

• Like 2