Stayin Alive

Boris Johnson

33 minutes ago, msc said:

He looks like he's frantically putting his clothes back on, tbh.

There is a woman in the picture who despite being pixelated appears to be child rearing age so most likely.

47 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Some might say this is Dom shit stirring. I'd well believe he has more photos

Well, all of those pics that are in current circulation have come from somewhere, right? :sherlock:

6 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Well, all of those pics that are in current circulation have come from somewhere, right? :sherlock:

In News at Ten, PM who cavorts mostly with hyenas, vultures and snakes discovers associates are hyenas, vultures and snakes...

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

I bet he has he is clearly trying to make this as slow and painful as possible to inflict maximum damage. There are 300 images at least that exist the idea he hasn`t got a fair few stashed away is implausible.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

So, the question is how many more are to be released during PMQs? If the House is full of MPs ignoring him because they're waiting for a picture to appear once he's on his feet fielding the questions it achieves another low for Boris. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Cummings is behind this but - frankly - he's made enemies in the latest reshuffle, and clear out of the backroom, half the party is waiting to pile in behind one leadership contender or another, the doners are jumping ship and wondering wtf happened to Conservatism and there are women regretting every drop of bodily fluid exchanged with it who'd doubtless take tabloid cash in exchange for their inside track. A man not exactly short of enemies, then.

Surely Matt Lucas is now waiting for his Hugh Laurie (House) moment where he effortlessly moves from comedy to the dramatic performance of a lifetime. There must be scripts written just waiting for the final act to present itself.

• Like 1

Can you guys add Boris Johnson's political career to the invincibles thread?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Breathtaking arrant nonsense from war mongering Boris.

Lectures Russia on breaches of international law should they move on Ukraine, less than a couple of years ago he was promoting an internal markets bill which would break international law. I'm with Tobias Ellwood who warned that that historical attempt to break international law would weaken the voice of the British Government in making such statements - and he was and is right. Indeed, Truss and Johnson standing aside while a NI Executive Minister unilaterally declared the suspension of EU checks leading to the UK being in prospective breach of international law is  also an example of this shite.

But hey, let's move on - give the toddler who burned down your house the keys to the Fire Station, everything's fine. :lol:

• Like 1

Badly advised re the parties in his own home, according to the arch apologist Rhys-Mogg, and yet to be fined. So, does he get to stay on to fight another election, and - if so - does he get slaughtered in 2024?

Politico's poll of polls currently has 39% Labour, 35% Conservative, 9% Lib Dem with Johnson's disapproval (personal) rating standing at 61%

Link to Partygate story today: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60980892

58 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Badly advised re the parties in his own home, according to the arch apologist Rhys-Mogg, and yet to be fined. So, does he get to stay on to fight another election, and - if so - does he get slaughtered in 2024?

Politico's poll of polls currently has 39% Labour, 35% Conservative, 9% Lib Dem with Johnson's disapproval (personal) rating standing at 61%

This story is not over. Until all the fines are issued and the full version of the Sue Grey report is published there is still potential to cause an upset. The local elections in May might focus the minds of some wavering Red Wall MPs

I have a feeling the end of Boris premiership will probably come pretty suddenly. Some big scandal will force him out at some point in the future and it all happen in a couple of days.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

He will survive until the war in Ukraine is over which, we have to suspect, cannot go on for much longer without some sort of agreement that saves face for Putincunt.

Beyond that, well, Churchill lost the 1945 election, Labour won by a landslide which, I suppose, proves that no matter how 'competent' Johnson appears to be during the Ukraine crisis the public will not give a single fuck when it comes to voting on issues that are much closer to home.

On that thought , the Tory back benches will have to get rid before the next election is called.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

I saw the Rees-Mogg claims today. So we've gone from 'There wasn't a party' to 'No rules were broken' to 'I wasn't at the party' to 'I was at the event but didn't realise it was a party' to now 'They told me it wasn't a party'. This barely stands up anyway, it's been clear since the Allegra Stratton leak that they knew they were breaking the rules. But as for Rees-Mogg using it to defend Boris, it only works for as long as he isn't fined. The minute he is, his defence that he didn't mislead Parliament is nonsense. He said the rules were followed and the police will have said they weren't. That's black and white. Of course, now, Rees-Mogg says the rules were ridiculous so there was no reason to obey them. (Check it out, that's pretty much what he was saying). 

4 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

He will survive until the war in Ukraine is over which, we have to suspect, cannot go on for much longer without some sort of agreement that saves face for Putincunt.

Beyond that, well, Churchill lost the 1945 election, Labour won by a landslide which, I suppose, proves that no matter how 'competent' Johnson appears to be during the Ukraine crisis the public will not give a single fuck when it comes to voting on issues that are much closer to home.

On that thought , the Tory back benches will have to get rid before the next election is called.

I admire your optimism that the war will be over quickly, but from my perspective it seems equally plausible it could continue for years in some form or other. Let's not forget that technically this conflict began in 2014 and only escalated into a full-scale war this year. Zelensky is making the right noises about making concessions but there does not seem much appetite among the general populace to make peace with an enemy that has committed so many atrocities so quickly. The images and stories emerging from the areas that Russia has withdrawn from this week will not make that any easier. And Zelensky has said any peace agreement will need to be approved by the Ukrainian people. NATO have suggested that the supposed Russian withdrawal actually amounts to a redeployment, as the focus turns towards the East and the Donbas and Luhansk regions. The overlap for a peace treaty seems incredibly slim, so this could rumble on in some form for years more. What that means for Boris I've no idea. I suspect the insulation he gets from the conflict will only last so long.

17 minutes ago, arghton said:

Good - he’s still a wanker but this was a good thing to do - totally political image motivated but nevertheless a good thing to do.

17 hours ago, Toast said:

Hope he gets ...... I better not say any more

They said on the news the visit was unannounced beforehand. Don't want to give those pesky Russians any ideas now...

Fined. Sunak fined as well. 

Can either of them survive this?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Michael Fabricunt