Lord Fellatio Nelson

Presenters

I see the 'mental health issues' card is in play. Forgive me for being mildly cynical.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Imelda said:

I see the 'mental health issues' card is in play. Forgive me for being mildly cynical.

Given it's now looking like The Sun falsely accused him a fairly serious offence I don't doubt the statement at all particularly given his mental health issues have been well documented previously this isn't some new card he's played

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, Imelda said:

Except, as the statement says, he has a history of severe depression which has been talked about on here. :facepalm:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Imelda said:

He has done nothing illegal. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, RoverAndOut said:

Except, as the statement says, he has a history of severe depression which has been talked about on here. :facepalm:

Like I said, forgive me for being mildly cynical.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Windsor said:

He has done nothing illegal. 

I thought that there are telecoms laws against abuse, threats and intimidation?

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/07/11/uk/bbc-presenter-second-person-allegations-intl-gbr/index.html

"In a report published Tuesday, the broadcaster said an individual in their early 20s reached out to say they “felt threatened” by the unnamed presenter.

The individual was first contacted anonymously by the male presenter on a dating app, according to the report. It’s not clear when the presenter allegedly reached out to the person.

The person told BBC News that although they felt “under pressure” to meet up with the presenter, they never did. After hinting online that they might reveal the presenter’s identity, the person claimed they received “abusive, expletive filled” text messages from the presenter, according to the BBC report."

So nothing wrong there! :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Kenny said:

The person told BBC News that although they felt “under pressure” to meet up with the presenter, they never did. After hinting online that they might reveal the presenter’s identity, the person claimed they received “abusive, expletive filled” text messages from the presenter, according to the BBC report."

I think if you make threats to out somebody you can expect a bit of serious push back. 

• Like 2

This is a horrible outing of a famous person nothing more nothing less.

it is interesting that Rylan was able to easily deny it was him over the weekend as an openly and fully accepted gay man but in the Huw Edwards era things were much more complex.

I’m allowed to laugh at the jokes but deep down I’m rooting for you Huw.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

The BBC are laying the mental health angle on a bit thick. I think eventually the story will go from being scandalous to being laughable in the public mind.

I mean for someone with serious underlying mental health issues to be put through this extreme level of stress in such a public and vicious way could easily trigger a nervous breakdown or some other serious adverse mental health reaction.

I suffer from clinical depression and stressful situations can exacerbate symptoms and I have never been in a situation anywhere near as stressful as Huw is experiencing right now but I can imagine that level of stress would push me over the edge.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Kenny said:

I thought that there are telecoms laws against abuse, threats and intimidation?

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/07/11/uk/bbc-presenter-second-person-allegations-intl-gbr/index.html

"In a report published Tuesday, the broadcaster said an individual in their early 20s reached out to say they “felt threatened” by the unnamed presenter.

The individual was first contacted anonymously by the male presenter on a dating app, according to the report. It’s not clear when the presenter allegedly reached out to the person.

Is being angry at being threatened with blackmail a criminal offence?

• Like 3

Well, hopefully Jeremy Vine will be sleeping better now.  

No more Huw Edwards arse photos please.  I've hidden a few posts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Well, hopefully Jeremy Vine will be sleeping better now.  

No more Huw Edwards arse photos please.  I've hidden a few posts.

Yeah, that unfortunate image has been ambushing me - but maybe by searching Huw Edwards on FB I was simply asking for it. That said, kind of changed my mind on the shot. Highly suspicious at first largely because in old school doctoring of photos you were doing yourself a favour to find one with the subject looking back at you and using the strong neckline on a shirt etc. as the border when you dropped in the new face. Photoshopping a standard portrait often meant blending two necks, a far trickier operartion. Then again, I'm somewhat vague in what it takes to photograph your own arse from the right angle, and on reflection I'm guessing the shot is what it's claimed to. Thankfully he was looking straight to camera when he told us the Queen was dead! 

46 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Yeah, that unfortunate image has been ambushing me

I was at Pulp concert in Scarborough on Sunday (brilliant) just after I had been ambushed by that image for first time and listening to Underwear it needs very little lyric adjusting to be Huw ready - 'I want to see Huw in his underwear' for example.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grim Up North said:

I was at Pulp concert in Scarborough on Sunday (brilliant) just after I had been ambushed by that image for first time and listening to Underwear it needs very little lyric adjusting to be Huw ready - 'I want to see Huw in his underwear' for example.

Aye, and similarly, there might be a reason that interest in a long dead scientist appears to be trending on social media

347566376_1488859011916117_1298565900068

• Haha 1

From the Ideas/Possibilities thread for 2017:

Robbie Shepherd, Scottish presenter of shows on both radio and television as well as being an author and columnist, reportedly dead: https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeen-aberdeenshire/6006370/robbie-shepherd-died/

Very well known up here, he'll certainly QO.

15 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

From the Ideas/Possibilities thread for 2017:

Robbie Shepherd, Scottish presenter of shows on both radio and television as well as being an author and columnist, reportedly dead: https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeen-aberdeenshire/6006370/robbie-shepherd-died/

Very well known up here, he'll certainly QO.

And indeed he did: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-66382482

Meanwhile the ongoing car crash of the "career"  of Hardeep Singh Kohli takes a rapid u-turn as he faces "non-recent" allegations of sexual misconduct. An additional outrage in this particular story is the BBC's description of the man as a "comedian". Moderate reality television success and a few one-liners don't put him in that league, surely. Anyone who has actually seen his infamous "Meet the Magoons" has survived "comedy" that one reviewer suggested wasn't so much sharing mirth as "pleading for its life." Whether the current shenanigans will impact on his lucrative sideline as a landlord who has faced criticism for the appaling state of his Glasgow properties remains to be seen. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-66454248

_130344304_pa-29958637-1.jpg.webp

• Like 1

On 09/07/2023 at 22:36, TQR said:

It won’t be K*****berg and it won’t be Bruce. They’ve both got a reputation for bias so bad even the BBC aren’t blind to it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12489805/Laura-Kuenssberg-thought-frontrunner-BBCs-election-night-coverage-Huw-Edwardss-absence.html

Is said to be the front runner to replace Huw Edwards as host of Election Night Coverage.

Chris Mason, Nick Robinson, Jim Naughtie, or Kirsty Wark would be better options

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12489805/Laura-Kuenssberg-thought-frontrunner-BBCs-election-night-coverage-Huw-Edwardss-absence.html

Is said to be the front runner to replace Huw Edwards as host of Election Night Coverage.

Only Daily Fail speculation so is very likely bollocks.

As the DCI said, Clive Myrie would be perfect.

• Like 1