paddyfool

Coronavirus death toll 2020

Coronavirus death toll 2020  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If I survive this, anyway, I'll remember ambulances and death bells at every hour of day and night for the rest of my life. Really, this could drive anyone crazy, beside the average two/three people I know who die each day. What a wonderful life!

• Sad 5
  • Shocked 1

UKs measures do seem to be having some affect with only 24 deaths reported on the last total in this thread at 128.

As much as we might be seeing signs people aren't taking this seriously maybe some are. 

19 minutes ago, Deathray said:

As much as we might be seeing signs people aren't taking this seriously maybe some are. 

A venue I occasionally go to posted this on Facebook yesterday.  It didn't go down well.

This obviously means they aren't prepared to postpone and refund people.

sub89.JPG.2b11a2d32e63b9cf698832f87067965c.JPG

This is a small venue, capacity about 600, with a low ceiling.  Pretty cramped if it's a popular gig.  We had been planning to go to a gig there tonight - just a Doors tribute band, nothing unmissable - but had obviously thought better of it.

The concerning thing is that among the now 80+ critical comments are two or three who clearly do not get it.  They think people are entitled to risk their own health and the govt hasn't actually shut these places down, so why is everyone else calling it irresponsible, shameful, etc.

These are the people that will cause trouble.  Empty-headed, thick, selfish kids who are determined to do whatever they like regardless of circumstances.

Mercifully they seem to be in the minority.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Toast said:

A venue I occasionally go to posted this on Facebook yesterday.  It didn't go down well.

This obviously means they aren't prepared to postpone and refund people.

sub89.JPG.2b11a2d32e63b9cf698832f87067965c.JPG

This is a small venue, capacity about 600, with a low ceiling.  Pretty cramped if it's a popular gig.  We had been planning to go to a gig there tonight - just a Doors tribute band, nothing unmissable - but had obviously thought better of it.

The concerning thing is that among the now 80+ critical comments are two or three who clearly do not get it.  They think people are entitled to risk their own health and the govt hasn't actually shut these places down, so why is everyone else calling it irresponsible, shameful, etc.

These are the people that will cause trouble.  Empty-headed, thick, selfish kids who are determined to do whatever they like regardless of circumstances.

Mercifully they seem to be in the minority.

Yup. I also saw one comment someone early along the lines of 'well all the vulnerable are self isolating/social distancing and if I give one of them that decides to go to a pub it that's there fault.'

Humanity. These are probably the same morons who are robbing food banks....

So, no lockdown just yet. Given the fact that police & army have been put on standby for one, though, it doesn’t mean it’s not going to happen at all. Maybe give us a weekend to calm down, then launch out with a ‘Remain Indoors’ broadcast.

Had an interesting message from a very close relative today, they work at a hospital.

There were, in excess of, ONE HUNDRED empty beds at the hospital yesterday.

They cannot recall a time when there were so many free beds.

A&E had a total of two people attending yesterday for reasons unknown.

How strange, given this crisis, that no fucker wants to trot down to A&E with a paper cut, boil on their arse or toothache.

All of that talk of chronic underfunding of our NHS makes you consider just how many fuckwits out there consider themselves entitled to turn up at A&E with ailments that a GP or home rest could easily deal with.

I doubt very much whether people are sitting at home nursing broken legs or summat.

This crisis will have wide ranging repercussions, maybe one will be for our 'overstretched' A&E departments.

Perhaps not having the piss taken out of them on a daily basis, with the realisation that throwing money at a problem that is the sole cause of feckless and thick cunts, is pretty obvious.

We live in hope.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, drol said:

If I survive this, anyway, I'll remember ambulances and death bells at every hour of day and night for the rest of my life. Really, this could drive anyone crazy, beside the average two/three people I know who die each day. What a wonderful life!

Sorry to hear that. .. where do you livein Italy? 

Here in Berlin I didn't even heard an ambulance today, but nearly all shops/resteraunts/schools and parks are closed.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

48 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Had an interesting message from a very close relative today, they work at a hospital.

There were, in excess of, ONE HUNDRED empty beds at the hospital yesterday.

They cannot recall a time when there were so many free beds.

Funny. It's the same here in Denmark. While the medias are spreading doom and gloom, Hospitals are in good shape and have plenty of beds and respiratory systems. 

• Like 2

Still no confirmed cases on The Isle Of Man but it's only a matter  of time. It  has not prevented all the panic buying though.  

Possibly know someone with the virus - both she and her husband showing the symptoms but not offered a test so they don’t know if they have it or not. Regardless, they’ll survive. 

• Like 2

Excellent people starting to be positive like I have been all week 

I was at a Tesco Extra petrol station at quarter to 5 this morning. The main shop doesn’t open until 6. The queue to get in was wrapped around more than half of the main car park.

I heard that, at some point this morning, a paramedic was called to this store because people were sprinting to the aisles when the doors did open, someone tripped over and they were trampled by the stampede of selfish cunts on their fucking trolley dash.

This is where we are at now. We have a country packed to the tits with hoggish morons.

• Sad 1
  • Facepalm 2

36 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

I was at a Tesco Extra petrol station at quarter to 5 this morning. The main shop doesn’t open until 6. The queue to get in was wrapped around more than half of the main car park.

I heard that, at some point this morning, a paramedic was called to this store because people were sprinting to the aisles when the doors did open, someone tripped over and they were trampled by the stampede of selfish cunts on their fucking trolley dash.

This is where we are at now. We have a country packed to the tits with hoggish morons.

When there are punch-ups in Waitrose we will truly be lost.

• Haha 2

At least two weeks off for my job here. Still being paid thankfully so it's actually a welcome bit of reprieve.

Two cases confirmed in my hometown so far so definitely time to keep cautious.

• Like 1

I’m off from school for two weeks (although one of them was planned even without it), and then it’s online schooling for the rest of the semester. Interesting times ahead...

A person who lives down the street from me died yesterday due to the coronavirus. I don’t know anything about him, but he was only in his 30’s. There goes the “only old people will die” narrative. 

27 minutes ago, DeathClock said:

A person who lives down the street from me died yesterday due to the coronavirus. I don’t know anything about him, but he was only in his 30’s. There goes the “only old people will die” narrative. 

Was it this guy?

https://www.tmz.com/2020/03/19/34-year-old-california-man-dies-coronavirus-visited-disney-world-florida/

1 minute ago, the_engineer said:

No, DC is out of New York.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DeathClock said:

That hasn't been the narrative here.

They have always pointed out that people with underlying health conditions were equally likely to die.

AFAIK, all the people who have died here so far have had extreme age, low immunity or previous serious health issues.

It would be unlikely that a fit and healthy adult would die here without the press getting hold of it and creating pandemonium.

• Like 2

We are now officially over 10,000 deaths now (This is not counting the deaths China is hiding /lying about.  :angry:).

31 minutes ago, theoldlady said:

We are now officially over 10,000 deaths now (This is not counting the deaths China is hiding /lying about.  :angry:).

And that will double in no time... Sigh.

1 hour ago, DeathClock said:

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

That hasn't been the narrative here.

They have always pointed out that people with underlying health conditions were equally likely to die.

AFAIK, all the people who have died here so far have had extreme age, low immunity or previous serious health issues.

It would be unlikely that a fit and healthy adult would die here without the press getting hold of it and creating pandemonium.

I think some people seem to be conflating underlying health issues with terminal/serious health issues. Many of deaths are people who would otherwise live for decades without Covid-19. 

I nearly died from it but was saved when my mam managed to grab me a family pack of toilet rolls.

Lifesaver. 

• Haha 2

On 28/01/2020 at 18:50, Kenny McCormick said:

1000-9999

Sadly our prediction gone wrong, I hope don't go so far...