Paul Bearer

Ideas and possibilities for 2023

I don't get where the confusion comes from, his Date of Birth is well known.

In fact, here he is in 2020, thanking a friend for wishing him a happy birthday on 22nd November!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, msc said:

I don't get where the confusion comes from, his Date of Birth is well known.

In fact, here he is in 2020, thanking a friend for wishing him a happy birthday on 22nd November!

I've restored it to his page with a book source. 

It's crazy what's happening over on Wiki atm. Lots of users and admins scrubbing vital dates for being unsourced, rather than doing a 10 second Google search and copy+paste job to back it up.

Careless arsonists. Alas, Wikipedia is lawless and even worse, what they're doing isn't technically "wrong" by standards on there. I think scrubbing information that isn't sourced BUT can be easily sourced should be against guidelines.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Eu o restaurei em sua página com uma fonte de livro. 

É uma loucura o que está acontecendo no Wiki ATM. Muitos usuários e administradores limpando datas vitais por não terem fonte, em vez de fazer uma pesquisa de 10 segundos no Google e copiar e colar para fazer backup.

Incendiários descuidados. Infelizmente, a Wikipedia é ilegal e ainda pior, o que eles estão fazendo não é tecnicamente "errado" pelos padrões de lá. Acho que a limpeza de informações que não são de origem, MAS podem ser facilmente obtidas, deve ser contra as diretrizes.

I totally agree with you, information that is easily located they exclude due to lack of sources, this is discouraging

8 minutes ago, diego said:

I totally agree with you, information that is easily located they exclude due to lack of sources, this is discouraging

OK.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

On 17/10/2022 at 15:34, Lafaucheuse said:

I don't think they will put it either. I don't seem them putting two popes on a single list. But I wouldn't mind having him considering his recent health problem. 

Btw is there a poll on which pope will be the last one standing ? Rare situation where we have two popes alive, it won't happen again in our lifetime I think. would be interesting. 

I could very well imagine that both popes will be on the list next year, because it would be one of the rare occasions when something like this is even possible. At least I would appreciate that.

But we all know that the Committee rarely grants our wishes ;)

• Like 3

Christoph Daum, high-profile german football coach, venerated in Turkey also, but never entered the Premier League, he has some kind of unspecified cancer:

https://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussball/langjaehriger-bundesligatrainer-christoph-daum-macht-krebserkrankung-oeffentlich-a-41c912cf-87ab-482a-b0cd-69f0ea684361

Almost became German national coach until his cocaine use became public knowledge.

• Like 1

Two actors who often played very similar, evil characters: Bruce Glover and Derren Nesbitt. Both would probably not pass the DL’s high famousness test but are certainly worthy of qualifying obits.

I’m especially worried about Glover. He will turn 91 next year, a particularly dangerous age these days. A lot of celebrities have been dying at 91 recently (e.g., Jean-Luc Godard, Mikhail Gorbachev, Jean-Louis Trintignant). 

• Like 2

On 20/10/2022 at 00:01, arghton said:

6 November: Ronald Blythe and Uriel García Cáceres, 100, François Englert, 90

Bas de Gaay Fortman is 85 on 6th November 2022. Keep up the good work, I do enjoy reading these lists and purloining names wherever necessary.

• Like 1

On 07/03/2022 at 19:33, gcreptile said:

This is all becoming very ghoulish but Steve Woodmore has opened a gofundme to pay for a wheelchair lifter for his car. He can't carry it himself anymore.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-steve-get-a-car-wheelchair-hoist?utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer

Well, I am quite certain that his pancreatic cancer will spread quickly and it will all be over in, roughly, July.

Well, I admit, Steve Woodmore, former world's "fastest talking person", has lived longer than I thought.

He was banned from Facebook (because his account was hacked) and now he has to go through chemotherapy "alone":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5UvKgBPkqo

He also now created his own forum... so in terms of form watching possibilities, he might set a few records:

https://stevewoodmore.com/

Now, he has lymphoma, COPD, too much weight, diabetes, and a thousand other things, the lymphoma is only grade 1, as we can now read on his forum. Stage III, but only grade 1. Which I guess is why he is still alive.

• Like 2

On 23/09/2022 at 21:31, gcreptile said:

Well, as I said elsewhere, I'm watching the Jeffrey Dahmer series on Netflix. His father, Lionel Dahmer, is still alive at 86 and retreated from the public eye in 2020.

Lionel Dahmer is considering suing Netflix, described as a "nervous wreck" after fans of the series have showed up on his property:

https://nypost.com/2022/10/21/lionel-dahmer-considers-suing-netflix-for-exalting-jeffreys-murders/

• Like 2

Just seen Sylvia Young OBE briefly on Strictly Come Dancing and it doesn't look like she has very good mobility and is obese. Someone to watch out for considering she is 83.

• Like 1

Tom Baker - He was the only doctor actor bar Christopher Eccolstone, Peter Capaldi and Matt Smith who didn't appear in that episode (and I know the other three are healthy).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Tom Baker - He was the only doctor actor bar Christopher Eccolstone, Peter Capaldi and Matt Smith who didn't appear in that episode (and I know the other three are healthy).

To be honest if I was Tom Baker and got handed that script I wouldn't have made an appearance.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

IIRC Tom was pretty grumpy when he filmed his appearance in "Day of the Doctor" in 2013. He'd travelled to Cardiff over the night and felt only Matt Smith welcomed him, and, because old habits die hard, he rewrote his lines on the fly. Maybe he just wasn't up for it because of that experience?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheKeysOfMarinus said:

IIRC Tom was pretty grumpy when he filmed his appearance in "Day of the Doctor" in 2013. He'd travelled to Cardiff over the night and felt only Matt Smith welcomed him, and, because old habits die hard, he rewrote his lines on the fly. Maybe he just wasn't up for it because of that experience?

Do you know what his lines were supposed to be?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ladyfiona said:

Do you know what his lines were supposed to be?

Not sure, I just remember either Tom or Steven Moffat mentioning that he revised them in an interview.  

• Like 1

Elsie Kelly (86) hasn’t appeared in anything since Benidorm ended in 2018. Of course, there’s been a pandemic since but might be someone to think about. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheKeysOfMarinus said:

Elsie Kelly (86) hasn’t appeared in anything since Benidorm ended in 2018. Of course, there’s been a pandemic since but might be someone to think about. 

She also retired as director for BOST the following year.

On the subject of Benidorm, Sticky Vicky (now 79) was mentioned as a possibility some years ago on the strength of her cancer diagnosis. She had a fall earlier this year which required hospitalisation.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, time said:

On the subject of Benidorm, Sticky Vicky (now 79) was mentioned as a possibility some years ago on the strength of her cancer diagnosis. She had a fall earlier this year which required hospitalisation.

When she dies, will they put her in a coffin or will they put a coffin in her and pull it out as part of the funeral service?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 16/10/2022 at 17:01, Summer in Transylvania said:

Amou Haji, "the dirtiest man in the world" is about 90 next year. According to some reports, he smokes multiple cigarettes at once, hasn't bathed in years, and is caked in dirt. 

Despite all of this, reports also consider him incredibly healthy, likely a result of an immune system strengthened by his many years of squalor. 

Amou Haji, dead, aged 94. Commentators curse or summat.

• Like 9

30 minutes ago, time said:

I note in the report of his death, that recently he was given a bath. He said he didn't wash as he didn't want to get sick. Case proven. Mass wash = death.

Let this be a lesson to everyone not to wash.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

I note in the report of his death, that recently he was given a bath. He said he didn't wash as he didn't want to get sick. Case proven. Mass wash = death.

Let this be a lesson to everyone not to wash.

I've scrubbed him from my shortlist.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, time said:

Poor old fella, becomes a legend in the hermit and recluses world, yet doesn’t even end up in DDT’s Bums Hobos Gypsies Tramps and Thieves thread. 

I’ve got His Shoe, His Shoe!!! It’s a bit pongy.

• Like 1

Apropos of the mighty Stakka Bo appearing on the recent Top of the Pops repeats with their seminal 1993 anthem "Here We Go", I did some googling and found the female vocalist on the track, Nana Hedin, has been suffering from stage 4 tongue cancer for a decade and launched a GoFundMe earlier this year in an attempt to "save her voice".

• Like 1