Charles De Gaulle

Toby Keith

On 15/12/2023 at 06:23, The Old Crem said:

To be fair we don’t know if Randy Jackson actually has cancer or another fatal illness. We know Toby Keith has advanced cancer. 

I'm still wondering about that Randy Jackson photo where he's skinny and needed help walking. I know some thought he'd be a goner this year, but he still seems to be holding on. I hope Toby survives, but it's obvious the treatments are taking a toll on him.

Dead.

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 9

Stomach cancer put a boot in his ass, that's the DDP way.

See next time @Joey Russ tells me someone looks very ill, can you all remind me not to be a sceptic. Ta.

• Like 1

See, I avoided him having been well and truly booted in the arse by the Randy Jackson nonsense last year. Literally my last drop from my entire team including subs.

Didn't want the points anyway lol.

• Like 3

Wow, my fifth DDP hit so far this year - and none of them were Jimmy Carter...

• Like 2

He's the sixth hit for me.  Glad his suffering is over now, given that he truly looked very sick.  

On 21/12/2023 at 21:32, Sean said:

If a beloved figure says they are doing well against cancer usually they are fucked.If a despot says they are dying they will make 3 digits.

He wasn’t beloved by me, just another stupid fucking American peddling stupid fucking modern country music. At least that old warmongering bitch Vera Lynn had a touch of style.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

He wasn’t beloved by me, just another stupid fucking American peddling stupid fucking modern country music.

South Park notably took the piss out of country stars that capitalise on peoples' emotions with opportunistic patriotic songs. Their target was Alan Jackson though. You could probably throw Lee Greenwood into the same category too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So even though his fricking funeral got daily mail coverage, because they didn't put his name on the report, Kieran Cavanagh - for now - has no QO.

So I was tantalisingly close to taking the lead of the DDP for the first time in 14 years.

I knew someone would come along who I didn't pick to relegate me back to mid table obscurity.

I thought he would last longer in truth. Ah well.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

So even though his fricking funeral got daily mail coverage, because they didn't put his name on the report, Kieran Cavanagh - for now - has no QO.

So I was tantalisingly close to taking the lead of the DDP for the first time in 14 years.

I knew someone would come along who I didn't pick to relegate me back to mid table obscurity.

Some of us would be happy with mid-table obscurity! :lol:

• Haha 3

I'm genuinely surprised he went this year.  Willie Nelson is going to outlive everyone he's ever collaborated with, no matter how much younger they are, I guess.  Look out, Jessica Simpson.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

A third hit for me, and the type of name I might have eschewed on a more serious team.

Anywho, I'm not usually one for proclaiming ignorance (so if I never heard of a G8 world leader my lips are sealed), but while I long knew his name I have no recollection of hearing a song by him and have no desire to remedy it. ^_^

1 hour ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

I'm not a deadpooler (gave it up along with booze, fantasy football and Corrie) so forgive me if I'm giving you false hope, but doesn't this qualify? It's the Sun and it mentions his name but maybe the Irish Sun doesn't count.

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/12098260/daniel-odonnell-heartbroken-death-manager-kieran-cavanagh/

41 minutes ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

I'm not a deadpooler (gave it up along with booze, fantasy football and Corrie) so forgive me if I'm giving you false hope, but doesn't this qualify? It's the Sun and it mentions his name but maybe the Irish Sun doesn't count.

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/12098260/daniel-odonnell-heartbroken-death-manager-kieran-cavanagh/

It's a QO for the Derry Deadpool.

• Haha 3

My mother is a huge fan. Bummer.

Never been a fan of his music, but this ends my Inverse Pool chances this year as well. RiP

1 hour ago, time said:

It's a QO for the Derry Deadpool.

Oooh, can I play? :D

Expected him to hang on until later in the year at least.

Frustratingly demoted from my main DDP team due to murmurs on here that he might not be as close to death as it seemed at the time. 

Fuck the likes of James Whale, Linda Nolan & co for this level of distrust I have for cancer patients. 

• Like 6

Must have been a pretty rapid decline given he did a trio of 3-hour long shows just a month-and-a-half ago in Vegas...

Rip to the man who got legendarily bodied by actual country legend Kris Kristofferson: IMG_2845.thumb.jpeg.ae1c5f4b8df57ba6e6139982458da097.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 14

2 hours ago, Perhaps said:

Frustratingly demoted from my main DDP team due to murmurs on here that he might not be as close to death as it seemed at the time. 

Fuck the likes of James Whale, Linda Nolan & co for this level of distrust I have for cancer patients. 

Remember late year murmurs often come from two sources.

1. People trying to psyche out DDP opponents. Also known as The Spade Cooley.

2. People who aren't good at deadpools.

• Like 3

If the committee had included him this year, they could have used "He's not as alive as he once was" as a perfect headline.

IMG_2846.png

• Haha 1

This has to be the worst miss by the committee since my joining DL Dec 2014.  

• Confused 1