RadGuy

Ideas And Possibilities For 2017

Age spans mainly genetic. If both you're parents have lived to 110, then even if you're a shit liver you've got a chance of getting to 90.

Age spans mainly genetic. If both you're parents have lived to 110, then even if you're a shit liver you've got a chance of getting to 90.

What if your parents and three of your grandparents died relatively young (40s, 50s and 60s), but your remaining grandparent made it to 100, and her sister, cousin and daughter all lived into their 90s?

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:23 PM

adrian0719, on 31 Mar 2015 - 12:14 AM, said:snapback.png

Chris Sager's cancer has returned.

Christ sake he was just bragging it was eradicated what, a couple months ago? Reaper was giggling it seems

SC

Craig Sager has leukemia yet again.

TNT reporter Craig Sager is scheduled to have his third bone marrow/stem cell transplant Wednesday in his ongoing battle with leukemia.

Sir Creep doesn't think 2017 is in his cards.

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:23 PM

adrian0719, on 31 Mar 2015 - 12:14 AM, said:snapback.png

Chris Sager's cancer has returned.

Christ sake he was just bragging it was eradicated what, a couple months ago? Reaper was giggling it seems

SC

Craig Sager has leukemia yet again.

TNT reporter Craig Sager is scheduled to have his third bone marrow/stem cell transplant Wednesday in his ongoing battle with leukemia.

Sir Creep doesn't think 2017 is in his cards.

Wednesday as in tomorrow (I live in the us), or next week.

How famous was Craig Sager in the US before he had cancer?Was he a household name or just a little known reporter known only by sport fanatics?

How famous was Craig Sager in the US before he had cancer?Was he a household name or just a little known reporter known only by sport fanatics?

I can't answer that, but I do know that I'd heard of him before his illness, and I'm a Scot. Admittedly from people moaning about him on social media but hey, it all counts.

I was just checking the French New Wave movement in the cinema and there's only Jean-Luc Godard (85), Agnes Varda (88), Jean Douchet (87), Philipe Garrel (68), Claude Lelouch (78), Luc Moullet (78), Jacques Rozier (89), Jean-Marie Straub (83), Raoul Coutard (91), Michel Legrand (84), Anna Karina (75), Anouk Aimee (84), Brigitte Bardot (81), Charles Aznavour (92), Jean-Paul Belmondo (83), Jacques Charrier (79), Catherine Deneuve (72), Stephane Audran (83), Jean-Pierre Leaud (72), Jeanne Moreau (88), Jean-Louis Trintignant (85), Sami Frey (78), Jonathan Rosenbaum (73) alive out of 61 names listed on Wikipedia. Obvious picks for 2017 list are Godard, Varda and Douchet since most directors don't tend to live into 90s.

I was just checking the French New Wave movement in the cinema and there's only Jean-Luc Godard (85), Agnes Varda (88), Jean Douchet (87), Philipe Garrel (68), Claude Lelouch (78), Luc Moullet (78), Jacques Rozier (89), Jean-Marie Straub (83), Raoul Coutard (91), Michel Legrand (84), Anna Karina (75), Anouk Aimee (84), Brigitte Bardot (81), Charles Aznavour (92), Jean-Paul Belmondo (83), Jacques Charrier (79), Catherine Deneuve (72), Stephane Audran (83), Jean-Pierre Leaud (72), Jeanne Moreau (88), Jean-Louis Trintignant (85), Sami Frey (78), Jonathan Rosenbaum (73) alive out of 61 names listed on Wikipedia. Obvious picks for 2017 list are Godard, Varda and Douchet since most directors don't tend to live into 90s.

Godard plans to die in exactly the same way three times in a row!

I'm pretty sure Charles Aznavour was on the deathlist a few years ago

trendingww.sbs.com.au/news/article/2016/08/31/i-only-want-die-145-year-old-indonesian-may-be-oldest-man-earth?cid=trending

That old man in Indonesia is verified as 145.

I think he is a household name if someone in your house watched basketball since he has been a sideline reporter for national games on TNT for 2 decades,for non basketball fans not so much.

I'm assuming he has the equivalent fame that Geoff Shreeves has in the UK then?

Just googled Shreeves and seems like a fair comparison of fame level equivalency pre cancer diagnosis.Post cancer diagnosis Sager might have some casual name recogniton as dying sideline reporter from non basketball fans in the US as their is constant mentions from yahoo and other us media anytime he has a health update status probably because he is one of their own.

I'd add Jerry Stiller, Estelle Harris and Honor Blackman on the 2017 list. Seems obvious.

trendingww.sbs.com.au/news/article/2016/08/31/i-only-want-die-145-year-old-indonesian-may-be-oldest-man-earth?cid=trending

That old man in Indonesia is verified as 145.

I've seen this reported even on seemingly serious, somewhat trustworthy news sites, which is something of a surprise to me, since this is obviously a fraud.

First, the man is only verified to be 145 by the Indonesian auhorities, and I kinda don't trust their records since everyone there used to have only one (legal/official) name. This factor alone creates more than enough room for cheats, and then add the fact that this man claims to have been the "oldest ever" person for the last 22-23 years and still managed to evade the attention of the press, Guinness World Records AND local+international gerontology researchers. Fat chance.

That being said, his recent "15 minutes of fame" might get him a valid obit for some less restrictive dead pools (i.e. not DDP) if he dies in like 6 months.

American weatherman Geoff Fox, who actually got a Daily Mail article about him in 2012 due to a sexting scandal, has pancreatic cancer.

"At the moment the cancer in my pancreas is contained within the mass," Fox wrote. "It doesn’t look like it’s spread. These are good signs, but pancreatic cancer is relentless and long term survival isn’t common."

I had no idea that Stig of the Dump author Clive King was still alive.

At the ripe old age of 92 he must come under scrutiny for next year, purely because he is 92 and some people ( like the DL committee ) like to pick easy targets that cant fight back or summat.

I had the same reaction about fifteen years ago when I found out that Anthony Buckeridge, author of the 'Jennings' books I'd loved as a child, was still alive. He died in 2004 - aged 92. Hmm...

With the passing of David Jenkins I did wonder how many of the people represented as Spitting Image puppets in the video for the Chicken Song are still alive?

With the passing of David Jenkins I did wonder how many of the people represented as Spitting Image puppets in the video for the Chicken Song are still alive?

Strange how you mention that song. Just yesterday I found a newspaper clipping with the lyrics that had fallen out of the single while I was sorting through a box.

• Like 1

Strange how you mention that song. Just yesterday I found a newspaper clipping with the lyrics that had fallen out of the single while I was sorting through a box.

What bothers me is that everytime I mention it I realise I still know all the words. Until recently I didn't know that it was written by the two guys who created Red Dwarf.

This sounds like a job for someone who does lists....

• Like 4

Sharon Osbourn - had a form of bowel cancer that only has 25 per cent survival rate post-five years. Dropped a veritable Ozzy load of weight recently and can only be filmed from one side - yeah yeah probably fillers gone wrong but it's an idea and a possibility...dear goodness but Joeyruss is influential.

Sharon Osbourn - had a form of bowel cancer that only has 25 per cent survival rate post-five years. Dropped a veritable Ozzy load of weight recently and can only be filmed from one side - yeah yeah probably fillers gone wrong but it's an idea and a possibility...dear goodness but Joeyruss is influential.

watched x factor last night and after seeing her I'd say that anyone that thinks she is death list material needs to get their eyes checked.

Are you Simon Cowell in disguise?