DeathClock

Joe Biden

3 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Perfect clickbait, who'll live longer, Trump or Biden?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/who-will-live-longer-trump-or-biden-an-actuary-weighs-in

The actuary says, Biden will reach age 94, Trump 92. So Biden would get older, but die two years earlier.

Fuck me I must be immortal if that sack of lard is getting to 92. He doesn't look like a heart attack waiting to happen, he looks like a heart attack that has already happened.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I gotta say...watching the debate tonight was disheartening. As someone who has been a stark defender against age complaints, Biden looked rough. The guy sounds and appears visibly unwell. 

If he isn't replaced before November, Trump is inching closer to the win every day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, MortalCaso said:

I gotta say...watching the debate tonight was disheartening. As someone who has been a stark defender against age complaints, Biden looked rough. The guy sounds and appears visibly unwell. 

If he isn't replaced before November, Trump is inching closer to the win every day.

I totally agree watched about half of the debate and was surprised at just how unwell Biden clearly is, he is not well enough to run for reelection he could barely string a coherent sentence together at times and he looked and sounded like a man who needed medical intervention for his own sake. I was surprised at just how weak his voice sounded compare it to 4 years ago in the previous debates and the comparisons are clear, that was more than just a cold like some have said he has. A cold doesn’t make you sound like that and be unable to talk at times. I can’t see how he staggers onto next January never mind another 4 years on top of that were he to win reelection. Surely his party and wife(encourage him to step aside) have to step in and remove him from office for his own benefit and health, no job is worth your health.

The American president’s job is probably the biggest, high profiled and most important job there is and that debate has proven without doubt that Biden is not fit for office and not well enough to be president, it has been evident that this has been the case for a good while now but tonight confirmed it. Biden looked like an old man who didn’t know what day of the week it was and quite frankly it is worrying he is in charge of the most powerful government in the world. It is sad to see. Neither men are fit to serve for president. If he isn’t removed surely Trump wins in November.

• Like 1

Haven't watched (yet), but it doesn't sound good. Trump apparently didn't do well either, but that only makes the case for replacing Biden better. Like, they can (almost) run anybody else...I kind of think that they have to replace him but not Harris, because of the AA vote. She has to stay VP though, because she's not popular enough to be at the top of the ticket.

Now, they cant do a California-only ticket - but would that make Gavin Newsom go rogue? If they replace Biden, they'd have to do it at the convention. Considering the logistics and optics, it would have to be a unanimous choice (at least officially). The new candidate needs to hit the ground running. 

So what to do, go for the Whitmer/Harris two-women ticket? Or would there be anybody willing to be a last-minute candidate, possibly even for just one term, because the Democratic bench will be much stronger in 2028?

I .. think.. they should put Josh Shapiro at the top. Newsom would then have to be secrerary of state, like Obama did with Hillary.

Never has there been such a good reason for replacing the top of the ticket, it's nobody's fault - age is just natural.

Also, nobody ever did a full 4 terms at the White House, which Joe Biden might still achieve. It shows just how unusual it would be for him to stay around even longer. I hope he can see that.

@gcreptile Whatever coaching Trump got tonight worked. This was the best performance in a speech or debate that I can recall from him in a long time. 

The difference between him and Biden was just so stark. He may be batshit, but he was relatively competent. Joe Biden's performance should scare Democrats shitless. 

This is coming from someone who supports him. Harris as the replacement is uninspiring. Almost like her as VP!

• Like 3

Talk on BBC this morning already includes the notion that the last great thing Biden can do for his party is nominate the names on a new ticket (clearly excluding Harris), yeah, he looks and sounds terrible, the thought he'd still be president in four years time doesn't seem plausible.

I wouldn’t be shocked if they drag Michelle Obama in to either run or be VP. It won’t work and Trump could now get a Reegan type landslide 

Good grief. I've seen a highlights reel and it's like two end-of-life residents having a dingdong in a nursing home living room.

In the Prime Ministerial debate a couple of days ago, one of the audience questions to Sir Keir Starmer and Rishi Sunak was "Are you two really the best candidates your parties can come up with?" He'd have died of shame by now if he was American.

• Like 2

My favourite part of the debate is when they started arguing about golf

• Haha 3

I’m right now jealous of you guys across the pond. Starmer and Sunak might not be perfect but at least they are both coherent beings.

• Like 2

Well, I stayed up to watch.

Biden did seem to have a grasp of issues and numbers. However, he broke down a few times in expression and is a different person even from the State of the Union. He got a couple of things completely wrong.

Trump didn't want to answer the questions. He kept addressing things he believed he was strong on, but there were a lot of tricky landmines which he skipped over. If he were President a lot of these things wouldn't happen he says. Well, they have, so instead of saying what he would do, he just seemed focused on being a whiney little bitch. There's no getting away from the fact that on the night he was simply a confident liar.

Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear. Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

• Like 1

At least Biden if he wins again would be snoring in a chair while background staff do things, rather than awake, babbling and wreaking havoc like the alternative. But what a fucking choice.

• Like 2

I think Trump will win since we had the narrative before where Trump faced Hillary who was similarly hated, and it was enough for him to win. Whereas 2020 Biden was more formidable than I initially gave him credit for, at least formidable enough to do what he needed to do to win, but that's all-but-disintegrated now. The scary thing is Biden this year might actually be a weaker candidate than even Hillary was.

I like to think my previous DDP strapline "50-50 shot to win the presidency Donald Trump convicted on 34 felony counts" succinctly damns Trump, Biden, and America in one foul swoop.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

I think Trump will win since we had the narrative before where Trump faced Hillary who was similarly hated, and it was enough for him to win. Whereas 2020 Biden was more formidable than I initially gave him credit for, at least formidable enough to do what he needed to do to win, but that's all-but-disintegrated now. The scary thing is Biden this year might actually be a weaker candidate than even Hillary was.

I like to think my previous DDP strapline "50-50 shot to win the presidency Donald Trump convicted on 34 felony counts" succinctly damns Trump, Biden, and America in one fell swoop.

There is honestly a chance I would say Trump could win not only the electoral college but the popular vote running against Biden.

But who knows if Biden will be on the ballot. I suspect at least some Dems will try and force him out in the next few weeks. 

The coughing probably helps Biden survive and just blame having a cold rather than any cognitive decline. 

20 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

There is honestly a chance I would say Trump could win not only the electoral college but the popular vote running against Biden.

But who knows if Biden will be on the ballot. I suspect at least some Dems will try and force him out in the next few weeks. 

The coughing probably helps Biden survive and just blame having a cold rather than any cognitive decline. 

Hmmm

Except Biden looked and sounded like the same person who's been making public statements lately, apparently without a cold

Just a guess, if he stands Trump's a shoo-in, the best chance the Democrats have is persuading Biden to get behind two other names on the ticket, avoiding either of those being the current VP.  At least that way the Democrats pick someone who is the complete antithesis of Trump and aim for a ticket that attracts some of the undecided voters in the middle ground, assuming any seasoned Democrat is motivated to vote simply by the thought of keeping Trump out. Trump's lies and bizarre grasp of reality then become a liability. Last night he talked fast, sounded livelier and benefitted from Biden's inability to put complicated arguments together.

7 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Hmmm

Except Biden looked and sounded like the same person who's been making public statements lately, apparently without a cold

Just a guess, if he stands Trump's a shoo-in, the best chance the Democrats have is persuading Biden to get behind two other names on the ticket, avoiding either of those being the current VP.  At least that way the Democrats pick someone who is the complete antithesis of Trump and aim for a ticket that attracts some of the undecided voters in the middle ground, assuming any seasoned Democrat is motivated to vote simply by the thought of keeping Trump out. Trump's lies and bizarre grasp of reality then become a liability. Last night he talked fast, sounded livelier and benefitted from Biden's inability to put complicated arguments together.

I think they would only be able to remove Harris entirely if a non white candiate was one of the two. Two white candiates wouldn’t go down that well with some core voters. 

5 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I think they would only be able to remove Harris entirely if a non white candiate was one of the two. Two white candiates wouldn’t go down that well with some core voters. 

Well, yeah...but the Democrats want to win, last night suggests they're guaranteed to lose if they keep going on the same ticket, doubtless intense discussions are erupting about the way out of the mess. The one bit of good news is that Biden wanted this debate sooner rather than later so there's a precedent regarding selecting the candidate at the convention, granted, they set that precedent dealing with the aftermath of Robert Kennedy being shot, but it's a precedent nevertheless 

There's only 1 Dem on the ticket able bodies enough to stop Trump

image.jpeg.8b45c74d3d597f28bbdbf8652a068855.jpeg

• Haha 1

We shouldn't be asking Biden and Trump why they are running at their advanced ages, we should be asking all their donors* what they have that means they are getting backed over younger alternatives?

*In reality the volume of money in US politics is way too high anyway, but that's another debate entirely.

5 minutes ago, Brad252 said:

We shouldn't be asking Biden and Trump why they are running at their advanced ages, we should be asking all their donors* what they have that means they are getting backed over younger alternatives?

*In reality the volume of money in US politics is way too high anyway, but that's another debate entirely.

People like sequels, or at least the money thinks that they do.

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

And that would be racist.

I have said for 2-3 years that Biden clearly is showing signs of serious cognitive decline consistent with dementia. Not saying that as a political point but just an observation of behaviour. Why on earth his inner circle have not intervened is beyond me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

I have said for 2-3 years that Biden clearly is showing signs of serious cognitive decline consistent with dementia. Not saying that as a political point but just an observation of behaviour. Why on earth his inner circle have not intervened is beyond me.

Perhaps his inner circle have intervened in private and he's refused. There are reports that only a select few individuals are capable of forcing his hand on this issue, including his wife.

Christ! Just watching the debate myself now and it is worse than I was expecting.He looked like he was about to pass out on the stage on several occasions and seems to have developed a habit of keeping his mouth open most of the time. He definitely was on the verge of falling asleep on at least 2 occasions.Painful to watch and quite scary that he is the President. I say there is no chance they let him stand based on that.

24 minutes ago, Brad252 said:

Perhaps his inner circle have intervened in private and he's refused. There are reports that only a select few individuals are capable of forcing his hand on this issue, including his wife.

You would think though they would come out in public as a last resort and how Jill is not putting her foot down I do not know.