Death Impends

Derby Dead Pool 2024

I'm going to make a second edition of my "Last ones"theme thread. Turns out I missed one this year. Leon Hughes of the Coasters (Yakkety Yak) Died earlier this year and that group went extinct as well, just like Lynnerd Skynned this year.

I've submitted, good luck everyone!

And I will start entering the PM'ed Death By Numbers teams into my database now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gcreptile said:

I've submitted, good luck everyone!

And I will start entering the PM'ed Death By Numbers teams into my database now.

My team will be in sometime this evening.  Thank you

• Like 1

I've just submitted two teams. 

Fired away all 3 of my teams. Definitely get the feeling I've missed some DDP gold picks this year, many people have died this month that got the "another that didn't make the starting line" posts which I've been completely unaware of. Nevertheless my success this year I think relies mostly on picking the correct D40ers.

Just submitted my main team and my two theme teams Slippery Soap (Soap actors/actresses) and No More Expenses (UK Parliamentarians).

11th year I have been playing now.Goes quickly 

• Like 4

Teams sent, my goal is to get a team in the top 20.

1 hour ago, wannamaker said:

Teams sent, my goal is to get a team in the top 20.

I have no expectations now. In my third year I finished third in the DDP, with 8 hits and 64 points!  Wouldn't even get me in the top 50 now.

For a short, heady period I was even at #1.  I still have the screenshot :lol:

58bf5ac313b24_DDPscoreboard.thumb.JPG.4501d94dad0bc57b57eb92ced476a911.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, Toast said:

I have no expectations now. In my third year I finished third in the DDP, with 8 hits and 64 points!  Wouldn't even get me in the top 50 now.

For a short, heady period I was even at #1.  I still have the screenshot :lol:

58bf5ac313b24_DDPscoreboard.thumb.JPG.4501d94dad0bc57b57eb92ced476a911.JPG

I did the same when I was joint first in early 2022.

• Like 1

how much time until the submission deadline? was going to send mine in tomorrow just in case Carter carks it tonight or something

I had the server daemon say the ddp2024 email address is unable to receive my two entries.  I've sent them to the vanilla ddp email address.  I hope no one else has had issues - I imagine I used the wrong email address!

2 hours ago, Evil Grimace said:

I had the server daemon say the ddp2024 email address is unable to receive my two entries.  I've sent them to the vanilla ddp email address.  I hope no one else has had issues - I imagine I used the wrong email address!

The ddp2024@ email doesn’t exist. It says in the email to send it to ddp@ so there really shouldn’t be any confusion. 

• Thanks 1

Submitted my team a couple days ago, my first entry since 2018 I think.

• Like 2

Just submitted three teams using the excel spreadsheet provided for the first time.

• Like 1

Three teams sent, what a relief! :lol:

Aye reet - Carkers Convention have returned in the hope of turning around the flagging fortunes of previous years and there'll be another Kiddyfiddler Harriers entry (not a theme that's likely to pay off massively in competition but there are compensations in those moments when the talent finally delivers!) 

Have a good New Year's Eve everyone!

For the 13th time, Pan Breed is in. Good luck everyone.

At least this time I learned my lesson and didn't swap one of my picks at the 11th hou... no, hang on, that tradition continued.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, CastAway said:

how much time until the submission deadline? was going to send mine in tomorrow just in case Carter carks it tonight or something

23:59 GMT 31/12/2023. I think.

I've done 3 teams again and had the added excitement of my time's-up Joker dying post-submission! (Substitute submitted).

Still haven't received an confirmation Email for my main team, so I just sent them my B-Team under a different Email Adress which worked flawless. My team was confirmed in the blink of an eye.

Distinct lack of journalists writing an "as 202x ends, here's what I've learned from living with stage 4 arse cancer" article this year.

• Haha 1