2.Jimmy Carter

3.Jesse Ventura

4.Jay Kim(Us congress)

5.Sir Patrick Duffy

6.Fernanda Contri

7.Visvaldas Mažonas

8.Petr Pithart

9. Jamshid bin Abdullah

10.Clint Eastwood(Mayor Of Carmel By The Sea)

subs

Pope Francis

Skip Humphrey

Guillermo Rodriguez

• Like 1

1. Jimmy Carter

2. Antero Laukkanen

3. Frank Field

4. Josip Manolic

5. Khamthai Siphandon

6. Pat Dodson

7. Violeta Chamorro

8. Ion Iliescu

9. Sheik Salem Al-Ali al Sabah

10. Zhang Lixiong

• Like 1

1. Josip Manolić

2. Jimmy Carter

3. Zhang Lixiong

4. Violeta Chamorro

5. Khamtai Siphandone

6. Frank Field

7. V. S. Achuthanandan

8. Tomiichi Murayama

9. Guillermo Rodríguez Lara

10. Ali Hassan Mwinyi

subs:

1. Dennis Skinner

2. Zhu Rongji

• Like 2

My ballot:

1. Fred Risser

2. Ursula Haverbeck

3. V. S. Achuthanandan

4. Pete McCloskey

5. Norman Tebbit

6. Josef Duchac

7. Heinz Riesenhuber

8. Wilhelm von Gottberg

9. Nikolai Ryzhkov

10. Bradford Lyttle

Subs:

1. Roy Hattersley

2. Ron Paul

3. Bernhard Vogel

• Like 1

Thanks for hosting this game!

1. Jimmy Carter

2. Frank Field

3. Zhang Lixiong

4. Josip Manolic

5. Bernadette Chirac

6. Violeta Chamorro

7. Tomiichi Murayama

8. Frits Bolkestein

9. King Albert II of Belgium

10. Pope Francis

Sub:

1. Abdoulaye Wade

2. Ali Hassan Mwinyi

• Like 1

Masterlist of teams and names posted, we went from 18 players last year to 40. Thanks to all the new people that joined!

Please inform me of any mistakes.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

On the names masterlist you've put Jason Mackay instead of James.

Fixed.

Oooo i'm the only person that listed Esther Rantzen as she tried to get elected as an MP a few years back.

1 hour ago, ladyfiona said:

Oooo i'm the only person that listed Esther Rantzen as she tried to get elected as an MP a few years back.

She tried to do a Martin Bell and got gubbed. You'd need a heart of stone not to laugh.

I've waited long enough to update this pool, so here it goes.

Former US Senator Jean Carnahan was the first woman to represent Missouri in the Senate, and she was also the first hit in this pool, being a unique pick for @LizLemon, that gives them 5 points (4 for position + 1 for a unique pick).

Dries van Agt served as PM of the Netherlands for 5 years; he was also an ambassador of the EU to Japan and the United States. He was a unique pick for @The Immortal, who gets 6 points with his death.

Nikolai Ryzhkov was the last Premier of the Soviet Union and was a senator in Russia until his retirement last year. His retirement from life this year gave points to three users. @MalePoster gains 10 points, @Heef gains 9 points, and @Prophet gains 2 points.

Ali Hassan Mwinyi was the second president of Tanzania, and during his tenure, he basically tried to reverse the policies of his predecessor. Mr. Permission allows @The Old Crem and @MariNisia to gain points following his death, giving them 6 points and 1 point, respectively.

Philippe de Gaulle was the son of the world-famous French leader and forum poster Charles. He was also a senator for Paris. He gives @Johnnas 10 points (9 for position + 1 for a unique pick).

This is the scoreboard at the moment:

Johnnas- 10

MalePoster- 10

Heef- 9

The Immortal- 6

The Old Crem- 6

LizLemon- 5

Prophet- 2

MariNisia- 1

Everyone else- 0

Please inform me if I missed someone.

• Like 6

Doug Hoyle a hit for me here.

• Thanks 1

Frank Field: my first hit of the year. 

I have two hits now with Josip Manolic and Frank Field 

I was sure I had already updated this pool, turns out I only updated the scoreboard in page 1 and I forgot to do an update post :facepalm: So sorry for not checking earlier.

Ok, here's the update for these last few months:

Former Labour MP for the defunct constituencies of Nelson and Colne & Warrington, and House of Lords member Doug Hoyle has also gone defunct aged 98, his death gives @Thatcher 2 points (1 for position +1 for a unique pick).

French Minister of Foreign Affairs during Mitterrand's presidency Roland Dumas est mort. Dumas also helped Spain regain Picasso's Guernica. In a similar way, his death helps @CaptainChorizo gain 9 points with his death (8 for position + 1 for a unique pick). 

Republican representative from California Pete McCloskey has died aged 96. He challenged Nixon in the Republican primaries and then called for his impeachment, and he also co-founded Earth Day. @Prophet gets 8 points (7 for position +1 for a unique pick).

Longest serving Oklahoma senator Jim Inhofe is a hit for @ThereWillBeDeaths7 & @Steve (they get 5 & 1 point respectively). Can't say I know much about Mr. Inhofe, but the fact that most obits mention his climate change denial speaks volumes.

Now we get to the 3 big deaths that all happened in April. They were all picked by various users, so to save time I won't @ anyone. 

First we have Zhang Lixiong, a Chinese supercentenarian who served as a deputy in the 70s. His death also happened when I had just started taking Chinese classes, so he helped me learn how to pronounce the "zh" and "xi" sounds correctly. 6 users get points with his death.

Next we have Josip Manolic, he was a communist revolutionary in his youth, and he served as the last Prime Minister of Croatia before they declared their independence from Yugoslavia. He continued to be involved in Croatian politics following the Yugoslav wars, and he died at the old age of 104. 14 electoral deadpoolers gain points with his passing.

And finally, we get the biggest hit of them all (until a certain peanut farmer carks it), labour MP Frank Field. He served as the MP for Birkenhead for 40 years and was awarded a Life Peerage after losing the 2019 election. He was also appointed as Tony Blair's Minister for Welfare Reform, which he served for a little over a year. He entered hospice care in 2021, and after 3 years of him somehow staying alive, he finally passed away aged 81. 24 punters obtain precious points.

This is the scoreboard after this long overdue update:

MariNisia- 24

DoorSlammer- 24

drol- 22

ThereWillBeDeaths7- 20

Thatcher- 18

gcreptile- 17

Dying Probably- 16

Funeralopolis- 16

The Daredevil- 16

Heef- 15

Bibliogryphon- 13

Imelda- 13

LizLemon- 13

diego- 12

Summer in Transylvania- 11

CaptainChorizo- 10

Johnnas- 10

MalePoster- 10

Prophet- 10

Steve- 10

Brad252- 9

DeathBecomesThem- 9

DeathByArsenic- 9

Great Uncle Bulgaria- 9

Hell- 9

Commtech Sio Bibble- 8

Sod's Law- 8

theoldlady- 8

The Immortal- 6

The Old Crem- 6

ladyfiona- 4

Everyone else- 0

Please inform me if I missed anything; I promise I won't take as long for the next update :D.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

On 12/12/2023 at 10:51, wannamaker said:

arghton (AR):

1 Salem Al-Ali Al-Sabah

2 Jimmy Carter

3 Taisto Tähkämaa

4 Antônio Delfim Netto

5 Driss Guiga

6 Antero Laukkanen

7 Mukarram Talabani

8 Ben Cayetano

9 Douglas Hurd

10 Cesar Virata

Delfim Netto QO: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-13735647/Delfim-Netto-economic-tsar-Brazils-military-government-dies-96.html

• Shocked 1

Update time:

Firstly, a correction, I forgot to add an extra point to @The Immortal since Dries van Agt died via euthanasia, so he gets the unnatural death bonus.

Next we have Ismail Haniyeh; he was the chairman of the Hamas Political Bureau and he held various top jobs in Palestinian Politics & Hamas-related duties during the last few decades. Haniyeh was assassinated in Tehran and his death gives @Summer in Transylvania 8 points (6 for position, 1 for a unique pick & 1 for a murder).

Brazilian economist & politician Antônio Delfim Netto was the Finance Minister of said country and the architect of the "Brazilian Miracle", where the Brazilian economy grew close to 11% annually. The miracle wouldn't last, and after his tenure Brazil would suffer multiple years of recessions & hyperinflations. Netto was also the minister of Agriculture, Planning and was a  deputy for São Paulo for 20 years. Netto nets points for @arghton with his death (7 for position + 1 for a unique pick.)

Kuwaiti sheikh Salem Al-Ali Al-Sabah was the founder of the Kuwait National Guard during the Six-Day War, and he remained the National Guard Commander until his death. He gives @arghton 10 points & @Funeralopolis 2 points.

Lebanese politician Selim Hoss served as that country's Prime Minister for four terms, most of his tenure was during the Lebanese Civil War. In 1988, Lebanon had no president and 2 rival governments fought for control, with Hoss leading the unconstitutional but internationally supported one. The war would end in 1990 & Hoss would be appointed as PM for a final time. After losing his parliamentary seat in the 2000 elections, Hoss would resign as PM and he ended his political career. @drol gains 8 points with his death (7 for position + 1 for a unique pick).

And lastly, we have the biggest hit in this update, former Peruvian dictator Alberto Fujimori. He was practically unknown when he stood for president, and he shockingly won the 1990 elections. Fujimori's so-called "Fujishock" restored economic stability in the country, and he managed to put an end to the Shining Path's terrorism. He would then dissolve congress and he became a dictator. During his dictatorship, thousands of indigenous Peruvians would be forcefully sterilized & human rights violations ran rampant. Fujimori would rule until the year 2000, where a bribing scandal would break, and he went onto a self-imposed exile in Japan. He tried to get back into politics, but was arrested in Chile and he spent his last years either in jail or the hospital (sometimes both at the same time). 11 players score points with the death of "El Chino", @chilean way @Grimgrass @TheKillingTime & @Zsa Zsa's leg all get their first points in this deadpool.

This is the scoreboard following this update:

drol- 30

MariNisia- 24

DoorSlammer- 24

Thatcher- 22

ThereWillBeDeaths7- 20

diego- 19

Summer in Transylvania- 19

arghton- 18

Funeralopolis- 18

gcreptile- 17

The Daredevil- 17