Grim Reaper

20. Derek Draper

Sad news considering his young age, but also considering the quality of life he must have had since his illness you do wonder if its a blessing for him and his family.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Windsor said:

Sad news considering his young age, but also considering the quality of life he must have had since his illness you do wonder if its a blessing for him and his family.

It definitely is a blessing. The poor man was like a corpse in a morgue.

2 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Couldn't breath properly, couldn't eat or communicate properly, mass organ failure issues, heart issues and allegedly was showing signs of early on set vascular dementia. Yeah, his quality of life was going to be fucked if he'd lived.

• Like 5

So the oldest (Johns) and the youngest (Draper) of the 2024-DL have already died.

• Like 11
  • Shocked 3

What a flying start 

24 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Definitely a blessing. He'd have been better if Covid had taken him when he had it. Had fuck all quality of life

• Like 2

Poor sod. One of those deaths that will bring some relief along with the sadness. His family have been to hell and back over the last 4 years. 

• Like 1

One of the last celebrities who were almost killed by the first COVID wave. A lot of them survived (Pierino Gavazzi, El Loco Gatti, Hanbury-Tenison all still going), but he was the only one to be damaged to this extent. It should have really killed him in the first place.

Off to a roaring start, this list.

Is a blessing for him though, he seemed to be in just permanent suffering.

• Like 1

The oldest and youngest person on the list are the first two hits within the first 5 days.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DeathClock said:

The oldest and youngest person on the list are the first two hits within the first 5 days.

:clivedunn:

If this speedy pattern continues, the whole list will be gone by the spring.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With Draper finally dead that means my winning 2020 Poker team, including subs, are now all dead. @YoungWillz

He’s been the last surviving player for yonks. 

I had an argument with a friend the other day where he was claiming long Covid wasn't a thing. Then again, he works for the Tory government. 

It's sad that Draper is just a few years older than me. I'm wondering if he actually died a couple of days ago and Garraway just didn't announce it until today.

• Like 3

For all those who said he wasn't famous enough, not only he receive a breaking news notification from the BBC but his death was the second 'headline' story on the 1 o'clock BBC News where he received a video obituary that focused on his political career and not his wife.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Phantom said:

I'm wondering if he actually died a couple of days ago and Garraway just didn't announce it until today.

We can forgive a couple of days.

Just not 5 or more…

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Windsor said:

Just not 5 or more…

Whose major celebrity had the longest wait for the announcement of his/her death ? 
(Wonder if my sentence is grammaticaly ok in english tbh?)

4 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Just not 5 or more…

Daily mail say he died on Wednesday evening.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Just not 5 or more…

Right, but if he died before Johns, I get a bonus point on our local Deadpool since he was my joker

3 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Whose major celebrity had the longest wait for the announcement of his/her death ? 

In recent times, MF DOOM's death not being announced for two months is probably as long as it gets for someone with such a following.

Doesn't really fit the "major" part and it wasn't traditionally announced, but Catherine Burns also deserves a shout for being an Oscar-nominated actress who was dead for over a year off radar.

• Like 2

The headline should have been "Does the casket match the drapes?"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

In the UK a lot of 'major' soap star's deaths seem to fall under the radar for a while. Neville Buswell went unnoticed for a month, Ernst Walder went unnoticed for close to a year and Andy Devine went unnoticed for 6 months and there's at least one more recently who's name I can't remember off the top of my head. Whilst non of those had international fame within the UK, Corrie and Emmerdale are massive and Devine and Buswell both played big characters and Walder was one of the original cast members of Corrie and was in a relationship with the soap's creator at some point.

Edit: The one whose name I couldn't remember was Paula Tilbrook.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

In the UK a lot of 'major' soap star's deaths seem to fall under the radar for a while. Neville Buswell went unnoticed for a month, Ernst Walder went unnoticed for close to a year and Andy Devine went unnoticed for 6 months and there's at least one more recently who's name I can't remember off the top of my head. Whilst non of those had international fame within the UK, Corrie and Emmerdale are massive and Devine and Buswell both played big characters and Walder was one of the original cast members of Corrie and was in a relationship with the soap's creator at some point.

Paula Tilbrook may be the one you’re forgetting.

Died Dec19 and announced in Jul20.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

I think Rolf Harris was dead and buried a couple of weeks before anything was announced.

• Like 1