Spade_Cooley

Sinéad O'Connor aka Shuhada' Davitt

As good a time as any to post this, which Imay have posted last year after Terry Hall's death (or I may not have).

• Like 3

She was a talented and unique musician. It's a shame she didn't get the help she needed for her mental health issues and it's a shame all people did was mock her - I admit I did too when I was younger and dumber.

RIP.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Woah. I knew she had problems but she still died far too young. RIP to an excellent musician.

• Like 1

After her sons death last year its hard to be surprised. Figured she wouldn't hold on for long. Sad none the less. Suicide/OD is a big possibility, right?

Nothing compares 2U, RIP

• Sad 2

RIP - talented and, I guess, misunderstood.

Mad as a hatter but what a beautiful voice. Her first two albums are wonderful. RIP. 

RIP she was a very talented woman.

And so ends a life full of misery. 

Mental problems, losing her son. She did it herself. RIP

1 hour ago, time said:

As good a time as any to post this, which Imay have posted last year after Terry Hall's death (or I may not have).

Her version of 'Chiquitita' is gorgeous too, dare I say *whispers* better than the original?

https://youtu.be/iE3meFEZEyI (argh, can't remember how to inbed video using my phone)

• Like 1

the moment I seen her name on that forum, I knew :(

She suffered so much and had to bury her child. She was also attacked by the media for speaking out against the abuses she faced by the Catholic church. I hope she met her beloved son and can finally find peace and happiness in the afterlife.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Genfærd said:

After her sons death last year its hard to be surprised. Figured she wouldn't hold on for long. Sad none the less. Suicide/OD is a big possibility, right?

Seems highly likely.

She's for deathlist 2023 what Kobe Bryant was for the deathlist 2020 the biggest miss of the year

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 10

7 minutes ago, Fantomasss said:

She's for deathlist 2023 what Kobe Bryant was for the deathlist 2020 the biggest miss of the year

Ah yes, the Deathlist committee clearly had the foresight of predicting a healthy 40 year old man getting into a plane crash, they just didn’t tell us. Makes perfect sense to me 

• Like 11
  • Haha 3

Nothing Compares 2 mb.

Chuckle Brothers cover version:

Nothing compares 2 u 2 me

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Fantomasss said:

Who? 

• Haha 2

Sad to hear she has gone but not in the least bit surprised.She was always a damaged individual who appeared to try her best in life.

As someone with long term mental health issues myself I find her hard to analyse psychologically.A complex but nonetheless tragic individual.

• Like 4

Come to think of it, I have seen her once albeit from a great distance. I was at the Wall consert in Berlin in 1990. With about 350.000 others. She sang Mother. Hardly heard her though that was because the audio was terribly soft. Now three dead in this clip. Sinead, Rick Danko and Levon Helm.

• Like 1

When I worked at a pizza kitchen ~1991 the other guys all listened to Pantera and Metallica and Sabbath.  And Sinéad.  Nuf ced.

RIP

Not exactly unexpected knowing her mental health history and the fact her son Shane committed suicide a year back, but sad news nonetheless. I'll have to give credit to the Northern Irish girl I had gone on a date with many years ago for introducing me to Sinead as well couple other Irish and Northern Irish music artists who I still listen to this day.

RIP.

8 hours ago, Whitehouse said:

Come to think of it, I have seen her once albeit from a great distance.

I heard her once from a greater distance. 

Friends were at a Pogues gig in Belfast and she was the surprise guest on Fairytale Of New York.  They phoned me to let me listen. :D

• Haha 1

I'm leaning towards marking her as an unnatural death for the DDP, but theoretically, it could "just" be a heart attack. On the other hand "Not suspicious" doesn't rule out a suicide with a written note.

19 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

I'm leaning towards marking her as an unnatural death for the DDP, but theoretically, it could "just" be a heart attack. On the other hand "Not suspicious" doesn't rule out a suicide with a written note.

Unless a cause of death can be positively established, I tend towards standard points. It can be amended later if something comes to light showing unnatural. But without evidence, it's not established. 

My tuppence.

• Like 6